PDA

View Full Version : In the market for an 03 Cobra

JP4LSU
08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey guys. I've only posted a couple times in here several months back, but I should be keeping better contact with the forum now.

Well, in about 8-12 months I should be in the market for an 03 Cobra. I'm paying a few things off right now so that I can do this.

Although, I'm a little nervous about it. The reason is it is a 1st year run with a new engine configuration, etc. Plus there seems to be a ton of them for sale versus 2001 and earlier. Why is this?

Is because of the head problems they had early on? Would you recommend staying away from early 03's?

I would bump up to an 04 but by the time I'm in the market I am not wanting to pay over $20K. I figure 10-12 mnths from now I can find one at that price.

What do you guys/gals think? Any advice and info would be appreciated? I have plenty of time to think about it and research it.

KCCobra03
08-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Goooood Luck! Finding any 03/04 Cobra for $20K Only if it has alot of miles then it will sell for the 20's. Reason for so many for re-sale is they made like 13,000 of them in '03. Not near that many in '04. I paid $25K with 3500 miles and it was due to the Sales mgr. dating my X-wife. I guess good ass will get you somewhere. Saved me $$$$$. Just make sure it has the head replaced, it will have blue paint on it somewhere meaning it had been changed. Also the Ford dealer can run the VIN for warranty claims.

JP4LSU
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
There's no way I could find one now for $20K, but I'm expecting it will be the case in another 8-12 months. I didn't realize they built so many in 2003. That doesn't bode as well for resale. Ahhhh who cares I will keep it for good long time.

As the time draws nearer I will be asking ya'll some questions. It is never to early to start you search and researching. Of course what do you expect from an aeronautical engineer.

03ZINCSVT
08-30-2005, 06:35 PM
Your best bet is to look at Carmax.com

I bought my 03 from them and would do all over again.......Check it out it can not hurt!