PDA

View Full Version : Diablo or Not

bluebyu
08-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Hey Everyone, I just recently had BBK long tube headers and a off road shorty h-pipe put on my 98 Cobra. Im thinking about the Diablo Programmer. My other mods are a BBK cold air kit, Steeda underdrive pulleys,4.10 gear,SPEC Stage 2 clutch.blue thunder shifter, 2 chamber flowmasters. To see greater benefits with Diablo do I need to purchase a Accufab Throttle Boby and a new C & L MAF, or can I keep the stockers and see about the same? Another thing, my Check Engine light is on now because the EGR valves didnt line up with the new headers position. The Diablo should take care of this problem right?:)

smashedheadcat
08-19-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't believe there is a part number for the diablo predator for 96-98 cobras.

bluebyu
08-20-2005, 01:52 AM
The guy who installed my headers was Robert Hindman, his shop is close to my house. He said the Diablo people were coming out with 94-98 model very soon. I was wanting everyones input to see if it was worth the $450.00.:)

smashedheadcat
08-20-2005, 01:17 PM
If they are going to release a predator for the 96-98's then it will be a good piece. $450 seems pretty steep for it though. Compared to the price it is for other models. Depending on where you buy it from, you should get a custom tune to go along with it. Then you can use the end user functions and perfect the tune on the dyno. I think with your mods a tuner can help tie everything together, but gains from the tune will be minimal.