PDA

View Full Version : Be careful on Ebay!

MARK BELL
09-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I have4 had many positive experiences on e bay, but wanted to share a negative one, so hopefully no one else will get scammed the way I did.
I purchased an "03-04" Supercharged motor from a fellow named Chris Martin. Paid 5,600.00 for it including shipping.
What was shipped to me was a 96 Lincoln motor that was seized! I am not trying to cry on anyones shoulder, It is just that I dont want this guy to take anyone else. :mad:

sssvtcobra
09-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Mark,

If you paid through paypal, you are protected. Which means if you did not get the actual product that was being sold and paid for it, then paypal can get you your money back. I've seen it happen.

Just an Idea.
Jeff

Firme
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
I agree with Jeff, make sure you check all of your options before moving down the road. Sorry to hear that happen to you.

nckissfan
09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
that really sucks, and yes, there are bad people on there. I have had a bad experience, too. But, after turning them into Ebay, and Paypal, I received my money back. Fight for what is right.:thumbsup:

rpalmer
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
And jump on it quickly. I think there's some sort of "statue of limitations" that PayPal won't do anything if you wait too long...

-RP

MARK BELL
09-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Thanks, guys. I have already filed my paypal complaint, and called my CC company. The bummer is that, I palned to drop the motor in my 97 cobra. Oh, well, time for another engine build.