PDA

View Full Version : 2.80 vs 2.76,,,,,,,WOW!!!

Dave B.
08-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok so the other day i had to remove all 4 of the MOTOBLUCRAPOLAPULLEYS

I then put the Billetflow 4 pulley set (wonderful stuff) on but I still had a Motoblue 2.80 on the supercharger and did not want to take it off as it was a hugh problem putting it on, but the belt was riding right on the edge of the billetflow aux-idler, not good,,,SO I get a Billetflow 2.76,,, just about broke that dang tool pulling that motoblue 2.80 off, it had to have been machined improperly as i cannot describe how hard it was to get off,

Bottom line after installing the 2.76 i really did not expect any gains, but WOW, its like someone bolted 50 Lbs of torque to my AS&,, now just the smallest amount of throttle has hugh torque, wish I would have known that to start with, by the way,, if you do have a 2.80 pulley and want to go with the Billetflow idler set, I do recomend you change to the 2.76, the belt with the 2.80 has the tensioner just slammed to its stop, the 2.76 though sets it nicley at the top limit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big T
08-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I didn't think it would be a big difference. I might get a 2.76 to milk out some more torque. I have the motoblue idlers and have had no problems yet. I do get a little vibration b/w 2500 and 3000 rpms.

Dave B.
08-05-2005, 11:29 PM
How long or how many miles have you put on those pulleys?

What size SC pulley do you currently have??

and No I did not expect any differance at all when going from the 2.80 to the 2.76, heck I only changed it because of the belt running off the edge of the Billetflow aux-idler, the car just seems to have a lot more UUMFF,,,,,at the bottom bottm,,,,its hard to describe really,,,,very noticable,,

Big T
08-07-2005, 06:07 PM
I have had my 2.8 with the aux idler kit for about 4000 miles. I don't drive my car much but I do get on it when I do drive. The ford motorcraft belt from RPM outlet did not last long (about 2 mos). I switched to a tighter gatorback belt and it has been fine except for a small vibration/rattle/whistle noise from 2500 to 3000 rpm's. The vibration was present with the rpm belt but louder. It was not there before my puller swap when I had the stock pulley. I can notice it but others can't. My belt tensioner pulley does wobble a bit even though I have it tightened well. My other pulleys don't wobble. I suspect this may be the cause of the sound.

Dave B.
08-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Listen heres the deal with ths motoblue pulleys,,I had them for a long time, but the bearings they used were the wrong kind,

after about 2 or 3 weeks when the car was cold, I would start to here squeaking, until it warmed up, then the squeaking would go away, yet over time the squeaking would take longer and longer to go away until finaly one day the squeak did not go away, so we pulled the pulley off and the bearing was totaly trashed, so rpmoutlet sent us more bearings, we replaced them all,

Well, over the next few weeks the same dang thing happed, this time we changed just the one bearing that was screwed up, soon enough the next one in line started going and so forth and so forth,

We took all the bearings out and they were all trashed, big time trashed,
So I called rpmoutlet and to there suprize GEE,,,,I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE 8 plus BEARINGS GO BAD,,,,IMAGINE THAT!!!!

So what we did was order stock OEM idler pulleys which was the only way to get the OEM bearings, we took the OEM bearings out of them and pressed them into the motoblue idlers,,,,,,,,then arraingment worked for a long time and the bearings never wore out until because the motoblue using that stupid snap ring the bearing race started spinning inside the idler pulley, I had a differant color dust coming out of each one of the four, and one of them was getting glassed by the belt for some reason to the point the metal that touched the belt was coming off.

I just took all of them off and got all new Billetflow set which look far far better made,,,,,but then, because my motoblue 2.80 would not seat all the way on to the shaft, I had to take it off and thats how I ended up with the 2.76 Billetflow that does fit properly,,,,you dont have any squeaking?

Big T
08-18-2005, 12:01 AM
sorry so late responding. I don't have squeaking, but I do expect the aux idler will need replacement at some time. I only hear a rattling/vibrating sound. I haven't put alot of miles on my pulleys yet.

Dave B.
08-18-2005, 02:27 AM
hey kind of differance did having your blower ported? I thought I saw that you had that done, i was thinking of doing it but i would want to do it what they give me one ported with all new bearings and they take mine as a core

blk04cobra1
08-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Dave, they'll definitely do the core exchange and you'll love it...if you follow their formula, it's a guarantee'd 40+RWHP (Stage 3 port=$495) :thumbsup:

kilroy
08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Dave, glad to hear the BF are working for you. For sanity's sake, you may wish to throw in a FJO wideband on a dyno to have A/F re-checked. You're probably OK, but best to check on it.
:side:

^ kilroy was here