PDA

View Full Version : AI and AIX Labor Day Weekend?

GeoSnake
08-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I heard that AI was going to be at VIR Labor Day weekend. Is this so?

justagt
08-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I heard that AI was going to be at VIR Labor Day weekend. Is this so?

That is correct. AI/X and CMC will all be running there during the Stock Car Spectacular weekend that VIR hosts.

b_tone
08-11-2005, 10:02 AM
That is correct. AI/X and CMC will all be running there during the Stock Car Spectacular weekend that VIR hosts.

Is it also true that this will be the largest gathering of AI/CMC cars the east has ever seen?

At least that is what the email i got said. That means there will be 33 cars running in AI/CMC. That's a big number to pull considering the OH/IN region has a points race up at BeaveRun.

Where are all the cars coming from? Curious minds want to know..... :)

SIUNARA
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Sounds more like curious minds just want to start sh!t.

BobKaser#90
08-11-2005, 03:12 PM
I'll be making the trip to ViR, anyone know if I'll be ok w/ 3.27 rear gears? I really wouldn't want to use 5th cause its the stock .68 gear.

just out of curiousity, why are you always trying to knock AI, Brian?

b_tone
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM

Don, I think it's a valid question. Sometimes I think you are blinded by all the smoke and mirrors.

Here are the facts.

In 2003 there were 35 cars registered for the VIR event, 34 took the green flag for the first race (1 blew an engine).

In order to have the largest AI/CMC field there needs to be at least 35 cars on the grid for the first race.

Knowing that the OH/IN region is having a points race at BeaveRun that same weekend and there is still an opportunity for at least 4 cars to win that championship I would not count on any of them to show up.

Reviewing the finishing results for the entire year in both the Mid Atlantic and the SE regions I don't see 35 cars.

The email sent out clearly stated they expect to have the largest AI/CMC field EVER.

The organizers are trying to draw cars (as they should) but the mistake is telling people that they should come down to VIR (which is a long haul for many racers, especially on this short of a notice) to run in the largest AI/CMC field ever. My question is a valid one: Where are all these cars coming from?

If I really thought there would be 35 cars down there I may be tempted to bring out my little old 93 (well new and improved actually or send another driver in it) to see how it does against the top AI cars. Speaking of AI cars, I realize that this event is a large gathering for the CMC crowd but that is not what I am interested in. I have an AI car so the CMC count does not matter to me in the least.

Before you go off about me simply starting **** go back and ask yourself where the cars are coming from. If you can objectively answer that question than I applaud you as I cannot.

I await your response and reasoning.

------------------------------------------------
this is what happened to Don in this post: :spanked:

:)

b_tone
08-11-2005, 03:43 PM
I'll be making the trip to ViR, anyone know if I'll be ok w/ 3.27 rear gears? I really wouldn't want to use 5th cause its the stock .68 gear.

just out of curiousity, why are you always trying to knock AI, Brian?

Depending on RPM you may or may not be okay with 3.27's.

In the #26 car we were running right around 152 in 5th gear and 3.55's.

You'll need 6500rpm in 4th gear to hit 150 with 3.27's.

Of course this is assuming you'll have the power and exit speed from oaktree to get up that fast.

You'll be close to having to shift into 5th with the 3.27's.

Bob, don't get me wrong I am not knocking AI, I am simply asking questions of the things that don't seem to add up. In fact there is a good chance you'll be running against me at somepoint next year, if you come up to the midwest.

bpt

BobKaser#90
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
ok, so thanks for the info, now I feel like it won't be too bad w/ the 3.27s. I was just worried that I would have to be well into 5th. I turn about 6300rpm anyway and the chip is a 6400 chip so if it is really close I can just pull the chip out.

I have already raced w/ you Brian at Mid-O last year, and I thought there were more than 35 cars in AI/X at that "AI Convention". I seem to remember 28 cars in AI alone. I was 5th on sat. and had a blast at that track even though it was my first time there.

ohh and I'd be heading out to the mid west not up, as I'm from N.Y. I know you AI guys all think that road racing started w/ AI but I actually been racing a mustang alot longer than AI has been around.

b_tone
08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
According to the results there were 25 at MO.

ohh and I'd be heading out to the mid west not up, as I'm from N.Y. I know you AI guys all think that road racing started w/ AI but I actually been racing a mustang alot longer than AI has been around.

so have I, way back to the SSGT days......

SIUNARA
08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for confirming my original thought Tone.

As for your signature...it's funny...but kinda second rate...you're probably used to that by now though.

johnbasf
08-11-2005, 05:48 PM

As for your signature...it's funny...but kinda second rate...you're probably used to that by now though.

So Don, are you going to attack Brian or answer his question. The race results from NASA SE and MA don't show a lot of cars.

It should be a great weekend for the 3 guys in contention for the "AI EAST" crown. Watch out for Bob that weekend. One more thing, hood pins Bob. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER::: This is not a slam against NASA. I'm out and really don't care either way. I wish my buddies good luck.

b_tone
08-11-2005, 08:58 PM

Don, i am sorry that you are so snowballed. It's more sad than funny, truly like a lemming running blindly towards the cliff because you either don't have the capability of free thinking or you are simply mystified by the great orator leader you bow down to.

As far as being second rate, that's an opinion but anytime you want to run in the same car at the same venue (you or your croonies) let me know and we'll see.

Until you come out to play with the big boys you may want to watch what you say because many many people have been known to talk a big game but deliver on nothing.....read some of my above posts for info on that.

Good luck with whatever you do.

bpt

FCorkran
08-12-2005, 01:30 AM
so have I, way back to the SSGT days......The #23 Arrow Mustang?

justagt
08-12-2005, 08:26 AM
The email sent out clearly stated they expect to have the largest AI/CMC field EVER.

Then ask the person that sent the email instead of coming on here and ****ing up a post that was about asking a simply question. Speaking of wool, it must mean life if perfect in AV8 land, huh? Hmm, no wonder people have the perception of you posting to stir up trouble.

b_tone
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Then ask the person that sent the email instead of coming on here and ****ing up a post that was about asking a simply question. Speaking of wool, it must mean life if perfect in AV8 land, huh? Hmm, no wonder people have the perception of you posting to stir up trouble.

Hey there chief, the email was originally sent by Kent (apparently the CMC East director) but was then resent to the AI midwest/ east yahoo lists by Mr. Pantas. That gives the email and it's content validity as he is a regional director. Is that an accurate statement?

Concerning AV8SS, well it's not perfect and I have never said it was. Every series has it's own issues. The important thing is how the organizers handle those issues.

We don't have to get into details here but you and I have spoken about the issues with AI and how they could/should be resolved. That was well over a year ago. Has any progress been made?

Will you know in your heart of hearts that everything is still the same as it was when we talked on the phone so many months ago. I know that you and BS would have liked to have changed it but do you still think it's possible?

I wished that AI could have grown into what we all thought it was going to be 3 years ago, but at this time I don't think it can recover.

justagt
08-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Hey there, co-driver of the 29,

Yes, we have talked and I do certainly feel like progress is being made. I am realizing just how much work is involved in a 'hobby' and also how long some things take. As far as discussing them with you, I don't feel like you have any true positive feelings towards this series and therefore, I don't feel compelled to discuss ongoing things with you, especially in a forum. I think ALL series then to make 'excited' claims and comments, not just AI. As far as the comments about Labor Day, again, ask the people that made the comment. All I did here was answer a guy's question.

Again, I am not going to play 'tag, you're it' with you in a forum.

BTW, congrats on the marriage. I have $5 that says you were at a racetrack at some point on the honeymoon.

b_tone
08-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey there, co-driver of the 29,

Yes, we have talked and I do certainly feel like progress is being made. I am realizing just how much work is involved in a 'hobby' and also how long some things take. As far as discussing them with you, I don't feel like you have any true positive feelings towards this series and therefore, I don't feel compelled to discuss ongoing things with you, especially in a forum. I think ALL series then to make 'excited' claims and comments, not just AI. As far as the comments about Labor Day, again, ask the people that made the comment. All I did here was answer a guy's question.

Again, I am not going to play 'tag, you're it' with you in a forum.

BTW, congrats on the marriage. I have $5 that says you were at a racetrack at some point on the honeymoon.

Give your $5 to pearson he'll get it to me, I was racing at BR 6 days after the marriage.

If you think that I want AI to sink you're wrong, I simply don't see how it will flourish in it's current state yet I continue to hear/read how it's doing great. That is what chaps my ass then again I am a realist.

Be a man, call me to discuss this and perhaps you'll sway my thoughts.

The ball is in your court, no more tag just a request.

bpt

SIUNARA
08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Pearson,

I find it interesting you viewed my post as attack on Brian. It was nothing of the sort. Brian has a way of making things personal, so heís getting it right back. No harm, no foul, all in good fun. ;)

Iím not going to get into a discussion of AI/AV8SS on here. My opinion is that he gets on here to start sh!t so everyone can read about it. I believe he is still holding on to some frustration and anger over how things have gone down in AI in the past. If he were truly concerned about car counts, emails, or what have you, heíd be making phone calls and not posting his concerns in a Cobra club forum. Brian likes to stir the pot, and I can respect that, what I donít respect is how he does it.

Tone,

You honestly have no clue what my thoughts are on AI/AV8SS or anything else for that matter. You say Iím blinded by the smoke and mirrors, because you ASSume that I prefer AI over any other series and that I bow down to its leaders. Like I cautioned you about throwing stones in glass houses, Iíll caution you about making ASSumptions and then spouting about the mouth like you know how I feel and think about things. When you want to know what I think about AI/AV8SS or anything else, call me and weíll chat so I can set your mind straight. Donít make assumptions and then get personal like you are the all knowing god of how other people think. You are actually clueless in this circumstance.

I stand behind my earlier statement that I believe you come on here to start sh!t. I find it interesting that the same person that got all in an uproar about me speaking my opinion (on this very website) about AI a few years back gave you a sportsmanship award when you get on here time after time to stir the pot. I was told that I need to confront people directly if I have an issue and that I shouldnít post my opinion on a web board. My if this isnít the ultimate irony.

As for your little challengeÖanytime son. I will admit that youíve got way more seat time than I do in a track prepared car, but Iíd have it out with you anytime. To truly test our skills it should be a multiple event format, including an autox, track day, street driving, driving in the snow, off road driving, etc. That is really the only way to test who is the better driver. Anyone can get lucky once around the track.

Cheers,
Don

johnbasf
08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Don,

How's this not an attack? You said this in your post above, Iíll caution you about making ASSumptions and then spouting about the mouth like you know how I feel and think about things. How can you say he was trying to stir the pot? I myself wonder where the 35+ cars are coming from. Tone has a good question considering the car count in MA and SE.

I hope they have a great turnout that weekend. If I'm not mistaken there will be a "AI East" champion after that race? Good luck to the 3 people in the running.

b_tone
08-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Don, go back and read my original question, where are the cars coming from? It's a very simple question, and it should have a simple answer. You took the first shot in this thread, not I. If you can't see that then there is no point in moving forward.

On the matter of your respect for me, I could care less.

On the matter of your thoughts on AI vs AV8SS, I could care less.

On the matter of your thought that I am only stiring the pot rather than actually interested to know where the cars are coming from, you are wrong. I don't want to start anything with anyone I simply want to know where the organizers think 35 cars are going to come from in light of the OH/IN region also having a 3 day points race weekend. Again, a valid question.

Don't think for one second that i would not be questioning any other organization if they were making similar claims, but they have not.

On the matter of a sportsmanship award, it was soley based on how I conduct myself behind the wheel of the car in the racing environment on the day it was awarded, something which you know nothing of not being a racer.

On the matter of me being lucky once around a track, apparently I get lucky very very often when on track, and my luck has been consistent for the past 20 years of my life that I have been involved in one form of racing or another. With that type of history it is safe to say that skill/ability has much more to do with it than luck.

Perhaps if I am able to get down to CMP we can actually bring this little benchrace to fruition.....

To Mr. Sadler, I have asked the question to both the original writer of the email as well as the relayer of the email, there has yet to be a response.

At this point the usefullness of this particular discussion has run it's course and I bid you adieu and good luck.

johnbasf
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
fruition :rotf:

inside funny.......

BobKaser#90
08-13-2005, 02:16 PM
this is right off the Mid-Atlantic site:

"This race represents the last of the American Iron East Coast Championship races and it is hotly contested between Beau Dunnivant and Bryan Shugg."

Damm, even after what I thought was a good run in the snow at Mid-Ohio, and a win in the last race, I still don't even rate:( .

johnbasf
08-13-2005, 10:46 PM
this is right off the Mid-Atlantic site:

"This race represents the last of the American Iron East Coast Championship races and it is hotly contested between Beau Dunnivant and Bryan Shugg."

Damm, even after what I thought was a good run in the snow at Mid-Ohio, and a win in the last race, I still don't even rate:( .

What are the points Bob?? I think they left you out because you didn't do the "3" regional races. If you never intended do any regional events you were never in the running for the "AIECC".

mwilson7
08-14-2005, 04:02 PM
I'd like to know where the 35 cars are going to come from as well and as Mr Pantas posts here it seems like as good of a place as any to hear where the cars are coming from.

Is that stiring the pot? :doubt:

BobKaser#90
08-14-2005, 11:39 PM
What are the points Bob?? I think they left you out because you didn't do the "3" regional races. If you never intended do any regional events you were never in the running for the "AIECC".yea, I guess that may be the case. As far as the points go, I'm not sure, but if I was to guess I would say they are real close. I guess I'm not in the running for the AIECC, though.

justagt
08-15-2005, 11:17 AM
yea, I guess that may be the case. As far as the points go, I'm not sure, but if I was to guess I would say they are real close. I guess I'm not in the running for the AIECC, though.

Bob, the points are close and you are very much in the AIECC. I look forward to seeing you at VIR. Although it is entertaining, try not to pay too much attention to the peanut gallery. Some of them pride themselves on creating problems.

BT, since you mentioned it, there isn't a reason to expect a call. Sorry, I thought I had made that point before.

b_tone
08-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Bob, the points are close and you are very much in the AIECC. I look forward to seeing you at VIR. Although it is entertaining, try not to pay too much attention to the peanut gallery. Some of them pride themselves on creating problems.

BT, since you mentioned it, there isn't a reason to expect a call. Sorry, I thought I had made that point before.

Good luck with solving any of the issues. I'll call you in a year to see how it's coming.

Bob - did you notice this statement in the rules:

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY:For the inaugural year, the AIECC's racers will need to participate in at least 3 race weekends within their local region. The AIECC weekends do not count towards this requirement. Thus, the maximum numbers of weekends needed to win the AIECC will be 7 weekends (4 AIECC weekends 3 regional weekends). The intent of this requirement is to make certain that the AIECC will not detract from the regional event weekends, ensuring that regional participants (those not competing in the AIECC) will still have healthy fields.
The AIECC is open to any NASA-licensed racer entering a car that meets the 2005 CMC, AI, AIX, or AIV rules. Regional participants are not excluded from participating in AIECC races, as most of the AIECC races will be held during normal regional event weekends.

I sincerely hope that you ran the required 3 additional weekends that were outside of the AIECC weekends. It would be a damn shame for you to have put in all that work/effort/expense and have it count for nothing because of that 3 regional race requirement.

Will -- is that phrasing correct saying that the maximum number of weekends is 7? Shouldn't that read Minimum since you are required to run 3 regional and 4 AIECC events? Unless I am thinking about it wrong or misreading it I can't see how the minimum number is 7. Something to think about for next year while in addition to solving other problems.

Also, can you explain to me the process of who is responsible for tech questions. I know there is still a guy calling himself the national tech director and a guy calling himself the OH/IN & Midwest Tech Director. Are any of them empowered to answer construction/legality issues?

Thanks a bunch for the information as it will really help during the rebuild of a small project that I have going on right now.

Hope to see you next spring at the track!

justagt
08-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Also, can you explain to me the process of who is responsible for tech questions. I know there is still a guy calling himself the national tech director and a guy calling himself the OH/IN & Midwest Tech Director. Are any of them empowered to answer construction/legality issues?

Ask them, not me. I do not and have not claimed to big the big decision maker. I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions about contruction, legality, frame notching, etc.

b_tone
08-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Ask them, not me. I do not and have not claimed to big the big decision maker. I am sure they would be happy to answer any questions about contruction, legality, frame notching, etc.

You missed the point of my question, which one would I ask? I asked you since you are an AI Official thinking you would be able to direct me to which of the Tech directors has the authority to answer questions. Oh well it's par for the course.

justagt
08-15-2005, 01:56 PM
You missed the point of my question, which one would I ask? I asked you since you are an AI Official thinking you would be able to direct me to which of the Tech directors has the authority to answer questions. Oh well it's par for the course.

Whatever, Brian. I figured you would know who to ask since you seem to know all. If you need to know anything about the region that I am involved with, then I can point you in the right direction. If not, see you at the track.

b_tone
08-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Whatever, Brian. I figured you would know who to ask since you seem to know all. If you need to know anything about the region that I am involved with, then I can point you in the right direction. If not, see you at the track.

So the regions all run their own interpretation of the rules?

If I knew all I certainly would not need to ask so many questions would I?

By the way, you sound angry, that does not suit your cheery demeanor.

Until the track, Cheers.

justagt
08-15-2005, 02:09 PM
If I knew all I certainly would not need to ask so many questions would I?

I think we all know better than that.

By the way, you sound angry, that does not suit your cheery demeanor.

Sorry to mislead you that way, because I am plenty 'cheery'. But thanks for asking. :D

mwilson7
08-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Could someone at least tell me if this is also consider a Regional Race as well as one of the East Coast Championship races?

cobrabitn
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM
:rolleyes:

johnbasf
08-15-2005, 05:31 PM

So I'm the "peanut gallery"??? Read the rules from your region Mr. Sadler. I was just pointing out was was in black and white.

DRIVER ELIGIBILITY:For the inaugural year, the AIECC's racers will need to participate in at least 3 race weekends within their local region. The AIECC weekends do not count towards this requirement. Thus, the maximum numbers of weekends needed to win the AIECC will be 7 weekends (4 AIECC weekends 3 regional weekends). The intent of this requirement is to make certain that the AIECC will not detract from the regional event weekends, ensuring that regional participants (those not competing in the AIECC) will still have healthy fields.
The AIECC is open to any NASA-licensed racer entering a car that meets the 2005 CMC, AI, AIX, or AIV rules. Regional participants are not excluded from participating in AIECC races, as most of the AIECC races will be held during normal regional event weekends.

I don't think you can draw any other conclusion from this??? It would be great, for Bob, if the directors bent the rules a little. I'm sure all of the guys involved have worked very hard this year. :thumbsup:

justagt
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
:rolleyes:

:moon:

justagt
08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
So I'm the "peanut gallery"??? Read the rules from your region Mr. Sadler. I was just pointing out was was in black and white.

I don't think you can draw any other conclusion from this???

I don't recall mentioning you, Mr. Pearson.

johnbasf
08-15-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't recall mentioning you, Mr. Pearson.

So I took your post out of context? Maybe you guys are doing the same with Tone's post. :D

Big Daddy
08-15-2005, 06:26 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :nope: :nope: :nope:

;) :D

wildhorsesracin
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Mr Pantas posts here

Sorry Mark, I gave up posting here last year, it always ends up in a AI vs av8ss war.

I was racing at BR 6 days after the marriage.

Sounds like premature track-elation! :thumbsup:
(sorry b_tone - couldn't resist)

And yes, we all know (except the noobs) that there is a "peanut gallery" here at the SCMC forums that loves to stir the pot and start sh!t.

<for the record>
American Iron is healthy on the East Coast, and American Iron consists of Camaro-Mustang Challenge, American Iron, American Iron Xtreme and American Iron Vintage. We had an awesome turnout last weekend and some of the best racing I have seen in a long time - I was severely disappointed when I was unable to race with those folks due to a broken clutch cable and no time to fix it. :(
</for the record>

I will return to my normal duties and refrain from posting here anymore - so (b_tone, mwilson7 and johnbasf) don't bother replying to my post as I will not respond.

See you all at Roebling in September!

johnbasf
08-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Jim, when will the results from RA be up? I'm looking for lap times. PM or e-mail if you like.

mwilson7
08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Jim,

So you can't even tell me if the VIR event is a Regional race as well as a East Coast Championship race??? :doubt:

justagt
08-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Jim,

So you can't even tell me if the VIR event is a Regional race as well as a East Coast Championship race??? :doubt:

yes, Mark.

b_tone
08-16-2005, 02:55 PM
<for the record>
We had an awesome turnout last weekend and some of the best racing I have seen in a long time - I was severely disappointed when I was unable to race with those folks due to a broken clutch cable and no time to fix it. :(
</for the record>

I will return to my normal duties and refrain from posting here anymore - so (b_tone, mwilson7 and johnbasf) don't bother replying to my post as I will not respond.

See you all at Roebling in September!

Jim, I simply can't let this one go. It's too easy.

It would seem that the weekend didn't go as great as you are portraying.

After reading this entire thread (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1338679) it would seem that a weekend which includes allegations of attempted murder (not my thoughts but those expressed in the thread), a near riot/gangfight between competitors (which you yourself called a near bloodbath), a botched grid assembly and multiple accounts of poor corner-working is booked as a great weekend. I would call that pandamonium, but I was not there, though many in that other thread were.

That sounds like a hell of a time to me! :thumbsup:

Remember these are not my thoughts but the thoughts of multiple people that were in attendence.

Also, I nor Pearson nor Wilson brought up AV8SS in this thread. Go back and read it again.

Any comments on the alleged fiasco that is being called the Hot-Lanta challenge? :D

Enjoy.

Man thats twice this year that your events have had major SNAFU's.

For the record, I find some of the allegations on the HT thread very ridiculous.

wildhorsesracin
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Jim, I simply can't let this one go. It's too easy.

It would seem that the weekend didn't go as great as you are portraying.

Brian, you are right again! How do you do it? :eek: :rolleyes: You're bride must be very proud of her new hubby-genius! :thumbsup:

Man thats twice this year that your events have had major SNAFU's.

For the record, I find some of the allegations on the HT thread very ridiculous.

Whenever you have events the size we have, with fields of 50+ cars racing and mixed classes there are going to be some issues and/or growing pains. If you read the entire thread you'll see that the event overall got kudos despite the actions of a few 'bad apples' on saturday. Anyone can have events with 10+ cars and not have any issues, how hard is that? But 10+ cars racing is not nearly as much fun as 50+ cars racing on track at the same time :thumbsup: and as a spectator it was awesome watching 50+ cars all head into T1 at Road Atlanta!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The RA cornerworkers voted to have 4 Thunder races every weekend, they thought the on track racing was awesome to watch! I am sure that Labor Weekend at VIR will probably provide the same thrill and excitement for the racers and spectators! :thumbsup:

b_tone
08-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Brian, you are right again! How do you do it? :eek: :rolleyes: You're bride must be very proud of her new hubby-genius! :thumbsup:

Whenever you have events the size we have, with fields of 50+ cars racing and mixed classes there are going to be some issues and/or growing pains. If you read the entire thread you'll see that the event overall got kudos despite the actions of a few 'bad apples' on saturday. Anyone can have events with 10+ cars and not have any issues, how hard is that? But 10+ cars racing is not nearly as much fun as 50+ cars racing on track at the same time :thumbsup: and as a spectator it was awesome watching 50+ cars all head into T1 at Road Atlanta!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The RA cornerworkers voted to have 4 Thunder races every weekend, they thought the on track racing was awesome to watch! I am sure that Labor Weekend at VIR will probably provide the same thrill and excitement for the racers and spectators! :thumbsup:

Wow, I must have really hit a sore spot with you considering that a few posts above you said:

Oh well. I did read the entire thread and if you truly think that you came out of that one smelling like a rose it explains quite a bit.

As far as your field of 50+ cars, you should go back and look at the results, there were only 38 that ran in the thunder race on sunday.

Regarding fun in a 50+ car field, it would seem according to that HT thread that those involved in that 50+ car field didn't have much fun. They thought the speed differential was too large and that it was generally a bad idea.

I am mystified as to what the world looks like through your eyes, though it's damn entertaining to read about it.

wildhorsesracin
08-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Brian, you are sooo right AGAIN! WOW! I am truly mystified with your genius. :eek: :eek:

I did get my groups mixed up - 38 cars in Thunder, 59 cars in Blitz. 38 cars is still a LOT more fun than 10+, and yes we will be much more careful about mixing HC with AI cars, there are too many differences in speed & handling.

And you are so right about me wasting any more time posting in a forum where such geniuses reside, you are definitely way out of my league. I will follow my own instructions and cease from posting anymore so as to not let you have such an easy target.

Adios!

b_tone
08-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Brian, you are sooo right AGAIN! WOW! I am truly mystified with your genius. :eek: :eek:

I did get my groups mixed up - 38 cars in Thunder, 59 cars in Blitz. 38 cars is still a LOT more fun than 10+, and yes we will be much more careful about mixing HC with AI cars, there are too many differences in speed & handling.

And you are so right about me wasting any more time posting in a forum where such geniuses reside, you are definitely way out of my league. I will follow my own instructions and cease from posting anymore so as to not let you have such an easy target.

Adios!

Yawn.....Jim you simply don't understand. Oh well.

I wish you the best of luck.

Dean95CobraR
08-17-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smilies/lurk.gif

Dang, more drama than any movie I've see lately. :D

wreckm
08-21-2005, 07:38 PM
I just had to take a break from chasing the sheep to ask Jim if he had his 20k spectators at the Snowshoe Hillclimb last year?I guess sometimes people make the wrong ASSumptions sometimes.

Dean95CobraR
08-21-2005, 09:18 PM
I just had to take a break from chasing the sheep to ask Jim if he had his 20k spectators at the Snowshoe Hillclimb last year?I guess sometimes people make the wrong ASSumptions sometimes.

Should we make some ASSumptions on why you are chasing sheep?!? :D ;)

wreckm
08-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Should we make some ASSumptions on why you are chasing sheep?!? :D ;)
It seems Jim and Chris know! Water under the bridge though. 20k turned into 2 hundred though, but hey we all make mistakes. Hey Dean the car looks great. What became of the old car?

Dean95CobraR
08-22-2005, 01:29 PM
It seems Jim and Chris know! Water under the bridge though. 20k turned into 2 hundred though, but hey we all make mistakes. Hey Dean the car looks great. What became of the old car?

Thanks Jay. After the little fender bender at Mid Ohio last year, (see pic), I saved the whole drivetrain for this car and sold all the Griggs stuff. I believe I got about $22 for the rest of the car from the scrap yard. :(

http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/2004_08_NASA_Mid_Ohio/images/IMG_3876.JPG

johnbasf
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks Jay. After the little fender bender at Mid Ohio last year, (see pic), I saved the whole drivetrain for this car and sold all the Griggs stuff. I believe I got about $22 for the rest of the car from the scrap yard. :(

http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/2004_08_NASA_Mid_Ohio/images/IMG_3876.JPG

Ouch.... :eek:

johnbasf
08-23-2005, 05:42 PM
I would like to thank Jim Pantas for this personal attack on the honda tech forum.

Folks, let me introduce you to John Pearson, he is a regular poster at http://www.svtcobraclub.com - he is well known over there as a NASA & American Iron basher and a vocal proponent for http://www.av8ss.com. I thought it was only fair to explain his agenda since internet forums are such great places to post BS and remain semi-anonymous.

Here is the thread. I really don't see what I did to upset Jim? http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1338679

mwilson7
08-23-2005, 06:18 PM
John,

I wouldn't let posts like that bother you. Jim's actions speak much louder than his words and based on Jim's response's it appears that the Honda guys understand exactly what's going on......

etm63
08-24-2005, 09:17 AM
PLEASE, can we be done with this? :o

Thanks.
Ed

Big Daddy
08-24-2005, 12:54 PM

Thanks.
Ed

THAT WOULD BE NICE! ;)

I bet you wish you hadn't started this thread Brad! :eek: :eek: :rotf:

johnbasf
08-24-2005, 03:54 PM

Thanks.
Ed

Ed, did you read the post I made on the "hond-tech" site? I was passing along info from Lester to the guys bashing him. I didn't say anything negative about NASA, AI or the corner workers. I really felt for Jim in that thread because I organize events for our club. There is no way he should have done what he did to me on that board.

Why this :o ???