PDA

View Full Version : MGW shifter & shift stops?

BlueOvalPower
08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I am going to be installing the MGW shifter and I was wondering the instructions state that with the T56 shift stops are not needed, anyone using this shifter are you using the stops or not is there a benefit to using them? I do not road race or anything all street driving thanks.

iceman412
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I recommend not using the stops as MGW states. I have their shifter in both of Stangs, one GT and one SC Cobra. In both I do not use the stops. Just run the adjusters all the way flush to the inside and tighten the jamnuts. There is no advantage to using them either. If you did decide to, they must be adjusted perfectly, if not, you could damage the tranny.....

blk04cobra1
08-08-2005, 12:21 PM
The T56 has built in stops, therefore they are not needed...I am running mine in there b/c i did not know this until after I installed mine and havent taken them out, just make sure you pull them out enough so it goes in to gear all the way :thumbsup:

BlueOvalPower
08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
That sounds good to me looks to be a quick swap, I am looking forward to it, now the exhaust is here time to get ready for that it all looks just as straight forward :thumbsup: thanks

Robert

Cobra4me
08-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I think the instructions state that you should completely take out the stops on shifter if not being used

BlueOvalPower
08-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks, I did remove the stops, and what a difference tight short shifts very nice, next is the exhaust!

kilroy
08-09-2005, 04:12 PM
I stood right beside George as he explained to us that the nice folks at Tremec actually prefer no stops be installed. He installed this shifter into my neighbor's 10th... only later to be removed & installed into mine. His wife didn't care for the short throw. My gain. One man's trash another man's treasure.
:thumbsup: