PDA

View Full Version : cobraless for a long time

AirForce1
08-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I just took the car to HP to find out what is the problem.

well they found it........

results of the pressure test.
#1.170
#2.170
#3.170
#4.170
#5.150
#6.120 :( :bawling:
#7.165
#8.160

Steve quoted me the following,

$2350 Shortblock includes, JE pistons/rings 17cc dish, ARP main stud, machine work, FM rod.main bearings.

$179 ARP head Studs

$55 FMS oil pump

$289 Gaskets

$279 Billet oil pump gears

$1600 labor

$1195 HP billet cams

$975 Full head porting

$379 Canton RR pan w/wind tray.

so no cobra for a long time.:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

03 cobra toy
08-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Who did your tune???

Sorry to hear about the bad news :(

97CasperCobra
08-19-2005, 03:30 PM
DAMN!!!! sorry to hear that Aaron.

I'll remember to NEVER let you drive my car..... ;)

Firme
08-19-2005, 03:50 PM
:doh2:

:(

cobrapace94
08-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Man that really bites the big one Arron.
You have not had the new mods & tune on very long either. Didn't HP do the tune?
I have no idea on the prices, especially for mod motors. A 5.0 would be 1/2 that price & would make lots of power. Does this include a tune? If not, then add around $500. Might want to PM Leon, he just had lots of work done at Slaters. And might want to give Bryan @ TSS racing a call, he does good work.

The joys of modding a new car (or any car for that matter), = voided warrenty, car with bad motor & empty pockets. If you want to play, you have to pay. Sorry to hear about the motor.
Good luck..

AirForce1
08-19-2005, 04:12 PM
DAMN!!!! sorry to hear that Aaron.

I'll remember to NEVER let you drive my car..... ;)

HAHAHAHA.:rotf: why would i want to drive a cobra that is slower then the one that i am used to? :p

AirForce1
08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Who did your tune???

Sorry to hear about the bad news :(Houston Performance did the tune.

Twice Bitten
08-19-2005, 06:31 PM
HAHAHAHA.:rotf: why would i want to drive a cobra that is slower then the one that i am used to? :p

Then I guess I would never want to drive yours :p :p :p

AirForce1
08-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know someone that would do it for cheeper?

I would help how ever i could, if it would make the labor charge go down and I wouldn't mind the extra experiance. I love to work on cars.

So if any one could let me know that would be grate. :thumbsup:

AirForce1
08-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Then I guess I would never want to drive yours :p :p :p

:chairshot :tongue: :D probebly not :p

Twice Bitten
08-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know someone that would do it for cheeper?

I would help how ever i could, if it would make the labor charge go down and I wouldn't mind the extra experiance. I love to work on cars.

So if any one could let me know that would be grate. :thumbsup:

HP is usually the least expensive for major work. Steve laughed at me when I told him what my Sl'03 put down, then I brought the proof over there when I bought something for the R. My car is still holding together after all the work and many dyno pulls, plus a few late night runs down 249 :D

Twice Bitten
08-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Here is the list of mechanics I would use and the order That I rate them.
1. Nathaniels Performance-slow but do great work, especially custom work.
2.Slayters and Bumberas. Both know there stuff.
3. Houston Performance. Steve sometimes seems disinterested in what he does.
4.Strictly performance. They have a realy good mechanic.

99CobraCrazy
08-19-2005, 09:57 PM
What caused the cylinders to loose compression? TOO MUCH horsepower? :D

Seriously, what would cause something like that? trying to squeeze too much out of it?

bluethunder
08-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Airforce1, What does the tune look like that HP did for you? Do you have a chip or an X-cal II. I'm thinking, ( now This is just my thinking), With the mods you have, the tune might be a little lean up high or just on the boderline in the A/F section. For a motor to loose that much compression on just one bank, is most likely due to not enough fuel and rings burned up. Try loading the factory tune and see if it does anything different. But if you can email the tune the put in your car and I'll take a look at it and see if this was caused by the tune. I think, Like someone else said here, the tune might be trying to get to much out of it for the sake of having big numbers.

Again, this is just my thinking and my $.02, but we here at Bumbera's can try and help ya out if you need.

call me anytime- Joe- 281-250-4365

AirForce1
08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Airforce1, What does the tune look like that HP did for you? Do you have a chip or an X-cal II. I'm thinking, ( now This is just my thinking), With the mods you have, the tune might be a little lean up high or just on the boderline in the A/F section. For a motor to loose that much compression on just one bank, is most likely due to not enough fuel and rings burned up. Try loading the factory tune and see if it does anything different. But if you can email the tune the put in your car and I'll take a look at it and see if this was caused by the tune. I think, Like someone else said here, the tune might be trying to get to much out of it for the sake of having big numbers.

Again, this is just my thinking and my $.02, but we here at Bumbera's can try and help ya out if you need.

call me anytime- Joe- 281-250-4365
Ill call you on monday at lunch time and lets see if we can work things out.

sbc.cobra
08-21-2005, 03:32 PM
sorry to hear about that. good luck and keep us posted.

93KingCobra
08-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear about that Aaron..Hope you get back in the saddle again soon....