PDA

View Full Version : MGW shifter stuff (check this out)

BOOMER23
07-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Guys I think Im about to be uber pissed off, I just literally ordered an MGW shifter for my 03 at about 6 o'clock this evening and now its 1:30 in the morning and I happened to go back to the MGW website only to find this brand new shifter available! hmmm should i be pissed or what it looks like they arent offering the different color and length handles now and the red and blue have been replaced by one that is a goldish color, they havent receieved the order yet since i sent it after buisness hours so I guess that I should call and see whats up, I hope i didnt miss out or pay top dollar for something that gets outdated about 4 hours later, thatd be ironic.....dontcha think!

Ashton

03ZINCSVT
07-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Guys I think Im about to be uber pissed off, I just literally ordered an MGW shifter for my 03 at about 6 o'clock this evening and now its 1:30 in the morning and I happened to go back to the MGW website only to find this brand new shifter available! hmmm should i be pissed or what it looks like they arent offering the different color and length handles now and the red and blue have been replaced by one that is a goldish color, they havent receieved the order yet since i sent it after buisness hours so I guess that I should call and see whats up, I hope i didnt miss out or pay top dollar for something that gets outdated about 4 hours later, thatd be ironic.....dontcha think!

Ashton
I don't think that you are going to have a problem over there.....George is a pretty cool cat and more than likely be able to help. What is the deal with the new handle?????? Did they get rid of the other two?

BOOMER23
07-27-2005, 03:20 AM
somebody help and chime in here cause me and him are confused now.....I have no idea is it maybe just in between the length of the red and blue handle or what cause the red and blue ones are now gone off the website its really strange. Wish it wasnt the middle of the night so i could call up George and see whats up here. :banghead:

0103SVT
07-27-2005, 09:16 AM
From what I've heard the orange handle is replacing the blue/red handle. A guy I know here in town just ordered one and got it in a few days ago and it was the orange. The orange is supposed to be a medium length in between the red and blue. Honestly I don't like his orange as much as my blue handle. Good luck man, I hope you get the one you wanted.

BOOMER23
07-27-2005, 08:01 PM
ok just so you guys know heres the deal, I spoke with George this morning about it and he said the orange handled shifter has been available for about two weeks but the website was just updated so my order will be for the new orange one regardless. He also said that the only complaint that he has had on his shifters is that cosmetically they have what he called a "camel hump" look under the boot so he lowered the shaft of the shifters 3/8ths of an inch to correct the problem and now finds that offering the blue and red handles is kinda obsolete now because the new design puts it in a comfortable yet still very short throw position. So best of both worlds I guess. Im happy now and am looking forward to my new shifter arriving hopefully Friday, Ill let you guys now how it works out for me, anybody else that has been thinking about ordering one sounds like now is a good time to do so!

03ZINCSVT
07-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Great deal!!! That would have to be the only thing that I did not like about the shifter......"Camel hump" I am glad that someone to the lead to find out the skinny.....Thanks! Good job!:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
07-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Sweet.....let us know how the install goes!:thumbsup:

MGWLTD
07-28-2005, 09:13 AM
hey guys,

thought i would post in here to try to expamin the new design a bit more.

the orange handle is the same heioght as the blue but has the reach of the red. i was able to do this by changing the angle of rise on the handle. it is basically the best of both handles without the drawbacks of either.

best way i can describe it is if you had a choice of having to buy a car that was only good at the 1.4 mile and another car that was good on the open track but then found you could buy one car that did both just as well which would you do ? :p

regards
george

03ZINCSVT
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks George!!!! I am currently saving up to buy it!! I just might make the trip from Columbia and pick one up. Buy the way, are there any good places in Augusta for dyno? If so, any dyno days coming up? :firedevil

BOOMER23
07-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Got it installed today and must say its working out great, George... great design good work! now I can really bang the hell out of em Id have to say keeping the stock shifter is not advised :crazy: