PDA

View Full Version : FRPP Black Blower Upgrade.

kilroy
08-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Goodbye warranty, hello motoring bliss!

My thanks to Rick & Linn Erdman for yet another positive modding experience. Rick finally found the time to do a major upgrade & boy did he deliver!

Hardware includes:
FRPP upgrade (2.3 Whipple)
60 lb'ers
SCT MAF
SCT chip
Accufab TB
KB B-A-P
RR 3.20"

The A/F is literally a flatline & very safe. We drove around datalogging & I have to say Rick has nerves of steel datalogging while I tried in vain to find open road to put the hammer down. Several aborted hwy runs later we drove out by Rick's house where I finally lay into it. :bugeyes: OMG!!! His neighbors surely called the cops.

A few more WOT blasts & normal driving have Rick very happy with all the data he's seeing/collecting. Ginger flat gets it now & still retains perfect daily driver manners. We'll get numbers when the dyno becomes operational but that'll be gravy. I will have to adjust how I drive Ginger at the track & LOWER my Raptor's shift light a few hundred rpm. Granny shifting at my 6200 preset the datalogged actually showed the shifts occuring at 6441+. She revs like there's no tomorow. It all happens that quick. So quick in fact that I did not have time to look down at the boost guage - Rick did. 15.5-16PSI. :spimpin:

I still have to finish up the wire routing for the B-A-P but I'll get that in the AM. I'll get pics up as soon as possible. (may take a few days)

Kudos to Rick :cheers:

Rodo
08-13-2005, 08:51 AM
:cool: Congratulations on the new mods!!! Sounds like fun, I think I am getting jelous:D

spitfire
08-13-2005, 04:13 PM
WOW, that sounds great! Can't wait to see the photos, and the Dyno Results, I am getting 16psi on my stock eaton, but It is maxed out. I have the Cog pulley system so it really spins it fast. But I am very sure your whipple will produce a whole lot more power at 16psi than mine does. Also I am sure it is cooler as well! Hurry up and dyno, you got me curious! Congratulations! :eek: :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
08-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Sweet Kilroy.........Since Amazon has been in town seems like many cars are going under the knife :D

kilroy
08-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks, everyone!

A few snaps of the finished product...

InfamousSVT
08-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Pretty :drool: :drool: :drool:

kilroy
01-23-2006, 11:48 AM
been a long time coming - but Saturday I finally got to strap down Ginger. There were some clearance issues with my pipes so no trunk monkeys could be utilized to put extra weight over the rear.

Rick lifted around 61-6200 as he felt it & a bud (out back) said the rears were hazing pretty good :burnout:

http://upstatemustangclub.com/verboten/jc/GingerMDdyno.jpgthe MD Dyno had just been calibrated by MD 3-4 weeks ago.

blk04cobra1
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
very nice...15lbs?

mkkrs1
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
FRPP (whipple) ? is that Ford Racing Performance Parts

kilroy
01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes, to both. The vac/boost gauge reads 15-15.5psi with the RR 3.20" upper.

InfamousSVT
01-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, to both. The vac/boost gauge reads 15-15.5psi with the RR 3.20" upper.
Great numbers James, I guess after I get mine back I'll be heading down to Amazon to get it tuned:D ...............I'm also going to lower my boost. Currently running 19lbs, going to bring it down to around 17/18psi:thumbsup:

So did he have to change the tune at all or was it good? What kind of timing did he has in there and what was your A/F?

kilroy
01-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Great numbers James, I guess after I get mine back I'll be heading down to Amazon to get it tuned:D ...............I'm also going to lower my boost. Currently running 19lbs, going to bring it down to around 17/18psi:thumbsup:

So did he have to change the tune at all or was it good? What kind of timing did he has in there and what was your A/F?It was a dyno day Jason - not a tuning day. With 22 cars in the lineup, all the datalogging equipment was not being used due to time constraints. Rick offered the FJO wideband to check A/F but since it wasn't integrated into the MD it wouldn't have shown up on the graph - I passed. When the car was tuned & logged it was a perfect 14.7 at idle & cruising & 11.5->11.2 @ W.O.T. You'll wanna ask Rick the particulars on his tuning - there's always more than one way to skin a cat & I wouldn't wanna misrepresent what he's done. You all know that Ginger is my daily driver & I track her every other month or two. The tune is safe for what I do & on the 93 pump gas I use :thumbsup: Rick was telling me today he figures it's around 6-610rwhp. He suggested bringing the ETs along for the ride next time to make a full pull...

After the February Drag Day I'll be swapping pulleys to get up to 17-18psi or so for the Peach State FFW Nat's (True Street). Gonna make print if nothing breaks, lol.

InfamousSVT
01-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Sweet, I can't wait to get mine finally tuned and squared away. Since I've had the car I have't had a decent dyno graph (real numbers) for it..........well except for the one I got from CPRacing, but I'm not going around telling people that I have an 04 Cobra with a Kenne Bell pushing 401rwhp :rotf: :rotf: