PDA

View Full Version : denied warranty

Cobra4me
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Posted a couple of pics of my rear fenderwells. I took to my local ford dealership. Can you believe that they said it should look like this. It has some form of undercoating and that the orange should show through. wtf is wrong with Ford to tell me this is ordinary. And to add insult to injury the body shop manager got an attitude with me because he thought I was being to picky.

kilroy
08-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Mine's pretty evenly coated. Looks like a "Friday 4:59PM" rusher to me :(

blk04cobra1
08-17-2005, 09:14 PM
you can take some flat black high temp spray paint to that area, just be liberal in your application and it'll look fine...:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
08-17-2005, 10:17 PM
you can take some flat black high temp spray paint to that area, just be liberal in your application and it'll look fine...:thumbsup:
That's what I would do. Mask off the fender lip area and just apply some under coating black hightemp spray to it. It'll look better then new :thumbsup:

jack
08-17-2005, 10:26 PM
The person that i got mine from, traded for a 04. He later called me back wanting to trade his 04 for my 03. Later he told me about the rust under it, from lack of undercoating. The local dealer undercoated it for him at no charge. good luck

cobra330
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
It's funny..as much as we pay for these cars..and the paint and stuff is crap! When I bought mine I started complaining about the paint..and the guy was like well your paying for motor blah blah blah...I said if I am paying $39,000.00 for a motor that damn thing better have next 2000HP! It's that damn EPA crap..not that I don't agree with it but, please Ford..give us a better paint job for a speciality car like this!

1-QIK-SNK
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Posted a couple of pics of my rear fenderwells. I took to my local ford dealership. Can you believe that they said it should look like this. It has some form of undercoating and that the orange should show through. wtf is wrong with Ford to tell me this is ordinary. And to add insult to injury the body shop manager got an attitude with me because he thought I was being to picky.

if it was me i would wipe it down with a degreaser and then spray some rubberized undercoating on it.

good luck with what ever happens

Cobra4me
08-19-2005, 08:31 PM
if it was me i would wipe it down with a degreaser and then spray some rubberized undercoating on it.

good luck with what ever happens update in the pictures I had pretty much cleaned the area. I did use rubberized black undercoating and it now looks good. thanks for the comments and suggestions guys
Robbie K

1-QIK-SNK
08-19-2005, 09:21 PM
update in the pictures I had pretty much cleaned the area. I did use rubberized black undercoating and it now looks good. thanks for the comments and suggestions guys
Robbie K

to bad you couldn't send ford your repair bill.
glad it looks better.

kerry