PDA

View Full Version : Biltmore & Blue Ridge Cruise

RF Cobra
07-29-2005, 01:02 AM
We are looking at the possiblity of a spring event, possibly May or June '06. We would start by meeting and going to the Biltmore house. They will let us in early so that we can setup the Cobras in front of the house in order to take pictures before they open for the day. So we would probably need to be there around 7:30 to get setup and have time to take pictures. Pictures will be taken for the club plus anyone who brings a camera may take pictures as well. The only stipulation by Biltmore is that they are for personal use only.

Then we would tour the house and grounds. Afterwards we could cruise the Blue Ridge and head towards Brevard/Rosman. There are a few paved parking areas where we could stop and go to nearby waterfalls. This would be a one day event.

Exact details for the cruise, eating and activities after seeing the Biltmore will be worked out if there is enough interest in going to the Biltmore house.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

Biltmore Estate group rate tickets:
$35.00 for 17 and older
$17.50 for 6-16 year olds
free for 5 and younger

Private breakfast option has been eliminated. Number of Yes responses is not anywhere near high enough for the breakfast due to the fee.

InfamousSVT
07-29-2005, 05:00 AM
I'd be interested.....sounds like a fun trip!:thumbsup:

Plus I act under 5, so I can get in free right:D

RF Cobra
07-29-2005, 09:38 AM
I'd be interested.....sounds like a fun trip!:thumbsup:

Plus I act under 5, so I can get in free right:D

We could tell them you are our middle child and see if it works...:rotf:

Big Daddy
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I guess I could make that one....Biltmore is about 15 min in traffic from my house! :D ;)

97whitevert
07-29-2005, 08:47 PM
guess it will depend on the date

Cobra4me
07-30-2005, 02:58 AM
sounds interesting

nckissfan
07-30-2005, 06:35 AM
sounds ok, but would rather cruise the Outer Banks.

beerkat
07-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Patches and I would go. We have been a couple of times and it always been good. The Behind the Scence tour and the Roof top tours are my favorites.

RF Cobra
07-30-2005, 12:52 PM
sounds ok, but would rather cruise the Outer Banks.You can do both or just one. Whatever your preference. :thumbsup:

I hope you can do both! :)

RF Cobra
07-30-2005, 01:00 PM
guess it will depend on the date
Should have a date decided before 9/15 (I hope :) ).

Feel free to post date preferences. The deciding factors will be Biltmore's availability to do the breakfast (if we decide to do it) and when Tony wants to do the Outer Banks trip. I don't want to have the events too close to each other since several members work on the weekend and I would like for them to be able to attend if they want to go.

RF Cobra
07-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Patches and I would go. We have been a couple of times and it always been good. The Behind the Scence tour and the Roof top tours are my favorites.
More great ideas! It has been so long since the last time we went I can't remember all the extras that are offered.

I'd be a little worried about a couple of members in particular falling off the roof though. ;)

BLWNSN8K
07-30-2005, 09:58 PM
That sounds great to me since I live about 20 minutes from there, plus I just moved here and I have an interview Monday for the Biltmore, So count me in to at least meet everybody there.

RF Cobra
08-05-2005, 01:21 AM
I hope things went well with the interview. :)

kilroy
08-05-2005, 10:10 AM
sounds ok, but would rather cruise the Outer Banks. Another great idea. I haven't been to Biltmore since I was a kid, though. Would love to see the gardens in bloom.:thumbsup: