Bartman01
08-22-2005, 09:29 AM
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1677058_1,00.html

03 cobra toy
08-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Welcome to reality :p It's just a car :D

Mephisto
08-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Top Gear is the best car review show I have ever seen. You have to respect any show that has the guts guts to conduct a scientific experiment to determine if it is safer to drive drunk or tired.

Firme
08-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Talk about a black eye

jimmysidecarr
08-22-2005, 05:47 PM
All because an AFTERMARKET ALARM SYSTEM... appeared un-fixable :retard: :doh2:

Why not make them remove the alarm?....
And put something else in there.... or nothing at all?

This story has an odor...
Someone supposedly this knowledgeable about cars that he has his own TV show and he can't get an alarm fixed??? WTF???

And then he lemons out the freaking car???

Something does not smell right here!!! :bs:

I think wifey told him it's "her or me" ;)

What the hell kind of retard lemons a car for an AFTERMARKET ALARM???

Let alone a car like that????

:tongue:

I thought this guy was cool..... now I know better... TOOL is more like it...

Jimmy :doubt:

Bartman01
08-23-2005, 01:04 AM
It may be an aftermarket alarm, but it is the aftermarket alarm that is sold as "standard" on the UK version of the car. He unfortuneatly suffered the same fate many of us have, the inabilty of many Ford dealerships to fix a simple problem with our cars.

Imagine picking up your car from the dealership (after having taken it in twice), being assured that yes the problem is fixed now, and then having the same problem re-surface within 5 minutes. If they can't fix a simple alarm issue, would you trust them with anything else?

Levi
08-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Before you go to Ford for service, your better off getting a person from the islands that works for VW to work on your car. :rotf:

Codes
08-23-2005, 06:01 PM
It may be an aftermarket alarm, but it is the aftermarket alarm that is sold as "standard" on the UK version of the car. He unfortuneatly suffered the same fate many of us have, the inabilty of many Ford dealerships to fix a simple problem with our cars.

Imagine picking up your car from the dealership (after having taken it in twice), being assured that yes the problem is fixed now, and then having the same problem re-surface within 5 minutes. If they can't fix a simple alarm issue, would you trust them with anything else?
I agree, I still respect the man and the show for its honesty when it comes to testing cars. I would not feel safe driving a 150+k car if I knew my local dealership couldnt fix it. And if you saw the Top Gear episode, he was excited because he felt he could drive it everywhere and be happy with it. What happens when something major goes out and it comes time to take it to the Ford Dealership to get it fixed...