PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

Cobra Bob
08-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I recently purchased an '03 Cobra vert that is still under warranty. I am planning on doing some mods but am unsure how they will affect the warranty. Below, not necessarily in this order, are the mods:

- 17X9 Bullitt wheels
- Magnaflow x-pipe w/cats
- Magnaflow cat back

I plan on asking the local Ford dealer, but was just wondering what other owner's experiences have been.

Bob

Linn@Amazon
08-26-2005, 11:51 PM
you should be ok with those mods but keep in mind that voiding the warranty is the decision of the dealership..make sure you go to a mod friendly dealership if y ou have warranty issues

NO 5 OH
08-27-2005, 07:04 AM
OMG :bounce:

We actually had a warranty on these cars? :doubt: I thought something wasn't right somewhere when Ford wouldn't warranty my car and I said "you mean they ALL don't make 700 horsepower?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And yes I'm joking :D:D:D:D

Shannon

blk04cobra1
08-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Warranty...what's that? :rotf: ...I think the question should be, "how quickly did you void your warranty?" :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
08-27-2005, 12:45 PM
OMG :bounce:

We actually had a warranty on these cars? :doubt: I thought something wasn't right somewhere when Ford wouldn't warranty my car and I said "you mean they ALL don't make 700 horsepower?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And yes I'm joking :D:D:D:D

Shannon

Warranty...what's that? :rotf: ...I think the question should be, "how quickly did you void your warranty?" :thumbsup:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cobra Bob
08-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Actually, they do have a warranty. The local Ford dealer is replacing all of my tires (I think). :rolleyes: I pick it up this afternoon.

Bob

NO 5 OH
08-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Actually, they do have a warranty. The local Ford dealer is replacing all of my tires (I think). :rolleyes: I pick it up this afternoon.

I'm very well aware that we have a warranty on these cars... hence I said:

And yes I'm joking

If you're really worried about modding your Cobra AND your warranty... you've got three choices about the matter.

1) Don't mod it anymore than what it is.
2) Don't let Ford work on it anymore and do the work yourself.
3) Sell it and no more problems.

Exhaust and a cold air kit will sometimes fly under the radar... but some dealerships will want to void your warranty for having less than adequate tread depth on the rear tires, given if the mileage on your car is very low. I no longer take my car to Ford as the last time it was there it was hardly touched and I was told "the vibration at certain speeds was normal harmonics" so from that point on I've fixed it myself no matter what.

This of course is my opinion... that and fifty cents will get you a pack of crackers.

Shannon

RF Cobra
08-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Let me throw one more option into the mix. If you have ever done anything to piss off your Ford dealership by attitude, remarks or anything else, then you have greatly increased the odds of them recommending to Ford that your warranty should be voided and they will look harder to find a reason to do so.

Some companies like Mitsubishi actually pay people to hunt down and link cars that are brought in for service to websites looking for any evidence of activity they deem can void the warranty.

Of course my favorite was the buy a WRX and get a free year membership to the SCCA*

*Warranty void if raced or taken on a race track.

ausie
08-29-2005, 08:00 AM
The best piece of advice given:

"2) Don't let Ford work on it anymore, and do the work yourself."

:)

blk04cobra1
08-29-2005, 09:53 AM
The best piece of advice given:

"2) Don't let Ford work on it anymore, and do the work yourself."

:)
I'd have to agree...more often than not, they spend the majority of their time trying to find a loophole to not warranty the repairs...good luck with your decision and the car really is enjoyable once you have a chance to drive it (I tell myself that everyday b/c mine has been under construction for a while) :thumbsup: