PDA

View Full Version : Hey cobrabitn or anyone that knows the answer

svtmc-g
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
My car, since it was used, did not come with an owners manual. It'd be nice to have. Will SVT sell/send me one? Also, I'd like to get a certificate for my Cobra and born date/build number. Can i get these items? How? Thanks
Matt

sssvtcobra
07-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I don't know if you can get another manual or not for sure, it would hurt to ask. But if you call 1-800-ford-svt they can give you the build #'s right over the phone (they did me). Also if you ask them they can send you a certificate of authenticity. You might have to send them a copy of your registration or have your V.I.N. # ready.

cobrabitn
07-29-2005, 11:47 PM
SVT-Mc

What Jeff said about the certificate, call 1-800-FORD-SVT and give them your VIN number.

I would check with e-bay or do a search on the net for the manual. The 99 Mustang manual will do as your Cobra manual. SVT added and additional supplemental manual for the Cobra. You can sort of get half way there with a 99 Mustang manual. When I sold my 99 Cobra, I let the manuals go with it.

Check other BB's to see if someone has one they will want to part with as I don't think you can get one from Ford now. :(

Cobra4me
07-30-2005, 01:53 AM
My car, since it was used, did not come with an owners manual. It'd be nice to have. Will SVT sell/send me one? Also, I'd like to get a certificate for my Cobra and born date/build number. Can i get these items? How? Thanks
Matt I just recently bought an 04 w/o the owners manual which carmax is reimbursing me for. I called this number 800-782-4356. The cost for my manual was $22 plus $6 for the cobra supplement and 6-7 for processing. In my case since carmax was paying I got the pouch as well all totaling 44.95> I dont know if your cost will be different for a different model year. but it is worth a call. As for the certification like everybody else said

svtmc-g
07-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Thankx for the help fellas!

Matt