PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual SCMC Joe Myer's Car Show, October 29, 2005!!! (info inside)

Firme
09-07-2005, 02:45 PM
UPDATE!!! THE SHOW DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO OCTOBER 29th due to Hurrican Rita

The SCMC will be having our 4th annual Joe Myer's Ford Car show on Saturday, October 29th , 2005. This will again be a HALLOWEEN SHOW. The show will be held at Joe Myer's Ford dealership lot, as it has been in the past. As always, all Cobras, Mustangs and Ford vehicles are invited to enter. We hope to best our 60 entries from last year.

The show will be judged on cleanliness. So make sure to shine them up nice.

The show cost is $20. SCMC current members, will receive a $5 discount for the show.

There will be raffle items and 50/50.

Joe Myer's will be providing the food.

Shirts (important NEW update): Since the date has been rescheduled, the show shirts will be provided FREE by Joe Myers to those entering the show. Those who have preregistered will get their shirt size gauranteed to them in the event that we run out of a certain size. Those who preregistered and purchased a car show shirt will have the shirt money refunded to their card.

Event MAIL-IN registration:Click here (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/jms05/SCC_4th_JM_Carshow05.pdf) (remember, cannot get shirt this way)

ONLINE Show registration:Click here (http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=28&cat=3&page=1)

A portion of the show proceeds will benefit the 'Texas gulf coast cystic fibrosis foundation' as we do not want to abandon contributing to this cause, but we will also have a collection at the event for the Red Cross and Katrina victims.

SCMC members, if you would like to help with staffing this event, or event preparation, please let us know. All member are welcome and encouraged to help make this a successful event.

If you want your registration poster, hurry (first 20 registration receive a 2007 Cobra poster)

Carl G
09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I paid on line. :) :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I paid on line. :) :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Me too... :D

97CasperCobra
09-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Got my registration in....let me know what I can do to help. I may be limited as I may have to work that day.

Levi
09-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Got R Dun. :D
Let me know what I can do. :thumbsup:

msmap
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
shirt just ordered :cool:

LadyCobra01'
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey! That is my Birthday!!! :D I will be there!! :thumbsup:

Kim

Firme
09-07-2005, 08:10 PM

Kim

we can ALL sing happy birthday to you during the trophy ceremony :D

99CobraCrazy
09-07-2005, 08:16 PM

Kim
My wife and I will wish you Happy Birthday now, b/c it is a sure thing we will forget! :D

03 cobra toy
09-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Done...

fordcobraman
09-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm in:thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
09-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Did it..

LadyCobra01'
09-09-2005, 11:54 AM
we can ALL sing happy birthday to you during the trophy ceremony :D

NOT!!! lol!

spitfire
09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Paid my registration and T-shirt, but probrably won't be able to make it! Maybe I will find a voluntier to take my car that Day. :thumbsup:

AirForce1
09-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Paid my registration and T-shirt, but probrably won't be able to make it! Maybe I will find a voluntier to take my car that Day. :thumbsup::D :D :D :D lets not all speak at once. (ill take it chuck mememememe):D :p

John Chingasos
09-13-2005, 12:24 AM
I invited the IMBOC (Bullitt Club) and the Mach1 Registry.

Can someone post an invite on fordpower and Extreme fords would be most appreciated.

I am out

LATE :thumbsup:

spitfire
09-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Might take you up on the offer Aaron, looks like I will be traveling to Brazil again soon. Coming home today though from offshore Mexico. Finally got released form the platform, two days of work and a week of trying to get off. I called the body shop shop but no answer, so maybe pick it up Monday. See yaŽll Tuesday :D

jimmysidecarr
09-17-2005, 05:19 PM

And renewed :fordflag:

97CasperCobra
09-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Can someone post an invite on fordpower and Extreme fords would be most appreciated.

I put it up on FP already....will do the same to EF if it's not already up. I also put it up on SVTPerformance as well. :thumbsup:

AirForce1
09-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Might take you up on the offer Aaron, looks like I will be traveling to Brazil again soon. Coming home today though from offshore Mexico. Finally got released form the platform, two days of work and a week of trying to get off. I called the body shop shop but no answer, so maybe pick it up Monday. See yaŽll Tuesday :D
:bounce: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :surprise: :jawdrop:

fordcobraman
09-24-2005, 08:38 PM
so is this car show still planned to take place on Oct. 1??

JBoden
09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
We'll find out in the morning what Joe Myers Fords wants to do. :rolleyes:

Firme
09-26-2005, 11:59 AM
yup, I will be calling them today to make sure they are still on

Firme
09-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Well, all the parties involved think it might be a great idea to move the show a couple weeks down the road. The reason being preparations were delayes due to last weeks events, and many people will have their hands full getting things back in order.

Any thoughts on this???

Andy M
09-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Edmond,

I assume you mean the folks in our club planning this deal, right? if so, I can certainly understand the reasons and am sympathetic to them. I would just ask the following questions however?

1) what do the folks at Joe Myers Ford think? are they also wanting to move it out a bit?

2) weather - the weather is supposed to be VERY nice this weekend as there is a cool front coming in on Thursday, so are we prepared to move it and then maybe move it again if the weather in the future does not cooperate?

Either way, if I can make it, I will definitely be there; unless something comes up with family or work which prohibits me from doing so.

Keep us posted please.

99CobraCrazy
09-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Might be a good idea. Remember a couple of us can't even get back to their houses and are stuck in a Motel room :( I know my opinion doesn't make decisions but there's my 2 pennies worth.

03 cobra toy
09-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Let's do it...Weather looks great!!

fordcobraman
09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
I am sympathetic for everyone who might still be stuck away from there homes....but it has been posted on a lot of sites and the weather this weekend is supposed to be nice. I am still down for this weekend as well!:thumbsup:

AirForce1
09-26-2005, 07:56 PM
this weekend is fine for me. chuck are you going to be in town or out of town?:D :rolleyes:

jimmysidecarr
09-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I say we might as well wing it...

Not much time to make every little bolt and screw glisten... so be it!

BEEN RIDEN HARD AND PUT AWAY WET!!!!

It may be a little rough around the edges... but what the heck ... we drive em in this club...

I'll give her a quick vac, wash and wax... I might even do the "windahs"...

Andy M
09-27-2005, 09:51 AM
All,

If we do this thing this weekend, I will be there with the R for sure. I will also be prepared to help in any way I can once I get my car parked and ready for show.

Carl G
09-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Black 03 want be able to show, but I vote to go for this weekend. Weather is going to be good. Edmond I can help out in any capacity. I'll explain later about the car. :thumbsup:

Firme
09-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Edmond,

I assume you mean the folks in our club planning this deal, right? if so, I can certainly understand the reasons and am sympathetic to them. I would just ask the following questions however?

1) what do the folks at Joe Myers Ford think? are they also wanting to move it out a bit?

2) weather - the weather is supposed to be VERY nice this weekend as there is a cool front coming in on Thursday, so are we prepared to move it and then maybe move it again if the weather in the future does not cooperate?

Either way, if I can make it, I will definitely be there; unless something comes up with family or work which prohibits me from doing so.

Keep us posted please.

Andy, great question. Joe Myer's is the one who initiated the thought of moving it. Jim Boden, who is helping organize the event, has been deployed by his Company to help their employees in need in Louisiana, so he will be out this weekend, but Jacki was going to be here. When I called Joe Myers, they were saying that they would like to have the opportunity to run ads and commercials for the car show heavily the weekend before and the week leading up to the show, but at this time, its not wise to do for this weekend, since alot of Hurricane related things are going on (IE: insurance companies advertising for victims). Joe Myer's was also saying that attendence might be better in a couple of weeks since there is a chance that we might have a really low turnout since people have so many other things on their minds right now.

It doesn't matter to me either way, it is what the majority of the club wants to do.

Couple of additional potential problems we face right now:
-The dealership was unable to run any advertising for the show this past weekend. And we don't know when they will be able to start before this weekend.
-As of right now, we need judges.

Andy M
09-27-2005, 01:01 PM
Edmond,

All very valid reasons. I am fine with moving it out if we have good reasons to do so, and it appears we do.

Ok, if we do move it out a bit for all these good reasons, do we have an idea of which weekend? and if so, will we still shoot for a Saturday instead of a Sunday? I think a Saturday would be better for the dealership, and for us as well; but that is just my personal opinion.

Please keep us posted.

03 cobra toy
09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Andy, great question. Joe Myer's is the one who initiated the thought of moving it. Jim Boden, who is helping organize the event, has been deployed by his Company to help their employees in need in Louisiana, so he will be out this weekend, but Jacki was going to be here. When I called Joe Myers, they were saying that they would like to have the opportunity to run ads and commercials for the car show heavily the weekend before and the week leading up to the show, but at this time, its not wise to do for this weekend, since alot of Hurricane related things are going on (IE: insurance companies advertising for victims). Joe Myer's was also saying that attendence might be better in a couple of weeks since there is a chance that we might have a really low turnout since people have so many other things on their minds right now.

It doesn't matter to me either way, it is what the majority of the club wants to do.

Couple of additional potential problems we face right now:
-The dealership was unable to run any advertising for the show this past weekend. And we don't know when they will be able to start before this weekend.
-As of right now, we need judges.

Maybe we should change the date....I'm ok with that :thumbsup:

spitfire
09-27-2005, 01:15 PM
this weekend is fine for me. chuck are you going to be in town or out of town?:D :rolleyes: Car still in the body shop!, they say it will be ready Wednesday. Still working on visa problems for Brazil. So I will be here Saturday, Flying out Sunday! So for me Saturday is good! Anytime afterthat, who knows when I will be back!

97CasperCobra
09-27-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm game for moving it as well....that way we can get the advertising out so we can have more attendees.

And I need some more days to put my car back together...got the 03/04 front control arms on, but can't tighten the balljoint nut b/c the balljoint keeps spinning. :( ..and don't know how to disconnect the rear parking brake cable. :(

jimmysidecarr
09-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Sounds like moving the date... would be best...

I'm flexable... just let me know...

jimmysidecarr
09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm game for moving it as well....that way we can get the advertising out so we can have more attendees.

And I need some more days to put my car back together...got the 03/04 front control arms on, but can't tighten the balljoint nut b/c the balljoint keeps spinning. (try putting the weight of the car down on it to seat the taper... or borrow an impact):( ..and don't know how to disconnect the rear parking brake cable. :((can't help you there they are a biotch though)

:thumbsup:

Firme
09-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok, here is the second part to the question.....

what do ya'll want the new date to be?????

We need to set it soon.

Also, if anyone posted the show on any sites, please update those posts accordingly. Thanks :thumbsup:

spitfire
09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Well Traveling Sunday, so I guess I can't help with the date! :( Was hoping for Saturday, but I am sure another day is better for everyone else! :(

97CasperCobra
09-27-2005, 07:32 PM
(try putting the weight of the car down on it to seat the taper... or borrow an impact)

good idea man....thanks :thumbsup:

As far as a date....I'm open to whenever. I'd say do a vote so we know when the majority of people can make it. :thumbsup:

Andy M
09-27-2005, 10:07 PM
good idea man....thanks :thumbsup:

As far as a date....I'm open to whenever. I'd say do a vote so we know when the majority of people can make it. :thumbsup:

Ok, I'll be the first one to throw a date out there.

How about Saturday, October 22nd ?? That's 3 weeks from this coming Saturday.

LadyCobra01'
09-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Ok, I'll be the first one to throw a date out there.

How about Saturday, October 22nd ?? That's 3 weeks from this coming Saturday.

Won't work for me I will be at TWS that weekend for TDE! :bounce:

What about the 15th?

Firme
09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
The 29th was thrown in as well last night to have a Halloween themed show again.

LadyCobra01'
09-28-2005, 12:18 PM
The 29th was thrown in as well last night to have a Halloween themed show again.

I thought the Halloween Show was fun! :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
09-28-2005, 05:04 PM

TRACK DOG :D :thumbsup:

Carl G
09-28-2005, 07:04 PM
22nd not good for me---Texas Mile I see 180 in my sights If I can keep the plastic fr : om flying off :thumbsup: I can do the 29th

Andy M
09-28-2005, 08:54 PM

What about the 15th?You ol' track dawg you!! ;) :rolleyes:

The 15th works for me. That was originally going to be our MSR Houston track weekend anyway.

John Chingasos
09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
With today being thursday a decision needs to be made soon so I can update the other postings. I vote for the 29th of October

kencobra
09-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Do what needs to be done but I will be unable to attend on the 22nd due to Buzzfest.

93KingCobra
09-29-2005, 07:42 PM
29th!!!!! :thumbsup:

msmap
09-29-2005, 08:20 PM
29th :thumbsup:

Firme
09-29-2005, 10:55 PM
I place a call into Joe Myers for the 29th, they should let me know tomorrow its a go.

The one bad thing about the 29th, is that Jim and Jackie Boden will be out of town attending an SCMC track day at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway :( . Jim stated that he thinks it is a wise idea to go ahead and have a Halloween show again, even though he can't make it.

Jim and Jackie always do an outstanding job for the club for registration and show paperwork, so we will need to really step up to fill in their shoes. I believe Angela (Mrs. Evilcartman) will be heading the registration, but anyone who would like to help, it will greatly appreciated.

Carl G
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I place a call into Joe Myers for the 29th, they should let me know tomorrow its a go.

The one bad thing about the 29th, is that Jim and Jackie Boden will be out of town attending an SCMC track day at Talladega Gran Prix Raceway :( . Jim stated that he thinks it is a wise idea to go ahead and have a Halloween show again, even though he can't make it.

Jim and Jackie always do an outstanding job for the club for registration and show paperwork, so we will need to really step up to fill in their shoes. I believe Angela (Mrs. Evilcartman) will be heading the registration, but anyone who would like to help, it will greatly appreciated.

Edmond, I will volunteer to help out with registration if you need people. Let me know what ever I can do :thumbsup:

JBoden
10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Just got home from Louisiana - you can't believe the devistation until you see it for yourself.

Jackie and I are sad that we'll miss this car show but I'm glad you all decided to go ahead with the 29th. Last years Halloween theme was a big hit and the weather was fabulous.

Carl It would be great if you and Deb could help out at registration. PM me and we'll plan from there. :cool:

fordcobraman
10-03-2005, 02:06 AM
so i take it that the 29th is the new date!! how does the halloween car shows go about...can we dress up our cars? never been to one...any tips? also..just wondering.....how do we know if we registered in time to get the poster??

Firme
10-03-2005, 02:12 AM
so i take it that the 29th is the new date!! how does the halloween car shows go about...can we dress up our cars? never been to one...any tips? also..just wondering.....how do we know if we registered in time to get the poster??

Mike, Jim and Jackie will have to confirm that you registered in time for the poster, but I am almost positive that you were withing the first 20 to register.

Last year, there was a trophy just for the best costumed car. Todd (Orange Crush) won I believe with his 04 Orange Dressed as a pumpkin.

97CasperCobra
10-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Last year, there was a trophy just for the best costumed car.

what about dressing up in costumes ourselves??? I've been asked that by some people who may come from Victoria.... :thumbsup:

Firme
10-03-2005, 12:26 PM
what about dressing up in costumes ourselves??? I've been asked that by some people who may come from Victoria.... :thumbsup:

I guess they can if they choose :D there is not award for people costumes, but if ya'll feel we should have one, we can come up with a little somthing.

97CasperCobra
10-03-2005, 01:09 PM
I guess they can if they choose :D there is not award for people costumes, but if ya'll feel we should have one, we can come up with a little somthing.

anybody else up for it???

Firme
10-06-2005, 03:12 PM
The event shirt info has been updated on the first post.

fordcobraman
10-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Well...I just got a job with FEMA working in Dallas on the weekends....so I most likely will be out for the car show, BUT my car will be here...so I am going to try and talk my dad into driving it up there...I will have to totally detail it as much as possible before the show that weekend....I REALLY wanted to be there too...but need the money!!

93KingCobra
10-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Well it only two more weeks..... :thumbsup:

JBoden
10-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Two weeks and counting - we've got some killer raffle prizes this year and still collecting more - the 07' Shelby Posters (for the first 20 registrants) are beautiful and truely going to be a collectors item. :eek:

Still time to pre-register :bounce:

Steeda Snakes
10-28-2005, 03:39 AM
.........asked that by some people who may come from Victoria.... :thumbsup:Looks like we are going to bring the '98 Steeda Cobra up to H-Town for the show, if the weather is nice. We usually show at least two of our cars, but the wife and I are only planning on bringing one this time due to the travel distance.

Oh yea, first post. Hello everyone. Been on SVT Performance and other boards.

The wife (Grey Storm) will be posting soon.:bounce:

Firme
10-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Looks like we are going to bring the '98 Steeda Cobra up to H-Town for the show, if the weather is nice. We usually show at least two of our cars, but the wife and I are only planning on bringing one this time due to the travel distance.

Oh yea, first post. Hello everyone. Been on SVT Performance and other boards.

Welcome to the board :hello:
Glad you will be coming to the show.
Hope to meet you two tomorrow :thumbsup:

Andy M
10-28-2005, 09:39 AM
SS,

Welcome aboard. We look forward to having you tomorrow! Should be great weather!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
10-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Looks like we are going to bring the '98 Steeda Cobra up to H-Town for the show, if the weather is nice.

weather should be BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!!! Glad to hear ya'll are coming out.....can't wait to see the Steeda Cobra :drool: Looking forward to meeting ya'll......and the car. :D

Be safe driving.... :thumbsup:

kencobra
10-29-2005, 12:18 AM
It will be nice to meet both of you. Nice corral ! :cool:

Andy M
10-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Sure was nice spending time with friends today at the car show! :thumbsup:

The weather was nothing short of FABULOUS!! I sure hope we get a repeat of today's weather for the MSR Houston track event in December?!! :) :D

ORANGE CRUSH
10-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Had a blast:thumbsup:

Levi
10-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Sure was nice spending time with friends today at the car show! :thumbsup:

The weather was nothing short of FABULOUS!! I sure hope we get a repeat of today's weather for the MSR Houston track event in December?!! :) :D

Yes, it was a really good day with friends. :cool:

Carl G
10-31-2005, 10:49 AM
Had a great day with the gang, it was a lot of fun. I am so confused though, I now own a coupe?????Thanks for the consolation :D It was nice to see everyone cars looking so good. :thumbsup: