PDA

View Full Version : help! mod choices

svtmc-g
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey peeps. I'm ordering my JLT CAI soon. I'm also wanting to get either a UPR(can't afford anything else) off road x pipe or the MGW shifter. which would be more beneficial? I was thinking the x-pipe and the CAI would be a nice first mod in conjunction with one another. I shift fine with the stock shifter and will replace it with the MGW eventually. What do you think?
Matt

InfamousSVT
08-09-2005, 04:08 AM
I say if you are comfortable with the stock shifter for now and can live with it, purcahse the intake and X-pipe. Those two will compliment one another greatly in hp increases. But if you are just settling for the UPR x-pipe, I would recommend you purchase the shifter and save up for the x-pipe you really want.

I've purchased things because I didn't want to wait for the one I really wanted and it has kicked me in the @ss down the road.

ausie
08-09-2005, 06:39 AM
sounds like a good plan InfamousSVT!

I would wait until you have the cash for the parts you want rather than settle for something that may not suit your desires. Many times parts are derivatives from something that has been proven but lack the testing and reliability issues. If the manufacturer really stands by their product then it is worth it. Not all x-pipes are created equals. The same goes for CAI kits. JLT seems to have a good following. As for the x-pipe, Bassani gets my vote, that would be the one I would buy.

svtmc-g
08-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Cool. It's not that I'm settling for the UPR xpipe. THEY have good things to say(of course)about it. Best fitting, and it's a true x not the one that has the square chamber. I REALLY want Bassani x-pipe with SLP loudmouth cat-back! :headbang: But thats cash I may not have for a while. I'll just go with the JLT for now. It's the cai i really want. The times i wish i lived with mom and dad still ....or not being in debt so far! :( It would be mod-mania at my house!! :burnout: Thanks for the advice gents!
Matt

Why Try?
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Do CAI and Shifter then get some springs to bring that 4x4 down then save up for exhaust :thumbsup:

AirForce1
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree because if you speend your money on a part that you would eventually replace, Because it is not what you wanted in the first place. I know i have the mgw shifter and it is great. :thumbsup: