PDA

View Full Version : Going to MSR...

LadyCobra01'
09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
this weekend!!! :bounce: :bounce: I can't wait!! I will have an American Iron driver as my instructor!! :thumbsup:

Kim

Firme
09-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Lucky :(

who is the instructor?

oh, and good luck, have fun :thumbsup: its a blast

97CasperCobra
09-07-2005, 08:13 PM
*ahem*ROLLCAGE*ahem*

have fun...be safe. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
09-08-2005, 09:45 AM
:thumbsup: Have fun!!

Carl G
09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
You are going to have a ball :thumbsup: Come back safe and keep it all together. :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Admiral
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Oh man, don't get one of those Crazy American Iron instructors!

Seriously, have fun and watch out for the off-camber turns (most all of them at MSR).

Levi
09-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Sweet, hope you have fun. Be safe. :thumbsup:

You will hear this often. Look at the track ahead, note where the braking zones are. Brake, Brake, Brake, bend the car into the turn hitting your marks, and then remember to Gas, Gas, Gas. :cool:

LadyCobra01'
09-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Sweet, hope you have fun. Be safe. :thumbsup:

You will hear this often. Look at the track ahead, note where the braking zones are. Brake, Brake, Brake, bend the car into the turn hitting your marks, and then remember to Gas, Gas, Gas. :cool:

Thanks Stan!!! I will and saftey first!!! :thumbsup:

I will be #42, not a bad number...

Is anyone from the club going this weekend?

LadyCobra01'
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
*ahem*ROLLCAGE*ahem*

have fun...be safe. :thumbsup:

Be quiet Mike!! lol! I see myself with a fox body as a track car!!! :thumbsup:

Carl G
09-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks Stan!!! I will and saftey first!!! :thumbsup:

I will be #42, not a bad number...

Is anyone from the club going this weekend?

Ki,, I think Jim and jackie Boden are going also, look for them there.
You really are going to have fun. I wish I was going to be there :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
09-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Ki,, I think Jim and jackie Boden are going also, look for them there.

actually Jim is in LA helping his co-workers finding places to live. He was signed up to go but canecelled.

Andy M
09-09-2005, 04:28 PM
You will LOVE MSR!!! GREAT TRACK!!! Very technical, but extremely safe!

Watch out for those AI drivers?, right Admiral? ;)

Kim, who is your instructor?

Have fun and stay safe!! I sure wish I were going?... :( The R is VERY hungry for some track time these days! :( :rolleyes:

Admiral
09-12-2005, 11:39 AM
OK, so how was it? I hear they are making good progress on the extra circuit additions.

LadyCobra01'
09-12-2005, 12:11 PM
OMG!!!! I need this like a drug!!!! Going to try and go back in Nov. to MSR!! Didn't get the AI instructor, but that was ok. :thumbsup: I moved up to blue the next time I go!!! :bounce: I spun off the track on Ricochet on my second run the first day!! :eek: I had to buy 2 new rear tires and only missed the 3rd track time and got back just in time to make the 4th track time. I had a friend of mine who is also an instructor Darron Cook to drive my car in the white group run and put her throught her paces and OMG! I got a lot more confidence after that!!!! The new addition to the track is coming along they hope to have it finished in Nov and it will add another 1.7 miles to the track and it looks awsome!!!! :thumbsup: If it is done they are going to maybe run it counter clockwise, not clockwise. I am planning on going to TWS in Oct, but just to ride and watch. Need to get a second job to support my new hobby!! ;)

03 cobra toy
09-12-2005, 12:25 PM
OMG!!!! I need this like a drug!!!! Going to try and go back in Nov. to MSR!! Didn't get the AI instructor, but that was ok. :thumbsup: I moved up to blue the next time I go!!! :bounce: I spun off the track on Ricochet on my second run the first day!! :eek: I had to buy 2 new rear tires and only missed the 3rd track time and got back just in time to make the 4th track time. I had a friend of mine who is also an instructor Darron Cook to drive my car in the white group run and put her throught her paces and OMG! I got a lot more confidence after that!!!! The new addition to the track is coming along they hope to have it finished in Nov and it will add another 1.7 miles to the track and it looks awsome!!!! :thumbsup: If it is done they are going to maybe run it counter clockwise, not clockwise. I am planning on going to TWS in Oct, but just to ride and watch. Need to get a second job to support my new hobby!! ;)

:thumbsup: What happen to the tires?

LadyCobra01'
09-12-2005, 12:40 PM
:thumbsup: What happen to the tires?

One of the tires (I have 315's in the rear) got a slice in the tire wall from the wheel well and got 2 opions and they both said no for the track and yes for daily driving..Now I have 285's in the rear and those will be my track tires for right now.. :thumbsup:

Carl G
09-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Sounds like your hooked like the rest of us. Glad to hear you had so much fun and the car came through in one piece. I am looking at a November event sounds like MSR is just th ticket. See you there. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
09-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Sounds like your hooked like the rest of us. Glad to hear you had so much fun and the car came through in one piece. I am looking at a November event sounds like MSR is just th ticket. See you there. :thumbsup:

The event in Nov. 19-20 is the weekend before Thanksgiving and if the hubby can't get a trade for that weekend, we might be going to TWS instead in Oct 22-23 and catch MSR in 06' :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
09-12-2005, 01:24 PM
List of track events....

http://www.thedriversedge.net/
Garage Space $75 more (if you can get one...)
Texas World Speedway October 22 & 23 2.9 Counter Clockwise $275
Motorsport Ranch November 19 & 20 1.7 Clockwise $275

http://www.nasatx.com/rules.asp
Motorsport Ranch November 5-6 $275

www.edpracing.com
Texas World Speedway November-10
One run group 7 hours of open track
Only 45 Cars Minimum of 25 requiredThere are 1 drivers registered for this event
$245 per driver $50 each additional driver

http://texasworldspeedway.com
Texas World Speedway Motorsports Club
November 26-27 $250
Decebmer 17-18 $250

Admiral
09-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm holding out for some MSR-HOUSTON BABY!!!

I like to drive, just hate to tow my race car all over Texas to do it, lol. When they get MSR-Houston up and running I'll have two great tracks close to home, I may never see Hallett again after that, lol.

LadyCobra01'
09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm holding out for some MSR-HOUSTON BABY!!!

I like to drive, just hate to tow my race car all over Texas to do it, lol. When they get MSR-Houston up and running I'll have two great tracks close to home, I may never see Hallett again after that, lol.

When will it be finished? :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
09-13-2005, 02:02 PM
When will it be finished? :thumbsup:

Around the end of October :doubt:

LadyCobra01'
09-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Around the end of October :doubt:

I was just checking out the website and they should be pouring the cement this week. :bounce: www.msrhouston.com

Admiral
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Anyone live out near there? Would be nice to get an update beyond what they've put on their website.

Yes, I'm jonesing over here...............

Firme
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I've been in constant contact with them since we are still debating having an event there by the end of the year. I have also been out there a couple of times. The date is what is kind of making things difficult.

Mike, they have poured concrete for one of the buildings, the asphalt should be down this week, and the building itself should be delivered in a bit here. Oct 1 might be when the MSR members get to get on track.

BTW, the land is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE and the track will be nice.

LadyCobra01'
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Did anyone notice the lake in the middle? :eek: That will be interesting! :D

97CasperCobra
09-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Did anyone notice the lake in the middle? :eek: That will be interesting! :D

bring your skis..... :p

Admiral
09-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Man, just what I need - a lake to get my attention at speed.

I still see that pond at MSR in Cresson when I fly through Ricochet. Even though the pond is way off I get the high-pucker factor when my car pushes a bit there......

LadyCobra01'
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Bring Scuba gear!! I missed the pond at MSR, we were running counter clockwise! :(

Admiral
09-14-2005, 12:15 PM
CCW direction is the only way I've run MSR, if you look to your right in Ricochet (I don't recommend this at speed) there is a pond way off down the hill - maybe it is gone with the new construction going on there now, I haven't been there since May of this year.

Might be better off if you don't know about the pond, lol.

LadyCobra01'
09-14-2005, 01:04 PM
CCW direction is the only way I've run MSR, if you look to your right in Ricochet (I don't recommend this at speed) there is a pond way off down the hill - maybe it is gone with the new construction going on there now, I haven't been there since May of this year.

Might be better off if you don't know about the pond, lol.

I spun off the track at Ricochet!!! :eek:

It is still there but I didn't get to see it. We were going to do the lunch parade on Sunday clockwise and we would have seen it then.

Andy M
09-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Man, just what I need - a lake to get my attention at speed.

I still see that pond at MSR in Cresson when I fly through Ricochet. Even though the pond is way off I get the high-pucker factor when my car pushes a bit there......MSR is a lot more fun going Clockwise!! :bounce: I have had the privelege of running it both ways, and prefer it CW. :thumbsup: