PDA

View Full Version : SC pully puller needed

iceman412
08-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Is anyone is out there that has a supercharger pulley puller? I'm wanting to install the SVT Lightning pulley on my ride and am trying to prevent myself from buying one. I'm willing to pay all freight charges to and from and promise to take good care of the tool. I live in Ashburn, Va. Thanks!!!! :)

Dave B.
08-09-2005, 12:12 AM
I dont know whos pulley your trying to take off but please let me share the nightmare that almost happened to us, we had one the RPMOUTLET tools, and we had a Billetflow tool,

I had the Billetflow one sent and if I used it was going to cost me $50 as thats what you can have them send it to you for as a rental, but we thought we could just the Motoblue 2.80 pulley off with RPMOUTLETS tool, but it would have never ever held up, we bent the 2.80 pulley as it was machined improperly and we had to keep rotating it for a long long time, after we finaly got it off, we had to fix the threads in the end of the shaft,

Bottom line,,,,if we did not have the Billetflow tool,,,,I dont think we would have gotten it off.

dewone
08-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Try a clam shell puller if there's room, that should prevent damage.

iceman412
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
:) Thanks for the info! I'll try Billetflow and see how it works!!!