PDA

View Full Version : AEM Wideband installed anyone have one?

Dave B.
09-06-2005, 09:35 PM
The cars in the shop now, there welding the bung Wednsday Morning,
Im wondering if anyone else has an AEM Wideband or any other modle of Wideband gauge?? and had any issues with it??

How fast does it make its decisions?? were you able to properly tune the car with it?? or did you end up at a Dyno anyway??

if you know, thanks Dave

KCCobra03
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
I put in a DynoJet wideband. Gauge reacts fast. I had a muffler shop weld in the bung since they had a lift, $20. The local shop wanted like $400 to install. Saved myself alot of $$$$$$! It was simple just alot of jacking around with feeding the wires through the firewall and such. I can now see what my Throttle position voltage is so I can get it set when I put in my Accufab T.B. Saves me from dragging out the Fluke meter.:thumbsup:

Dave B.
09-07-2005, 12:21 AM
So are you using a Predator to tune it with?
What air/fuel setting did you find is the best all around??
or what setting are you using in your applications??

Thanks Dave

Dave B.
09-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Actually if I may,
could I get some numbers from some of you guys who have been on a Dyno and have a great tune that your happy with, and let me know what kind of air/fuel numbers the shop set you up with in order to get your max H.P. numbers??

thanks,,,,

Dave B.
09-07-2005, 09:49 PM
AEM Wideband installed and operating,
what a great thing to have, turns out I have been way way rich for a long time,

I thought I was rich but without knowing for sure I did not dare lean it out,
Am I correct in the fact that a Predator only changes the wide open throttle air/fuel ??? or is it something like 80% and up???

For the longest time Iv had the 2000 to 4000 RPM set at +3.50 rich and the 4000 to 7000 RPM about the same, but when I nail it I get readings of 10.5 or 11.3 kind of right in that area, but now matter what I do the cruse Air/fuel does not change.

blk04cobra1
09-07-2005, 10:05 PM
you may wanna try asking Rick over at Amazon...he's done many of mail order tunes and may be able to cut you a deal...plus you can check it with your new A/F meter :thumbsup:

Dave B.
09-07-2005, 10:21 PM
You know I did a mail order program once and it was a dissaster,
the car would hardly run but it was a tune that came from now check this out:

same year 03 cobra,
there was some code on the door that matched up
had the exact same bolt on's both car had exactly the same mods
I bought the tune from that same car that made 500 RWHP after some 30 dyno runs,,we loaded in into my predator and loaded it into my car, and it ran like total crap, I bet it lot 100 HP it ran so bad, soon as I took the tune out and put the generic predator pulley tune in and it had all the power in the world again,,,,go figure

Dave B.
09-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Man this thing was rich,
before I put this wideband in I had it set at plus 3.5 or so, now im down to minus 1.5 and its STILL AT 10.5 at WOT

InfamousSVT
09-09-2005, 02:51 AM
You know I did a mail order program once and it was a dissaster,
the car would hardly run but it was a tune that came from now check this out:

same year 03 cobra,
there was some code on the door that matched up
had the exact same bolt on's both car had exactly the same mods
I bought the tune from that same car that made 500 RWHP after some 30 dyno runs,,we loaded in into my predator and loaded it into my car, and it ran like total crap, I bet it lot 100 HP it ran so bad, soon as I took the tune out and put the generic predator pulley tune in and it had all the power in the world again,,,,go figure
Yeah, it's wierd.......I've always been told these cars are different one to the next!

ausie
09-09-2005, 06:40 AM
I wonder if the A/F differences has something to do with the O2 sensors and amount of EGR flow. Also (once again with the voltage issue) if the said vehicle was tuned with a faulty alternator, it would be way off for a car that has a good one. Since every thing on these cars are voltage dependent and a slight change in voltage (may be as small as a millivolt) may make a huge difference, that would explain the large difference between identical cars. Also slight vaccum leaks at the connecting points for all of the vaccum lines may also have an inpact on the difference between two identical vehicles. How well the various sensors hold thier tolerance, etc.... The ECU processor speed is rather slow. The new "Spanish Oak" processor in the 05 may be an improvement due to its processing speed. You can probably compare that to dial up modem and cable or dsl.

Dave B.
09-09-2005, 03:15 PM
what we thinks going on is Diablo gave the Predator a nice fat pulley tune,
even though on every page of the Predator it says there not responsible, it would only take a few people to say on one of these boards their engine blew up after using a Predators pulley tune,to do that product in.

So they made it FAT<<<<REAL REAL FAT,,,,,,,and Im slowly getting her on the diet she needs to party