PDA

View Full Version : Back From Iraq- Here's where all my $$ went!

smashedheadcat
09-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Just got back from Iraq. I did just short of 7 months there. While I was gone, I proposed a plan of action and jumped in full force. Here's a few pics of what is here.

Firme
09-01-2005, 10:19 AM
:eek: way to go Josh, thats what I want.

And welcome back man, glad to have you back safe :thumbsup: and thank you :flag:

smashedheadcat
09-01-2005, 10:27 AM
:eek: way to go Josh, thats what I want.

And welcome back man, glad to have you back safe :thumbsup: and thank you :flag:

Thanks for that Firme. Next event we're at, together, I'll take ya for a spin in her.

pdogkilr
09-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Josh,

Thanks for "Standing on the Wall". I'm ex Navy, 65 to 74.

Those pics look more like a major supply house taking inventory! Please post more as the goodies get installed.

Welcome back.

Jerry

WVSNS&
09-01-2005, 03:57 PM
:D That is impressive!!!

AirForce1
09-01-2005, 04:03 PM
hey josh,

i am in Airforce (ROTC) (cadet 2nd LT.) and i hear storys from the instructors that have been shipped of and have come back. Most of them are fighter pilots (f-15 & F-16). we get e-mails and movies from the instructors that are still over there. I know that it is a little different on the ground so glad you came back safe.:thumbsup: :flag: pleas post pics when you get every thing put on.:D

smashedheadcat
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys, I'm doing the install myself, and I may write a new install manual for HP performance. So I'll have tons of pictures.

dewone
09-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Glad to have you back. Thank you for your service to your country. :thumbsup:
I'm ex-Navy also 76-80
Boy you sure collected alot of goodies sure will be fun installing them good luck. Look forward to reading your manual.

flynfink
09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Josh, welcome home and I cannot wait to see the Turbo Cobra.

ausie
09-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Welcome home Josh! I can't wait to see the mods installed. Take pictures of the tear down too. Congrats on the twins, I am sure they will mature into real monsters under full throttle. SWEET :cool:

smashedheadcat
09-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys. I am putting in my solid axle tomarrow, and then I'll get cracking on the twins shortly after. I am going to look at a 99 lightning tonight possibly. It's in rough shape so I hear, but he only wants $10,000 for it so it'll be worth looking. My dad said he'd pick up the tab for it and I can pay him when I sell the 97. So if I get the lightning and it runs well, I'll be able to drive that everyday so I can take my time with the turbo swap. if anyone would like to see the car, I'll have it at the November drag day event.

Yellow98Snake
09-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Josh,

Glad to hear you made it back OK!

Did you ever get a new supercharger belt for the 97 after you shredded it at Wayne's?

Oh yeah, I want to see that TT Cobra when you get done as well!

Also, since everyone is listing military service, I served in the US Navy from 89 to 95...... Now serving as a US Navy Civilian; life is much better for me on this side of the fence.

tcrews
09-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Just got back from Iraq. I did just short of 7 months there. While I was gone, I proposed a plan of action and jumped in full force. Here's a few pics of what is here.
Welcome back Josh....and.....you totally suck you know that don't you :) LOL

Can't wait to see what your new setup does....that's going to be one awesome WHITE Cobra :)

smashedheadcat
09-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Josh,

Glad to hear you made it back OK!

Did you ever get a new supercharger belt for the 97 after you shredded it at Wayne's?

Oh yeah, I want to see that TT Cobra when you get done as well!

Also, since everyone is listing military service, I served in the US Navy from 89 to 95...... Now serving as a US Navy Civilian; life is much better for me on this side of the fence.

Thanks! I did get a new belt for the 97. LOL I can't believe it put down over 480rwhp with the belt falling apart like that. :rotf:

smashedheadcat
09-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Welcome back Josh....and.....you totally suck you know that don't you :) LOL

Can't wait to see what your new setup does....that's going to be one awesome WHITE Cobra :)

Thanks Tom. I'm just putting all the knowledge I've learned from you guys and what I learned on my own with the 97 to use on this one. I figured I'd go with a power adder I can let the car grow into instead of the other way around. I went with some wild boost controller setups and I'll be working with Randy with my SCT pro racer package to get my tune squared away.

Yellow98Snake
09-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks! I did get a new belt for the 97. LOL I can't believe it put down over 480rwhp with the belt falling apart like that. :rotf:

Yeah, I kept expecting the belt to fly off and smack Wayne in the head.... :eek:

I guess True Blue put it together OK.

smashedheadcat
09-19-2005, 09:53 PM
They did a great job building the engine, but I installed it myself as well as the blower. :cool: They are such an awesome group of guys up there.