PDA

View Full Version : license plate holder

Cobra4me
08-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Well went to body shop today. True2form. they quoted a price of 475 to fill the holes in my front bumper from the license plate holder. Does that sound reasonable to you guys. It is not an option to put the black license plate holder back on. And the black inserts dont look to good either. They have to remove the bumper etc,etc

Big Daddy
08-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Well went to body shop today. True2form. they quoted a price of 475 to fill the holes in my front bumper from the license plate holder. Does that sound reasonable to you guys. It is not an option to put the black license plate holder back on. And the black inserts dont look to good either. They have to remove the bumper etc,etc

Even the new front bumper cover I put on my '01 has the dimples for the holes. IF it were me I would just put a SCMC license plate in the holder and call it a day! JMHO! :D

nckissfan
08-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Rob, let me ask this paint guy I know here in the Triad. He said he would paint my whole front end for $125, including filling in the holes for my license plate

wvmystichrome
08-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I just saw in another forum, maybe SVT, of a company manufacturing plugs for Cobras and Lightenings. They are painted the factory colors and you just push them in. Really not that expensive. I'll see if I can locate the thread for you. It had pictures and all.

Here's the link: http://www.bumperplugs.com/

and also the thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206536&highlight=bumper+plugs

Cobra4me
08-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I just emailed and called this company. On the website I didn't see my color. And I am not sure if they can match the comp orange. Thanks for the help I will keep you posted on the results

Cobra4me
08-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Rob, let me ask this paint guy I know here in the Triad. He said he would paint my whole front end for $125, including filling in the holes for my license plate thanks let me know what he says.

wvmystichrome
08-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Glad I could help. At least this mind does remember things from time to time. It might be cheaper to get them unpainted and then find someone locally to paint them. It should not cost much. I'm glad my Cobra came from a state where they were not required to put the front plate on before they sold it. They put one on my 90GT and from then til this day it has the holes. I have thought about calling this company to see if they would work for it also. I don't see why it would not.

nckissfan
08-17-2005, 10:25 PM
that looks like a good company, and they are based in Charlotte. I have a email into them about the Pacific Green color.

nckissfan
08-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I talked with Eric, at Bumper Plugs. He is real nice. Rob, he said he is having a tough time getting a hold of the Competition Orange color to look at it. He has a color similar to Pacific Green. I am going to go check it out one day, when I am in Charlotte. That is a real reasonable price for something like that.

Cobra4me
08-18-2005, 05:46 PM
I talked with Eric, at Bumper Plugs. He is real nice. Rob, he said he is having a tough time getting a hold of the Competition Orange color to look at it. He has a color similar to Pacific Green. I am going to go check it out one day, when I am in Charlotte. That is a real reasonable price for something like that. Yeah he emailed me today, asked if I could come to Charlotte to see if his orange will match. If not it will cost me 99 for a custom paint. That would be high price to pay for bumper plugs. Hey Mike do you know if Ford sells this paint in an aerosol (sp) can?? Also the ride to Charlotte would be about 1 and half hour one way trip I dunno about that

nckissfan
08-18-2005, 06:23 PM
he said his orange was metallic, so, I wouldn't waste the trip. As far as Ford making it in aresol, I don't know. There are a few colors they don't make that way. Pacific Green being one of them. I can only get the small touch up paint. I will ask my wife, she works at a Ford dealer. $99 is high for little plugs. The thing that he said made me want them, if you move to a state that requires them, then you wont have to redrill the holes, and you don't have to paint the area. I still need to ask my buddy that paints here. I will call him tonight.

wvmystichrome
08-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey Robk17th,

See if your local NAPA mixes Dupont paint and can put it in spray cans. I know our local one doesn't but the one about 25 miles away in Logan WV does. he sell a lot of paint that way. He can even do Mystichrome for me but not in base coat, clear coat. So check you local ones there and see. They should be able to match with paint code from your car. Also try www.automotivetouchup.com (http://www.automotivetouchup.com). They have a lot of colors they can do in aerosol paint for cars. I don't have the Competition Orange paint code or I could have already checked for you.

Cobra4me
08-21-2005, 01:03 AM
thanks I checked out the site, it appears that they can mix any clearcoat into a can. Its 1 am now I will check in the door tomorrow and find the paint code for the car