PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Gas Temps

Dave B.
08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Any tuners out there know what my EGT should be with the probe at a given distance from the cyclinder head? there should be some exact numbers out there that would tell me im at the right air/fuel when the probe is in a certain spot, im told the Probe should be about 3 inches from the head,

if so, then what temp??

Rick@Amazon
08-29-2005, 09:01 PM
You are correct no more then 3" from the head. I like under 1200 degs but have seen higher on some cars.

Rick

Any tuners out there know what my EGT should be with the probe at a given distance from the cyclinder head? there should be some exact numbers out there that would tell me im at the right air/fuel when the probe is in a certain spot, im told the Probe should be about 3 inches from the head,

if so, then what temp??

Dave B.
08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Rick let me ask you this, after just putting on LT headers would the engine need more or less fuel on average? and would that 1200 degree mark make a differance with or without headers? thanks

Rick@Amazon
08-30-2005, 10:43 PM
the headers will make you a little leaner. You'll also loose a little boost too.

Rick

Dave B.
08-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Thanks Rick, I have a Wideband Air/fuel gauge on its way,
By any chance do you know about how much more fuel I should add in the mean time till I can get it installed?

Before the headers were put on I had it set at plus 2.5% more fuel, now the inside tips of the exhaust pipes look a little on the whitish side, so it needs more for sure, i set it at plus 4.0% on the 2000-4000 RPM and the same from 4000-7000 but its this portion im worried about

blk04cobra1
08-31-2005, 08:36 AM
I would just stay out of boost until your wideband comes in...I know it's hard, but probably your best option