PDA

View Full Version : Pinks!

ososlow99svt
08-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Has anyone else been watching this show? my friends and i have been watching it for the past few weeks now and it seems pretty cool, a little cheesy but i like the idea. loose the race, loose your ride.:cool:

RF Cobra
08-26-2005, 11:17 AM
There was another thread about this show. Apparently some of the races are, shall we say, fixed in advance of the show according to what some others have found out about the show and the lose your ride deal doesn't necessarily happen.

ososlow99svt
08-27-2005, 08:52 PM
i did a search for "pinks" and didnt see anything, but that sucks that they have to do it by a script. i'm disapointed in those guys. oh well.

Firme
08-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Thats Television for you though :( its not about the sport, but the ratings :rolleyes:

ausie
08-28-2005, 02:54 AM
If they wanted it to be realistic, they should use the tree at the track and just have the lights give one side a handycap since they are at a drag strip. I have seen the show a few times. I believe it is on the SPEED channel. I have seen another show similar to this but it is hosted by twins that captian a teem to modify two identical cars then drag race at the end, the winning team gets to keep both cars.

ososlow99svt
08-29-2005, 02:50 PM
i'd like to know the name of that show. it sounds kinda cool. and what channel its on if anyone else has seen it? :doubt: i dont get to watch a lot of tv so when i do, i want to see something cool. does anyone like "top gear"?

jack
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
i'd like to know the name of that show. it sounds kinda cool. and what channel its on if anyone else has seen it? :doubt: i dont get to watch a lot of tv so when i do, i want to see something cool. does anyone like "top gear"? I believe the Speed Channel? Around here its channel #27. Pretty cool show

ausie
08-30-2005, 06:53 AM
I looked through the TV listings. It used to be on the Discovery Channel at the same time they had "RIDES" on TLC. Then it wound up neck and neck with Overhaulin. It used to come on on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I think it is no longer on anymore since after Pinks came out. I have not seen it in a while. It was usually on too late to watch it.

kilroy
08-30-2005, 09:25 AM
a little cheesy but i like the idea. Not a bad idea, but its execution is where it loses me... It's quite http://smilies.storagebin.us/smilies/hay.gif , imo.