PDA

View Full Version : rare oppty!

97whitevert
08-04-2005, 05:15 PM
go here. this is wonderful! I just had to share, be sure to keep clicking to the next page (hope the link works)

http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/

nckissfan
08-04-2005, 05:45 PM
link good:thumbsup:

that is awesome. Not often you can get that detailed.

RF Cobra
08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Thats incredible! We've had hummingbirds in our backyard for the past 3-4 years in our silk plant tree but I have never been able to get any close up shots of them like that.

InfamousSVT
08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
My mom has got a sugarwater feeder for the humming birds out front and they come almost right up to ya! It's pretty cool, I'll have to take some pics one day!:)

cobrabitn
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
We have a feeder in the front yard and back yard. The one in the backyard is attached to the window frame. I can literally go to the screen and be less then 6 inches away from the ruby throated birds. :) I'll try to take a pic this weekend if I can. They also come back every year around the second week of April! ;)

RF Cobra
08-04-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't know what it is about the silk plant tree. We tried a feeder to lure them to where we could see them better but after investigating the feeder they turned their beaks up at it and went back up in the tree. You can usually spot at least half a dozen of them at a time around the tree and it is interesting to watch them as some will feed while others take turns chasing each other.