PDA

View Full Version : Went to TWS Saturday!

LadyCobra01'
08-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Watched and learned and got to ride also!!!!!!! Was a blast! :bounce: I am hooked! Time for Road Course racing mods now!!! lol! I'm ready for Sept 10-11th when I go to Tx Motorsports Ranch!!

Kim

Firme
08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
well, your amongt the right group if you're turning into a open track Junkie. Now I'm wondering why you never came out to our two TWS outings

Are you gonna do the SCMC open track day when we finalize it?

oh and www.maximummotorsports.com ;)

what all do you plan on doing for the suspension? :confused:

03 cobra toy
08-23-2005, 01:38 PM
:rotf: $$$$ :rotf: $$$$ :rotf: $$$$ :rotf: $$$$ :rotf: :thumbsup: :D

97CasperCobra
08-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Hook.....Line.....Sinker. :p

can you say....ROLLCAGE!?!?!?!?!?!? :thumbsup:

Carl G
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
:rotf: $$$$ :rotf: $$$$ :rotf: $$$$ :rotf: $$$$ :rotf: :thumbsup: :D
I can support that statement. Get ready to buy shocks, springs, brembo's, pads, tires, heavyduty radiator, bigger oil pan, swaybars, rollbar. Have I missed anything? It sure is fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

LadyCobra01'
08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I can support that statement. Get ready to buy shocks, springs, brembo's, pads, tires, heavyduty radiator, bigger oil pan, swaybars, rollbar. Have I missed anything? It sure is fun :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

I know! I know!! lol! The list is never ending...Edmond the reason I didn't attend last year was due to the YMR Tx Show. :) I will attend this year to watch, maybe. ;)

Mike, Do not say that word!! Rollcage!! :eek:

I have installed MM CC plates and Steering rack urathan bushings.

97CasperCobra
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
I have installed MM CC plates and Steering rack urathan bushings.

you need MORE!!!

-K-Member brace
-Steeda Front Sway bar
-IRS bracing
-...hell, just go to Maximummotorsports.com and start shopping. :D

.....have I mentioned Roll Cage yet??? :p

LadyCobra01'
08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
you need MORE!!!

-K-Member brace
-Steeda Front Sway bar
-IRS bracing

I know! The mustang I rode in was stripped out!! Rollcage and race seats! I was hollering to the guy in front of us who wouldn't let us pass, "Get the F*** out of the way!! It was like being in traffic! lol!

03 cobra toy
08-23-2005, 04:19 PM
you need MORE!!!

-K-Member brace
-Steeda Front Sway bar
-IRS bracing

Safety first !! Rollbar would be my first mod on a vert....

msmap
08-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Safety first !! Roll bar would be my first mob on a vert....

Yep, since it is the law now for scmc track events!

LadyCobra01'
08-23-2005, 05:29 PM

That is why I won't be doing SCMC, no rollcage until I have too. Sorry! :(

03 cobra toy
08-23-2005, 05:34 PM

You must be talking about SVTOA...The last word I heard from SCMC was Verts are ok as long as they didn't have R compound tires on...

Firme
08-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Yup that must be SVTOA you're thinking of, SCMC allows verts with restrictions which would tailor more safety on track. IE: you couldn't run the moderate to advanced groups, or not have an instructor, without a rollbar. Last year, I know some people heard that 2nd and 3rd hand, and did not attend without actually asking to find out, as the requirement was only discussed early on in planning, but revised.

cobrapace94
08-23-2005, 06:11 PM
NO, roll bars were "REQUIRED" last year for the SCMC TWS track event!! Here is the thread & E specificly stated in very BOLD words that verts require roll bars.
Not trying to start anything, but lets get the facts straight. If the rule was changed, then it was NOT published. If it was changed, then it should have been posted & let people know of the new rule
Read it Here (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5586)
And according to the SCMC Gingerman event September 17 & 18 events package is states that "verts must have approved roll bars". Check it out Here also (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/SCMC-Gingerman-Events-packet_05.pdf) , 2nd page about 1/2 way down.

I'm confused now?!?!?!?!? :D
Clarification is needed.
Thanks

Firme
08-23-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm confused now?!?!?!?!? :D
Clarification is needed.
Thanks

....as the requirement was only discussed early on in planning, but revised.

Also, the actual track registration was revised to not require them. The thread linked is not the actual event thread , but a pre-event thread thread(actually the link is from January, 9 months before the event) :D.

Each region makes that decision, so I don't even know why Gingerman was brought up. Ultimately, in the end, insurance for the particular event can determine that. Regaurdless, the rules for the proposed Texas track day this year have not been officially published, so how can anyone say they are required this year.

If you want further clarification, ask David, I know for a fact, one of his student was a vert without a rollbar last year.

03 cobra toy
08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
If you want further clarification, ask David, I know for a fact, one of his student was a vert without a rollbar last year.

I had two Vert students...One fox and one 03/04 Cobra

cobrapace94
08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Untill now, I assumed verts required roll bars. No clarification was ever made to say verts could run with out roll bars on a region by region decision, that I remember? It was stated in the pre event thread that roll bars were required & no such revision was ever noted otherwise, so it was assumed going by our fearless leaders :edmond: :D post, that roll bars were required. And untill now I still thought that was the case. I also thought it was a SCMC rule requiring roll bars?
I agree, if someone is going to become a track junkie, coughDavid,Stan,andy,cough, then the 1st mod should be a roll bar. But for the person who just wants to go & do a track driving event or 2 might not want to put a roll bar in to see if they like it, can afford it or their better half with kids don't want a roll bar in the car :thumbsup: .
:) OK, now I know. :) :cool: :love:

Thread hijacking asside :cool: , glad you had a good time at the track Kim.

Firme
08-24-2005, 12:16 AM
sorry for the mixup Darrell, we will make sure to clarify it better in the future :thumbsup: so does this mean the pace car might make some hot laps? :eek:

msmap
08-24-2005, 09:54 AM
You must be talking about SVTOA...The last word I heard from SCMC was Verts are ok as long as they didn't have R compound tires on...

n/m :cool:

Firme
08-24-2005, 10:04 AM
If anyone is planning to participate in the next Open track event in the area, and has a vert, wait for the event to be officially anounced and check the rules for the event. If at that time, its not clear, please ask so it can be clarified.

:)

sorry the thread got de-railed Kim, I hope I can make it out to TWS one of these days.

Levi
08-24-2005, 01:32 PM
My 2 cents. It all comes down to how much you value your life. Event insurance is not the same as car insurance. :cool: