PDA

View Full Version : What fuel pump to go with on my 97 Cobra??

BlitzkriegSnake
09-07-2005, 08:55 PM
My 97 Cobra's fuel pump is DOA, and i need to buy a new one. First off my Cobra is N/A, and is going to stay that way for quite a while. I'm not going to put on a Supercharger any time soon, and i'm not ever going to put Nitrous on it. A couple of guy's told me to go up to a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, they said even though i was N/A it wouldn't matter pumping more fuel would help it more than hurt it. I can get a Walbro 255lph for right at $100.00, and the cheapest price i could find a Ford OEM replacement fuel pump was $202.00. So i don't have to tell you which one sounds better $$$ wise, but that doesn't matter when it comes to either your car running right or running like crap. Do any of you guy's have a Walbro 255lph on your N/A 96-97 Cobra, and if so does it work good, and more importantly does your Cobra run good with it? What do you guy's think i should do,"go with the Walbro", or be safe and spend the extra $$$ and go with the Stock fuel pump that i know is right? And what is the flow of the stock 97 Cobra fuel pump? I've heard both 150lph and 190lph, so i don't know whitch one it is. If you guy's could help me out with this i'd very much Appreciate it, i need to get my Cobra back up and running ASAP. Thanks Again Guy's, Larry