PDA

View Full Version : Well, its alive!!!

Firme
09-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Just got done with the three week venture. Alot of amateur free mod porting, some screen door jaming into the engine, and a $13 part later ( :mad:.... oh wait, I should be thankful :thumbsup: ) and she cranked for the first time in what seems to be forever.

I am so proud as I did not come up with any extra screws. :D

But, a 30 second fuelless crank to re-oil, and a 10 minute run-time, and there is no tick.

Yup... tore off the valve/timing chain covers to find that hilatious noise was a idler pulley that barely sounded bad off the car. :dunno:

But I got to do some free mods. And change the fuel filter (I am too embarassed to say how dirtly and CLOGGED up that thing was)

Couple of minor things to work out, but its too damn late, and tonight's venture started at 6p.m.

The scary thing. The battery was physically out of the car for three weeks, but the radio still has my station presents.
:eek:

kencobra
09-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Glad to hear that everything is ok with the car.

The first time I changed my fuel filter it looked like muddy water and that was after 12,000 miles. I now have myself in the habit of filling up on gas at a quarter tank not when it hits empty like I used to.

By the way Edmond your up way to early on a Saturday, get some sleep.

93KingCobra
09-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Holy S**t man 5:00 a.m. what were you thinking...... :D

Glad to hear the beast is alive and running agian You should have givin me a call if you needed any help but oh well maybe next time......

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Excellent!!!

5.00 AM :eek:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:D

spitfire
09-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Congratulations, Happy trails! :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
09-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Glad you got it running E.

AirForce1
09-05-2005, 02:21 AM
glad you got her up and running. now you have no reason not to go crusin in the nice weather we will be having.:cool: :D

ORANGE CRUSH
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Way to go Edymond.:thumbsup:

Firme
09-06-2005, 02:36 PM
ok.. wtf.. drove it on the road for the first time after a couple of startups with no noise.

The noise is back :mad: I was duped :( .

Back to the drawing board. :( At least I know it not a timing chain or timing chain tensioner problem.

97CasperCobra
09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
ok.. wtf.. drove it on the road for the first time after a couple of startups with no noise.

The noise is back :mad: I was duped :( .

Back to the drawing board. :( At least I know it not a timing chain or timing chain tensioner problem.

Damn that sucks man....sorry to hear. :( Could it be a main bearing???? :dunno:

Firme
09-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Damn that sucks man....sorry to hear. :( Could it be a main bearing???? :dunno:

better not be :mad: or anything else bottom end for that matter.

it does not make the noise under gas/load, only does it on decel or light gas. It really does sound like its valve-train though

Evilcartman
09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
better not be :mad: or anything else bottom end for that matter.

it does not make the noise under gas/load, only does it on decel or light gas. It really does sound like its valve-train though

Sorry to hear that man. You may contact James and ask if someone will just check it out for you.

msmap
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
damn 01, guess you need to move up in life and get that 03 :p :rotf: