PDA

View Full Version : Will I need MIL eliminators?

mojosvt
08-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey ya'll, just a quick question. I already have a SLP loudmouth cat back,and have been running it for about 4 months. I have the car in the shop, welding on some stuff, and thought it would be a good time to install the x-pipe, while the car was in the air. I am installing a catted bassani x-pipe, because these are high-flow cats, will i still need mil eliminators, or can i just hook everything back up stock? I have not yet been under the car, so i am not sure if the length if the cord is going to be an issue? Any tips would be great, thanks a ton everyone!

smashedheadcat
08-19-2005, 11:36 PM
I would hook everything up as stock and go from there. Some cars will show the check engine light, and some will not. If it does show up you can put on MIL eliminators (I have some I can sell you) or you can get the car tuned and have the rear o2 sensors shut off.

SvilleCobra
08-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Hey MOJOSVT...

I had to install MIL elims on my 97 Cobra after installing a BBK X as the check engine light came on immediately after the install. They are cheap though and easy to put in.

When we going to put togther that next Ohio SCMC event? There is an All Mustang show this Sunday at Kreiger Ford in Columbus. I believe I am coming down there...you there?

Mike Redinger

mojosvt
08-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey, I finally moved into my new house, and got married last weekend. So I finally have a little free time, and would like to start setting something up. About this weekend, I am planning on stoping by the ford shop, but my car is still in the shop, getting a tune up. My e-mail is monjot@hotmail.com, just shoot me an e-mail, and maybe we can hook up.

dewone
08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
MOJO they also make extentions for the O2 sensors if they come up short. I just extened the leads without them though so you can go either way. Again if they come up short for the stock connection.
Congrats on the new bride, and home.