PDA

View Full Version : AutoRama November 24, 25, 26, 27, 2005

03 cobra toy
09-05-2005, 11:01 AM
OK Who's going to organize the Autorama this year? Here's your chance to show off your car and promote SCMC... :thumbsup:

Anyone anyone......

New Location

George R. Brown
Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas
Houston, TX 77010

http://www.autorama.com/casi/houston.htm

Josh968
09-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Are they going to be able to hold the event? I know all the gun shows at the Reliant and George R. Brown have been cancelled, at least thru December.

97CasperCobra
09-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Are they going to be able to hold the event? I know all the gun shows at the Reliant and George R. Brown have been cancelled, at least thru December.

That's what I heard as well......heard they're putting evacuees into the GRB Center. :dunno:

msmap
09-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Evacuees are now being referred to as guests. Yes, some guests have already been set up in the GRB. The Reliant Center, Arena and Dome and the GRB have all cleared their calendars of events until December so far, with expectations that it will run longer.

03 cobra toy
09-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Email sent to AutoRama....

03 cobra toy
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
AutoRama's response....

The Houston show is not cancelled. We have been assured by the George R
Brown that the facility will be empty and ready for use in November.

Thanks for your email

Dale Minnix

Who's going to organize the Autorama this year?

John Chingasos
09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I know who is not going to volunteer..........me

I recommend Sherri since she is a car show veteran with lots of great ideas and past experience. ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup:

Carl G
09-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought it was a good cause, I will show if we cannot get another six cars.

msmap
09-06-2005, 06:55 PM

I recommend Sherri since she is a car show veteran with lots of great ideas and past experience. ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup:

NEGATIVE, ghostrider, the pattern is full!

93KingCobra
09-06-2005, 07:00 PM
AutoRama's response....

The Houston show is not cancelled. We have been assured by the George R
Brown that the facility will be empty and ready for use in November.

Thanks for your email

Dale Minnix

Who's going to organize the Autorama this year?

Sounds like your willing and able..... :D :D

97CasperCobra
09-06-2005, 07:04 PM
I thought it was a good cause, I will show if we cannot get another six cars.

I'm sure I'll be detailing a Cobra R and possibly a '03 Grey Vert. :D

If I can get enough money together I'll show the Cobra, but funds are tight right now since I won't have a job starting next week. :(

03 cobra toy
09-07-2005, 09:42 AM

NEGATIVE, ghostrider, the pattern is full!

After criticizing the display and cars last year.....Here's your chance to do the car show your way...

All talk and no action :baby:

John Chingasos
09-07-2005, 09:55 AM
And remember..........

Dont talk about it

be about it

Carl G
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
After criticizing the display and cars last year.....Here's your chance to do the car show your way...

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I dont mind helping , come on Sherry :thumbsup:

msmap
09-07-2005, 11:57 AM

i have learned to not go where i am not wanted. i don't recall criticizing, just offered help from what i have learned from other car show veterans. you've got all the help you need anyways.

msmap
09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
And remember..........

Dont talk about it

be about it

:getsome:

Carl G
09-07-2005, 12:08 PM
i have learned to not go where i am not wanted. i don't recall criticizing, just offered help from what i have learned from other car show veterans. you've got all the help you need anyways.
Sounds like a deffinite no to me :( Ok so here we go. If no one wants to step up to the plate I will do so. It was a lot off work but the end was to promote our club. So those interrested in showing their cars please come forward. I will start to process of getting us signed up like last year for 6 spots as a club entry. We will most likely need new signs for cars since most have addded new mods and more HP. Hint Hint

Carl G
09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Sherri would you be interrested in showing one of the cars?

03 cobra toy
09-07-2005, 12:25 PM
i have learned to not go where i am not wanted.

Who said that?

just offered help from what i have learned from other car show veterans.

Great ! Then help set it up....

you've got all the help you need anyways.

Carl and John asked for your help...Why don't you help?

97CasperCobra
09-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Let's all play nice now. :thumbsup:

Let's get those who are a YES, who are a MAYBE and NO

I will do it IF we need to....we all know mine's somewhat beat-up, but it's for the club so I'm down. If I don't need to show I'll help with EVERYTHING. :thumbsup:

Firme
09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Let's all play nice now. :thumbsup:

I second that.

Let's get those who are a YES, who are a MAYBE and NO

As far as showing, I don't think mine is nice enough to represent the club well at Autorama :( . But I will help out those showing with whatever needs to be done.

Carl G
09-07-2005, 01:28 PM
I am down to show, if we cannot get six new cars. I will proceed forward to get the registration going.

03 cobra toy
09-07-2005, 01:40 PM
No AR this year....But I can help with whatever needs to be done :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
09-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I sold the only car I have worth showing :p

97CasperCobra
09-07-2005, 02:13 PM
I sold the only car I have worth showing :p

:bs: ....that R cleaned up REAL nice...and I'm sure the SL03 vert will do after I'm done with her. :thumbsup:

Come on.....2 for the price of 1 :cool:

John Chingasos
09-07-2005, 02:17 PM
No AR this year....But I can help with whatever needs to be done :thumbsup:

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Mephisto
09-07-2005, 03:44 PM
I would be happy to show mine this year if you want it, now that I have a beater.

My car is also all scratched up with many many rock chips, but I don't ever seem to drive it anymore so it is available.

My big concern is not providing the car or the cost, but the time involved to get the car ready and do the show. I have no time lately.

Can Carl or anyone give an estimate of how much time is involved actually at the show. Do you really need to show up everyday, and lock up your car and all that?

Is this event( if it happens) during thanksgiving?

97CasperCobra
09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
I would be happy to show mine this year if you want it, now that I have a beater.

Can Carl or anyone give an estimate of how much time is involved actually at the show. Do you really need to show up everyday, and lock up your car and all that?

Is this event( if it happens) during thanksgiving?

Henry....and all else who this pertains to.....I can help ya'll clean the cars up. I go to school on Tues/Thurs and won't have a job during the week/weekend, so I'm looking for some "extra" work to do. I can help detail, drive(unless I put mine in if I have the $$$), whatever you guys need.

One doesn't need to be there everyday, I most likely will b/c I won't be doing anything else. Basically we need some people who come, help give out info on the club and to watch/clean the cars.

And yes...it happens over T-giving weekend.

AirForce1
09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
if i get my car back in time i will be glad to put it in the show. :D since i will miss the joe mires show. :(

Carl G
09-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Henry, the only time really needed is the time spent in getting the car ready for the show. You dont have to be there all of the time. We will have people there to watch your car. Some of the people want to play touch the car;s.Anyway we could use your car, thanks for the offer. We will be in touch.

93KingCobra
09-07-2005, 07:33 PM
My car will be nowhere near ready for any show any time soon so all I can do is offer my help with anything else.....

Twice Bitten
09-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I am not interested in showing, but will volunteer the car/cars if you can not get enough cars together. Anyway, who would want to look at a blower that is 2/3rds the size of the engine? Please only use me as a last resort :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
09-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I think Lurker was interested in doing it again.

Also ..there is a car show fee that comes with 2 weekend passes.

Last, I recommend that you get different cobras from different eras i.e New Edge Cobras - Convertible and Coupe, SN-95 Cobras, and fox body. I might know someone willing to put there fox body in the show and join our group.

jimmysidecarr
09-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm out..

93KingCobra
09-08-2005, 03:37 PM
I might know someone willing to put there fox body in the show and join our group.

I even might be willing to loan you my rims so people don't make fun of you...... :D :D :rotf: :rotf:

spitfire
09-17-2005, 01:42 PM
If everyone likes, I will put my car in the show. I will be getting it out of the body shop either tomorrow or Monday. I will book my last two vacation days to help make sure that I will be in town. Need help with regestration and the rules, since I nhave never done this before at the autorama. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
09-17-2005, 07:51 PM
If everyone likes, I will put my car in the show. I will be getting it out of the body shop either tomorrow or Monday. I will book my last two vacation days to help make sure that I will be in town. Need help with regestration and the rules, since I nhave never done this before at the autorama. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
09-17-2005, 08:58 PM
If everyone likes, I will put my car in the show. Need help with regestration and the rules, since I nhave never done this before at the autorama. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: .....I know it'll be a show stopper Chuck. If you need help cleaning it up let me know....I work fairly cheap. ;)