PDA

View Full Version : Mac Prochamber and Borla Stinger

BlueOvalPower
08-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Would this combo be too much as for sound? it would be the O/R pipes and the stinger set up, I have read that it is really loud and I cannot really find any sound clips, thanks

sssvtcobra
08-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Smashedheadcat has a video of that set-up on his car. I think I have it saved. If I do I will try to post it.

sssvtcobra
08-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Well for some reason I can't get it attached. I'm sure if you do a search in the vidoes forum under Smashedheadcat you will find it eventually. Or maybe he'll see the thread and post it here.

BlueOvalPower
08-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the reply I looked through his profile and couldn't find it just a few comments that with an O/R pipe it is really loud the catted pipes are not too much more so I guess if it is too loud I can try to tone it done with the cat's thanks

sssvtcobra
08-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm not real sure if the pro-chamber comes with the option of having cat's. I know when I bought mine for my old car, the vendor didn't ask me. If you send him a PM, he might be able to post it here for ya.

sssvtcobra
08-03-2005, 11:27 AM
BlueOvalPower

I searched his past post's and I found them. They are on page 6, and the thread title is: Exhaust problems please help. That's actually a thread that I started. You might have to right click and save them to your desktop before they will play (there is two videos). Thats what I had to do before they would play for me.

BlueOvalPower
08-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks so much that is perfect! I am going to start shopping, I just ordered a MGW shifter & Predator get the exhaust then pulleys once I can line up a dyno locally, thanks

smashedheadcat
08-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I have the stingers and mac prochamber on my car. In my opinion, this is the meanest, yet tone sound you can get for these cars. It is loud though. Very loud. But it's clean. So it's very tolerable. I do have a few clips of it, but i'm here in iraq. I'll try to see if some are still hosted online somewhere.

smashedheadcat
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Here ya go! Right Click, Save As (http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=113)

BlueOvalPower
08-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks Guy I really appreciate it I am going that route for sure I like the clean set up and those tips! Now I have to find the best price :D Thank you

blk04cobra1
08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
if you havent completely made up your mind yet, call Mark at LFP and get his price on the Bassani's...I guarantee you wont be disappointed ;)

smashedheadcat
08-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks Guy I really appreciate it I am going that route for sure I like the clean set up and those tips! Now I have to find the best price :D Thank you

I am switching to a solid axle so I had to buy a mach 1 stinger catback. I got it from Jared @ Lethal Performance for $550 to my door. www.lethalperformance.com You'll have to call him up, and he'll give you better pricing than what's listed on his site. Awesome company.

Next up would be Nino Sport. They have good prices as well. They ship really fast and are cool people.

I bought my first set of stingers for my '03 from 21st Century exhaust. At the time, they were the cheapest out there. Contact info:
21st Century exhaust in Florida 561-276-6399 I paid $540 shipped to my door back in April of 2004.

Linn@Amazon
08-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Would this combo be too much as for sound? it would be the O/R pipes and the stinger set up, I have read that it is really loud and I cannot really find any sound clips, thanks
It is very aggressive but sounds awesome..one of my Fav combos for these cars...

BlueOvalPower
08-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I called Lethal Performance and he talked me into the UPR mid pipe with the Borla Stinger so we will see it was $860 shipped they are in FL not too far away and I should get it tomorrow, I figure if I dont like the mid pipe it wasnt too much money and I can get most of it back and get the Pro Chamber, Just got my Predator today and looking forward to getting the shifter soon and I ordered the JLT CAI full kit yesterday and he said it would ship today, Good Stuff thanks again!

blk04cobra1
08-04-2005, 03:22 PM
now all that's left is the pulley swap :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ps--the borla sounds sweet...I just didnt like the rolled tips

BlueOvalPower
08-04-2005, 04:34 PM
now all that's left is the pulley swap :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Absolutely! I just have to find a dyno tuner around here that is decent, maybe have the Predator shipped and programed or drive to NC and schedule Amazon to do so, thanks for the help I am sure more questions are coming.

Kelvinator
09-13-2005, 04:52 AM
It is very aggressive but sounds awesome..one of my Fav combos for these cars...
What are your other Fav combos?