PDA

View Full Version : rear end gone bad

mrpork
08-06-2005, 09:31 AM
:( well i had real bad wheel hop got rid of it, now i need some more help from all you great people.now my rear end is making a clunking noise i took it to my local mechanic (the one who installed my bushings )he told me it is the rear end making the noise . has anyone come across this problem at alland if so did ford take care of it or should i spend the money and just have my mechanic install some thing stronger

blk04cobra1
08-06-2005, 09:52 AM
just depends on your mods and how friendly your dealer is about those mods...is the rear leaking at all? Is the car driveable? I would most likely just take it to your dealer first and give it a shot...if they say not covered under warranty b/c of mods, then take it back to your mechanic...good luck

ausie
08-06-2005, 12:07 PM
If it starts to make noise, it could be the differential locking plates or clutches. IF the diff housing is cracked and the fluid leaked out, it may not be strong enough to handle the stress. I do know that many of the SC Cobra kit car companies use IRS setups, perhaps there is a cast iron differential available that may be used. A corvette or viper diff may also be an alternative since they were designed to handle more power.