PDA

View Full Version : magnapacks gotten quieter

svt tam
08-25-2005, 11:41 PM
I've noticed that my maganpacks have gotten quieter since i put them on a few weeks ago. Anyone know what might cause this? Is this normal?

sssvtcobra
08-26-2005, 04:24 AM
I don't have the magnapacks, but I do have the SLP loudmouth 2's and mine got quieter after a few weeks. Just waite it out, they will get a little louder again. Not like they were when you first put them on, but they will get a little louder. I think Ausie also noticed the same thing with his Loudmouths.

ausie
08-26-2005, 07:16 AM
That will happen with most exhaust upgrades and is normal. I have heard the term "seasoning" applied to this phenomena. It may be followed with some irritable drone and then the sound returns but not as loud. The cat back I installed (had the same thing on two different vehicles) went from an extreme open header sound to absolute quiet. It took longer for the 04 than it did for the 01. The sound will return after a while.

dewone
08-26-2005, 09:05 AM
I had a different experiance. My cat material became dislodged and was blocking half of the exhaust. (made the exhaust quiter by far) That also became a bad rattle as it reduced in size from beating around inside. Take your plam and hit the cats to be sure the haven't broken up and cloged the exhaust.

svt tam
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I hoe my exhaust is just going through the phase. Hopefully it will get a little louder soon. I will check the cats. Thanks.