PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with "Overhauling"

Cobra4me
08-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Watched the last part of this weeks Overhauling. I could not believe they where working on a damn Honda. It seems to me that the show is going downhill when they have to resort to overhauling a Honda. Chip Foose a man with all that talent should continue to spend his time and this show with american muscle. There is alot of classic muscle cars out there that could use some TLC from the great Foose. What do you think

InfamousSVT
08-12-2005, 02:08 AM
I try to watch that show when I can, but working 3rd does't help me any.
I need to get a DVR and just record them all. Foose does some great things with those Hot Rods! :thumbsup:
The guy from Boyds shop got fired for making wheel designs for Foose...........or something like that.

nckissfan
08-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I did not see that episode with the Honda. Chip Foose is awesome. Didn't he used to work for Boyd? What I like about that show is they don't dramatize it. They just build sweet cars:thumbsup:

svtmc-g
08-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah, Chip and Boyd were partners and Boyd found out his paint and body man(Charlie)took a 6 month offer for work from Foose and Boyd went coo coo. Apparently Boyd says Chip screwed him over...but we all know Boyd's an ass bag. Way too hard on his peoples(think I watch enough shows involving cars???haha) He told Charlie to never come back.

HONDA'S???? What the hell? :thumbdwn: Thats very sad. Maybe he's doing Honda a favor and dropping a rightous, blown 454 in it!!haha Could you imagine a civic hatchback with a big stinkin blower standing proud out of the hood!!!

I'm with ya on the 3rd's Infamous. It's good for truck drivers like me though. No lame drivers to aggrevate you! :thumbsup:
Matt

ausie
08-13-2005, 11:25 AM
I saw part of it, but thought I stumbled on "Pimp My Ride", I did not care much to see what happens to a honda, Although, he should have taken it to a car crusher. It would have been a great show hearing Foose say "sorry Tim, this is what I think of your car" as he activates the hydrollics for the crusher.

Overhaulin is a good show.

nckissfan
08-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Boyd probably isn't as big of an ass as he seems on tv. I think a lot of that is over dramatized to give the average viewer something to laugh at.

svtmc-g
08-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I agree. They DEFINATELY do that. I think he's an assbag for the simple fact that his deadlines are rediculous. I mean, I'd LOVE to work there and build great cars but when you speak about not seeing your kids for the sake of a car build with a terrible deadline 'cause your boss is nuts with his promises to customers? funk that "hey guys, we have x amount of time, I know it's not enough but oh well, that's what i promised" yikes
Matt

nckissfan
08-13-2005, 12:04 PM
those shows are funny. I wonder if the "deadlines" are real. It always seems like they are pinched for time. Same with American Chopper. That, also, could be an element to get you to watch, and see if they make the deadline.

ausie
08-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately that happens all the time where I work, but not as dramatic as the shows. The last crunch time I was faced with was right before the 4th of July weekend. Talk about push and shove (forced to give up my vacation time which I planned to go down to Myrtle Beach that week, I guess keeping my job was more important). I had finnished the final details of the software (last minute testing routines to bypass all the timming delays). Three of us stayed till 1:30am to complete the surface mount assemblies, did the programming, the following day they completed the assemblies, tested and packed them up and shipped them so the units would meet me in Arizona on the 5th. It kept our customer happy, also kept us in the works for future projects. The following work afterwards (what I am working on now) is filling a patent on the design ( I borrowed it from another design I was working on but decided to get it into production sooner than expected). If we had failed to meet the requirements we would have lost over half of our sales.

Rick@Amazon
08-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I've met and talked to them both. Boyd and his wife are very nice. Seems real serious and to the point. Chip on the other hand is exactly the way he is on TV. He's very funny and likes to have fun. He is extremely talented from designing to to painting. Courtny and Chris are really cool too. Talk with them at SEMA this year. I'll find some pics I have and post them.

Rick

svtmc-g
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
sveeten. Yah