PDA

View Full Version : Blower Pulley and Preditor tune????

03ZINCSVT
07-29-2005, 07:38 PM
As you can see I have BilletFlow pulleys but have not installed them yet. (this weekend) My question is can I use the preditor's pulley tune or am I going to have to call and get a custom tune? I know that the instruction book for the preditor states that it is good up to 14lbs but I have a 2.76 and it might push it to 15lbs...Any help is appreciated, thanks.

InfamousSVT
07-30-2005, 07:41 AM
Go ahead and install the pullies and load the Predator tune.

You will be able to drive the car, but I would HIGHLY advise that you do NOT run it at full boost until you have a chance to get on the dyno to see what kind of A/F ratio you have.......better safe then sorry!:D

Good luck and let us know your numbers once you get it dyno'd:thumbsup:

03ZINCSVT
07-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks!!! I don't have a dyno in Columbia, so I am going to have to travel to augusta, GA...I hope that I will be able to hit the dyno next weekend......

InfamousSVT
07-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Actually there is a dyno in West Columbia........I'd PM ScreamMachine (Ronnie) he has been there and knows the people. They just got the dyno a few weeks ago and they have a guy that they brought in to run it.
I'd talk to him and get the address to see if it's closer to you rather than driving all over the place looking for a dyno.

Just my .02 cents:D

Good luck:thumbsup:

03ZINCSVT
08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I just found out about the dyno....my buddies (GM Owners...I don't blame them though) just told me the same thing. They have ATS old dyno

blk04cobra1
08-01-2005, 12:30 PM
there are plenty up here in the charlotte area too...i know augusta may be a little closer...good luck and let us know what she puts down :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
08-01-2005, 08:07 PM
I just found out about the dyno....my buddies (GM Owners...I don't blame them though) just told me the same thing. They have ATS old dyno
Yep, you are correct sir!:D

03ZINCSVT
08-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Ok...I am getting the pulley's put on and the car placed on the dyno this friday!!!!!! I am going to do one pull prior to the pulley's and one after the job....I will place my numbers sometime friday afternoon......"Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel!":bounce:

blk04cobra1
08-03-2005, 07:57 AM
good luck :thumbsup:

03ZINCSVT
08-05-2005, 02:50 PM
OK.........so I went to get my blower pulley put on and the place did not have a pulley puller!! But I did one dyno pull and I will get a pulley puller today or tomorrow (fingers crossed) and I will have to go back and get another dyno. So, here is my fist dyno with a few mods........
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/03ZincSVT/dyno1nopulleyscopy.jpg

If you guys could also tell me if this is good, bad or ok power for the mods that would be great!!! Just so I know which parts to buy next....

03ZINCSVT
08-14-2005, 08:01 PM
I got my pulley installed and went for a test drive and wow, the car sucked....we tried to pull some timing and add fuel. That was not the case. I removed my spark plugs and whoever owned the vehicle prior to me had the spark plugs gapped at .57. Long story short I replaced the spark plugs with NGK TR6 and gapped them at .35, low and behold it fixed the problem......I dyno this week to get a complete tune and final dyno numbers. New baby comes this week so I have to get these mods near complete before she gets here.