PDA

View Full Version : Idiot at Mustang Week trying to show off!

InfamousSVT
07-31-2005, 11:14 PM
http://www.lightningrodder.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=docclick&Itemid=49&bid=106&limitstart=0&limit=5

nckissfan
07-31-2005, 11:26 PM
that was real smart. I heard there was a lot of that tom foolery there. That is what gives us stangers a bad name. He could have killed someone. I hope all is well in that video.

93KingCobra
08-01-2005, 12:27 AM
What a f**king idiot :mad: someone could have been seriously injured...

Jesse99
08-01-2005, 02:30 AM
OMG that sucks.. :mad: What a waste of a nice looking Cobra..

redsnake99
08-01-2005, 08:04 AM
That's why I love my Vortech blower, it's a lot safer.

:eek:

InfamousSVT
08-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Here's the aftermath of the side that got all the scratches...........but i'm sure he can just have that buffed right out!:D

Roberta Ault
08-03-2005, 09:36 AM
WOW !! How did you happen to get that video? Was he a "Watch This" type of idiot?

nckissfan
08-03-2005, 10:37 AM
that video is all over the internet, now.

beerkat
08-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I saw it happen. The guy driving the car is a nice guy. He spent all winter building it. I talked to him aobut 10 minutes before it happen. The car was pushing over 600 hp. Most of us are guilty of showing off once in a while.

I am glad that his girl friend was not in the car at the time and that no one was hurt. The driver got a 6 point reckless driving tickett.

I hope that we all learn something from his mistake.

svtmc-g
08-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Man thats a nutty video. I learned something. if you're car gets out from under you and you're gonna wind up the blower, do it in an empty parking lot where you'll, at worst, hit a pole. I am guilty too though. The day i got my Cobra i wanted to get her sideways for some fun, well...i didn't know my car well enough and i about put it in a ditch by my work. oops :D at least i did it where there's NO traffic!!haha So to make myself feel better, i pulled some great donuts once i got back to work!! :thumbsup:
Matt

InfamousSVT
08-03-2005, 09:19 PM
WOW !! How did you happen to get that video? Was he a "Watch This" type of idiot?
The video is all over the boards like said above. But a friend of mine has a longer video of the aftermath.

About the guy. He's actually a good driver and a nice guy from what I hear. Everyone spins the tires and "shows-off" every now and then. From what I was told he was spinning through first grabbed second and then it started to fish tail on him. He then lifted from the gas to slam on the brakes, but accidentally hit the gas again.:( If you watch the video you can hear where the spinning stops and then all of a sudden you hear the blower whine again right before he hit the other cars.

I hate the see that happen to him, but hopefully he'll be able to get another car and jump back on the "horse" and learn from this experience!:)

flynfink
08-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Well, with a 6 pt. reckless ticket and the insurance claim to fix his car and the one he hit, unless he has a lot of $$$, he probably won't be driving anything HP for a few years

cobrabitn
08-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Wish I had cable modem.. :(

InfamousSVT
08-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Wish I had cable modem.. :(
I'll email the vid to you Tony!:thumbsup:

beerkat
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
It is amazing how much 4 or 5 seconds can cost a guy.:eek:

InfamousSVT
08-05-2005, 04:57 AM
It is amazing how much 4 or 5 seconds can cost a guy.:eek:
Ain't that the truth..........I was thinking about that when watching the video.

We all spin the tires and stuff, but when it takes you x amount of money and time to get a car the way you want it, to have one mistake happen like that, within just a few seconds it's all down the drain.

ausie
08-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I am waiting for the video to down load, after seeing the aftermath pictures and reading the comments, perhaps toying around with a monster in areas not designated for goofing off is not a good idea. If you have that urge to drive that way, at least know what will happen when you do it. I can compare the driving the Cobra in the summer to driving a 4x4 in the snow at winter. I have gotten used to sliding sideways but always under control. It is quite different with the Cobra since once you let off the gas, it will hook up and rip the other way. Think first before you plunge the gas pedal to the floor. I can agree with SVTMC-G on the empty parking lot deal. I just cannot find any empty lots to play in :mad:

ausie
08-07-2005, 01:08 PM
damn, he was on an empty street, just as I thought, let go of the gas and it hooked up and went in the direction of the front wheels. OUCH, I would hate to be the one in the white SUV that he slamed into.

svtmc-g
08-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey ausie. Come on over to evansville, there's oodles of parking lots to play in!! :D
Matt

ausie
08-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty here too, but they come with their own rent-a-cop just waiting to phone in a report to the locals. I guess over the years and having several idiots decide to play the blues brothers with their pickup trucks found that if they want to enter the mall when it is closed why not make a drive though out of it. Most of the parking lots that are around here (large enough to have a little fun) have a minimum wage baby sitter. That is all I need, a report of someone making doughnuts in the parking lot. I could just hear the scanner on that call, "did someone say doughnuts?"

svtmc-g
08-08-2005, 03:36 PM
hahaha. then you hear"with sprinkles?" Yeah, our mall has a rent-o-piggy but that's it. All other lots are open, for now. There's alot out on the edge of the city that are fully deserted at night. I run a route on the weekends for extra cash. I even went through one and there were 2 carloads of girls about 14-16 years old partying away(in front of a target), and no cop ever got em. I go by there on the way back 2 hours later...still there...and we're talkin 4am here!!! Man I would whip my kids ass for that. There's not alot to do here in Evansville, unless you're 21, so all the teens hang out in parking lots. yikes
Matt

cobra330
08-20-2005, 07:11 PM
ttttt

svtmc-g
08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Actually I was getting ready to post up and have someone let him know there's an Identicle(sp?) one for sale here in my hometown. A black '03 with the Saleen's and everything. As i said earlier, I almost did the same type thing with probably half(at least) the Horsepower, damn minute pebbles!haha
Matt

RF Cobra
08-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't like being like this but you have made several accusations about people on this board recently without offering any proof for your claims and I take offense at the blanket accusations you are making in your post.

I guess this will just never die will it? First off this one of my best friends and one the nicest and level headed guys you will ever met... I am glad to see this thread did not to carried away as on some other forums... When a video like that gets posted, it tends to get passed around.

That's nice to say about him.

So why the attitude with your post since you even note people are not bashing him here? :doubt: :confused:

If you have a problem with someone on another forum take it up with them. Don't take it out on the people here.

You get around all those people with all that horsepower..and it's like a drug..addictive..and you want to be hey look at me. I mean really..why else did you buy a car with all that horsepower? To drive 55?? I doubt it I believe that is called carelessness.

So if your friend drives his car off a cliff...Yeah, I didn't think so.

Actually I bought the car for me to enjoy. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Some people buy them to put in a garage or warehouse to collect dust. Others buy them to drive at the dragstrip or on the track...

Nope, other than downtown the speed limits here are 65 or 70 on the interstate. However the on ramps downtown are so short it is nice to have enough power to be able to merge quickly since it is rare here to find someone that will let you in without acting like they are in a race.

I guess my point is watch what you say or before you call him a moron or idiot. Never said he was. Yes the thread was titled that way but no one has said that in their post. You have to admit from the video it looks like he was driving rather wrecklessly though...

Get the whole story first and remember it could have been you. That's why I haven't posted anything.

Actually the chances of that are slim to 0% since I don't put myself in a situation where I am wreckless with my driving.

Don't anyone sit here and say they have never played..and almost lost it. Hell I did it in my 98 and almost totalled...and I did ruin a pair of shorts...all cause I wanted to take out a Camaro...sound familair? Now who is passing judgement? See comment above. I learn how to drive all of my vehicles and learn what their limits are so that I know when to back off.

This guy is one of the nicest guys you will ever met, he does know how to drive and he can drive quite well...as a 10 second run down the strip will show you. That's nice but is irrelevent. Driving straight for 10 seconds doesn't require the same level of skill as cornering. He wrecked. End of story.

For the record no one was hurt. That's good. Had there been a passenger in his car it probably would have been a different story.

His biggest concern was thier safety and sorry that he had done what he had done. If that was his biggest concern he would not have been driving around a corner like that on a public road to start with. I am glad that he took responsibility for his actions. That speaks volumes about his character, unlike the tone of your post.

Oh and for the record their were at least 3 other accidents that week that were due to driver error...yet..no video..so no comments. So since someone else had a wreck that makes it okay. :rolleyes:

Note too...he already has replaced the car with another Cobra...just like that one with a Whipple and just as much power.... Hopefully he has learned from his mistake as was posted previously. Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

Sorry guys not trying to bust anyone's chops... The attitude of your post and genarlized comments attacking those using this board and reading this thread say otherwise.

just watch what you say when you don't know the story..don't know the person...and have done the same or similiar things on the highway...next time it could be youYou apologize and then go on the attack again...What gives?

NO! Never done the same or similar and thus, "next time" it will not be me. So stop with the personal judgements and attacks.

By the way..the reason the video was posted by the person that posted was to get the truth out about what really happened.. I am not sure where you are trying to go with this since I have watched the video several times and from the video it appears he was trying to show off by driving too fast around a corner, started to lose control, appears to get it corrected and then jumps on back on the throttle and then spins out of control into three other vehicles. I have heard that he claims he was trying to slam on the brakes (which is not a good thing to do in that situation either) and mistakenly hit the throttle. Since I don't know him personally I had not planned to make any comments. That video, used as evidence in any court of law, would result in convictions for several offences. So, like I said, I am not sure what they were trying to prove with that video.

We all love our cars and like talking to others who own them...but, why must we be so quick to judge? All the posts I read gave me the impression they thought he made a mistake and was just careless, which he did, and he was. Your post is the only one I read that was passing judgement on others, and the wording implies it was aimed at everyone on this board. So my question is: Since you make it absolutley clear that you don't want to be here (sig line for example), why is it that you are here attacking those that want to be here?

cobra330
08-20-2005, 10:50 PM
ttttt

nckissfan
08-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I, also, don't drive my car like that. I have only exceeded 100 mph two or three times, and that was on a race track. So, no, it wont be me next time, either.

Cobra4me
08-20-2005, 11:17 PM
bottom line any mature, thoughtful, intelligent individual would not have had this wreck. The actions speak for themselves. He was showing off and for many reasons lost control and thanks to GOD he didn't kill no one. Most pure car enthusiatics (sp) don't dog their car and show off on a crowded highway. WE dont have to pass judgement the actions speak louder than words.

cobra330
08-20-2005, 11:31 PM
ttttt

cobra330
08-20-2005, 11:32 PM
I, also, don't drive my car like that. I have only exceeded 100 mph two or three times, and that was on a race track. So, no, it wont be me next time, either.

I said could not would.

RF Cobra
08-21-2005, 01:06 AM
get over it. I am just tired of everybody ripping him a new butt like they don't do anything and can't drive when they don't know the person...that would be like me saying I don't like you because what you said about me..although the several accusations remark..not to sure about.

Oh and on another note what are you talking about several accusations on this board recently without proof? I have not even been on this forum much lately...so again what are talking about?
I think you are the one that needs to "get over it" as I don't have any issues so there is nothing for me to get over. :D

I do not blame you for being upset if what is being said is untrue. But I do not see where coming here and lashing out at people that are not the source of the problem helps the situation. Apparently you have issues that need to be dealt with and they are not going to be solved by taking them out on the people here. Take your fight back to the other forum and deal directly with them. I don't mind expressing your anger, or trying to provide accurate information when needed, but there is a right way to do it that will provide the support you were looking for, and there is the wrong way to do it which not only turns people away, it hurts the very cause you are trying to fight for.

I'm frankly surprised about your posts because people have said positive things about you that know you. Next time maybe you should direct your anger/temper at those who caused it and not those on this board that had nothing to do with it.

When writing, the hostility of your post was directed squarely at the reader, not at those who actually made the comments because you repeatedly said "you." If this was not the intent then the post should have been worded accordingly. The hostility exhibited does more to harm his case than help it. What the video appears to show is someone who lost control of their car due to carelessness in an attempt to show off. Then it appears he gets off the throttle (shifts into second?) and then nails it in second and completely loses control. From what Infamous said he was told the guy started losing control in first and then shifted into second. I didn't hear him lift to shift prior to getting on the gas when he completely lost it but I would probably have to see the whole thing from when he started moving to know for sure. Now, looking at the damage to the passenger door, what do you think would have happened to his girlfriend if she had been in the car? :eek:

And no, I do not think I am in the minority with how I drive. One of the reasons I joined this club is because of the high level of maturity exhibited by the members that I met prior to joining. Do we like to have fun? Of course. But the majority, not the minority, know how hard they can push their car and they know the limits because they have taken the time to find those limits in a safe environment so they know when to stop. Will there be accidents? Yes, we are all human and no one is perfect. But all the members here I know use common sense and that is the key to preventing almost every accident other than those due to mechanical failure of some sort.

As far as my reference, go back to your previous thread. You know, the one you threw the tantrum in and deleted all of the text in your prior posts about your car. You made accusations about other members on this board and in this club that were completely unfounded and untrue as what you claimed they said was not in any of their posts. Does that ring a bell?

PS - Profanity is not welcome on the SCMC boards. We like to keep a friendly "family" environment here. Thanks! :)

RF Cobra
08-21-2005, 01:18 AM
guess if I would have posted the same thing..you would ask for my head?Nah, I don't know what I would do with it if I had it. The walls are already covered with pictures and collectibles so there would be no place to hang it. ;)

I might have gotten the post deleted though had you lashed out any worse than you did. The people on this board were like the victims in those three vehicles. Innocent people minding their own business that got broadsided by someone out of control...

If you really want to pursue this further, do so off the board. I don't hide my email address and also allow PMs. However, I do reserve the right to delete any petty and childish attacks that are undeserving of a response. :)

ausie
08-21-2005, 08:27 AM
If one were to look at the video in a different perspective it is a reminder to all that an automobile can do unpredictable things regardless of our driving skills. I know I have been there behind the driver's seat and displaying what the car can do but it is difficult to determine in advance what the car will do depending on the circumstances. I am sure some of us have been close to disaster either by just driving or by showing off. I have been there many times and not because I planned it either. I agree that could happen to anybody as it did. It is just unfortunate that it happened. Perhaps the comments may have been different if the driver was known by all in the forums. However, in a third person point of view or as a spectator there will be a difference of opinion. I attempted to watch it frame by frame just to see what had happend only to avoid the same outcome if I were to find myself facing the same predicament. We all learn from our mistakes and mistakes from others. Perhaps there is something to learn from this. At least there were no injuries.

beerkat
08-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I find this of interest. The date of the last post to this thread was Aug 8. Then cobra330 decide to open it back up on Aug 20 with the opening statement of this thread not dying. It had been dead for 12 days before cobra330 started bit--ing about it.

AH1W
08-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Does anyone have the "full" file?

cobra330
08-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Please full free to have this post deleted. I just happened to notice it late that was the late reason for my post. Yeah I am one heck (since hell is such a bad word) of a nice guy..and would do anything for anyone. I just wanted to take up for my friend...Sorry my post was taken so hostile as it was not intended. It seemed as though a few noted he was an idiot and others that's the reason why we get a bad name, etc.....when some....not all, cause apparently some of you bought a 300+hp car...to drive the speed limit all the time, do it on the highway to. We all play...yeah I include me..did it this weekend. Could have gotten a ticket on a few occassions....but, in the same respect..I would not call the person show in the video an idiot..till I got the WHOLE story. Anyway..that was my point. Sorry I ever freaking posted now....so much for my nice guy rep...oh well. I just am suprised that so many got so upset over my post...can we not speak out? Secondly..if you did not make a comment and never drive bad..well then..you were not included. Also..beerkat..I was not referring to you either...but, I guess my biggest mistake was saying all. Anyone back to whatever your doing with your familes..and I'll keep my hostile meaning less post to myself...or other places where we can go back and forht on it..

Sorry to all....

RF COBRA! Tantrum? I am 37..not 7....I give alot of good time to this club..and this is the crap I have to hear? Can I not delete my post? First off all I do not care for someone who does not know my car or my tuner to say it was not true what I said..how does he know? He a tuner? Secondly..tantrum? And that's all you got? One other post? Please..come to the table with more next time...jeez I thought you had list. I guess you never got upset with anyone? My reason for deleting..not that is your business is that if that was the comments I was going to get back for trying to share something I was happy about..I'll post elsewhere....but, thanks for taking up for the other guy on ruining my day when I was excitied....Or..all your posts going to be directed at me?

Tell you what..don't worry..I'll go and save you trouble.