PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Full exhaust sytem!

2001REDCOBRA
07-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Looking for input and suggestions for a FULL exhaust system; full length headers; h or x pipe; high flow cats; Magnaflow mufflers or equivelent. Looking for stainless. Ceramic coating? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also; how much of a pain in the ass is it to install the headers on a 2001 Cobra? I've heard they are a pain in the ass! I've looked at a setup from JDM in NJ. Features full length KOOKS headers; stainless exhuast; Magnaflow mufflers; etc. It sells for $1700 for the kit. :cool:

sssvtcobra
07-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I'll try to give as much help as I can. I have heard alot of good things from Bassani's mid-length headers. The Bassani's are the best of both worlds, you can perform any transmission or clutch work without having to remove the headers first. Any long tubes that you might get you will have to remove before performing any of the above. You definately want to go with ceramic coating, better protection and I believe it helps keep the heat down in the engine compartment.

An X-pipe will give you better gains and flow better than an H-pipe.

Now for the cat-back I would suggest some straight through mufflers or resonators like Bassani, SLP, Magnaflow, or Borla. I do know for a fact that the SLP is LOUD. The Bassani isn't as loud but it's close. I prefer the sound of SLP to Bassani. I have had both and now have the SLP loudmouth 2 catback with the Bassani O/R X-pipe (all stainless). You can get the full Bassani set up for around $1700 also. The good thing with the Bassani X-pipe is that you can buy the cat's and also have race pipes for straight through flow.

And yes I have heard that a header install is a pain in the a$$ also. I was told that you need to drop the K-member and raise the motor a little. Although I have never done it, there are other members that have so they might be able to give you a little more advice.

Hope this helps.

wickedsnake
08-01-2005, 11:57 AM
im thinking of getting either the slp loudmouth or the magnaflow..which one would you guys recommend? is it even worth swapping from the hooker mufflers that i have now?