PDA

View Full Version : The bad luck continues

svt tam
08-07-2005, 02:43 PM
So my car was hit on the day that I moved up to Lubbock. I had it on the trailer going down 290 @ 60mph in the slow lane and got rear ended by a drunk driver with no insurance or liscence at 7:30 in the morning. :mad: When he hit me, I thought I was gonna lose the trailer and that my car was gonna flip. Luckly the trailer flew up and got jammed into the unloading ramp on the Budget truck, saving it from flipping. Anyways, now my passenger exhaust tip looks like a hard taco. Dammit I just put that thing on a week ago too. I called magnaflow for a replacement tip and they said they don't sell one for the magnapacks. What should I do now? Y'all think an ehaust shop can fix it? My rear bumpr is also messed up. :mad: Well I got to Lubbock and found out that the garage that was suppose to be saved for me was taken. dammit it again. Now my bike is chained up out side which makes me very nervous. Talked to managment and they told me the only garage available was located on the other side of the complex. Guess I'll have to take it for now. :mad: Oh and another thing, I drove all around town and could not find a gas station with 93 octane. I have the timming adjuster set at 14 degrees on my car I don't know if 90 octane will be ok. What do y'all think? What should I do now?

Sorry for the rant. Damn drunk driver.

93KingCobra
08-07-2005, 04:58 PM
That sucks Tam I hope it all works out for you....

jimmysidecarr
08-07-2005, 06:50 PM
It could have been A LOT WORSE!!! It could have been TOTALLED!!

Keep looking for high octane there has to be some 93 in that town some where!

I would not run 90 octane... 91 is minimum and that is with the factory tune... If you have no choice and must run 90... no full throttle till a re-tune can be done!!!
A performance tune is going to need 93(unless it was tuned for less)

Magnaflow sells tips separately and they can be welded in by any competent exhaust shop.---> http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplaycategories02.asp?zone=main&id=281

Get a few estimates from local body shops ...including dealer body shops..

Sorry about the bad luck :(
I wish Texas would put some teeth in the insurance law!!!
They should do like New York and several other states do.... If you cancel your insurance or let it lapse..... you have -- x-- amount of days to turn in your plates.... or they issue a warrant for your arrest!!!!
Now THAT is TEETH!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
08-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Man that sux Tam. Good luck on the repairs.

msmap
08-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Oh wow, I am sorry to hear this, Tam. Glad you finally got there safe and sound, though!

svt tam
08-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks everyone. Yeah I could have been much worse. Thank God it wasn't. Well I've called a bunch of gas stations today and all I got was 90 octane. :( I think there's a station about 30 miles away that has 93 but I'm not sure. Well I guess I'm gonna have to get a new tip welded on. I'm flying down to Houston on either Wednesday or Thursday to pick up my car and drive it back up here. Anybody know of a good exhaust shop that can weld that sucker on while I'm down there. Hopefully this next trip will be a lot better.

97CasperCobra
08-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Well I've called a bunch of gas stations today and all I got was 90 octane. :( I think there's a station about 30 miles away that has 93 but I'm not sure.

Tam...you could always get the 90 octane and go buy some octane booster from an auto store or something. sorry to hear about the car man, but good to hear it wasn't any worse. What did you ever do with the IRS now that you have a solid axle??

Firme
08-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Tam,

Sorry to hear about the sting of bad luck :( .

svt tam
08-10-2005, 03:36 PM
. What did you ever do with the IRS now that you have a solid axle??

It's sitting in my garage and it's for sale if you know anyone who's interested. :D

97CasperCobra
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
It's sitting in my garage and it's for sale if you know anyone who's interested. :D

PM me a price man. :thumbsup: