PDA

View Full Version : Ye olde header question,,,,

Dave B.
08-08-2005, 12:32 AM
FOr the one millionth time im sure,

I have the following bolt on's, and thinking about headers, I have been told there not worth it as I do not drag race, ever,

just horsing around a bit on the street,, but I would like to hear from the people who had my bolt on's then put headers on,,,,,Im curious if you were surprised one way or another,???

2.76 pulley
accufab single blade
Mac cold air
Magnaflow cat and X-pipe
Gordsford heat exchanger
4:10 rear end

THe car now has so much bottom end that my wife has a hard time driving it in first gear
,,its kind of funny to watch her try to drive it as shes really does not want to drive fast but you know how it is with all that stuff and 4:10's,,,,,

the one thing I would not want to loose in anyway, is all that bottom end torque,,,I cannot imagine it could be more than it is,,,,headers would lmake it loose bottom end it would they not?

InfamousSVT
08-08-2005, 03:23 AM
If I were you I would look into the Mid-length Headers, not the LT's

The only reason I put the headers on my car is for the sound.......honestly. I had all of your mods minus the 4:10 gears and I didn't notice any loss down low.

Plus you get great benefits from the headers as well............more air flow, less heat, sound, etc.......................oh yeah did I mention the sound :D :thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
08-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I'd agree with Infamous, but I'd get the LT's...just having mine back for a few days and can tell a difference in the sound...power is yet to be seen, but my tuner has seen as much as a 20rwhp peak increase with minimal loss of torque down low...on the flip side you will have to get a new matching mid section with the LT's (ive got a good hookup though if you're interested)...