PDA

View Full Version : Gingerman poll, how many run groups do you want?

Cobra-R
09-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi All,
I am putting run groups together and I thought I would get the your opinions. Would you rather have three run groups with aprox 20 cars per group, or have 4 run groups with about 15 cars? With 4 run groups, we will get four 20 minute sessions, with 3 run groups we should get 5 run sessions each day.

We have to decide within the next few days, so please help me out.

Thanks, Brian Groth

damian_rx7
09-09-2005, 03:36 AM
Hi All,
I am putting run groups together and I thought I would get the your opinions. Would you rather have three run groups with aprox 20 cars per group, or have 4 run groups with about 15 cars? With 4 run groups, we will get four 20 minute sessions, with 3 run groups we should get 5 run sessions each day.

We have to decide within the next few days, so please help me out.

Thanks, Brian Groth

Id say go with 3 groups, we may have more traffic, but I like the idea of getting another session in each day.

mwilson7
09-09-2005, 05:16 AM
As an instructor I'll take 4 groups or else I never have time to rest between sessions.

kevin
09-09-2005, 07:57 AM
two instructors, two opines.

as a driver you'd figure 3 groups = more fun

as an instructor you'd figure less rest between your fun and instructing and less time to get out of one car and into the student car

seems to me it would be a function of how many attendees would need/want an instructor. if there are extra instructors and they could rotate then 3 run groups, if not, then 4 run groups.

but while we are on this subject let me propose a shift in the paridiem. there is a lady out here who runs 4 run groups and 7 15 -20 minute sessions each and every day she does this (3-4 time per year and has been for several years now). it starts with an on time drivers meeting (you're not there you wait till the noon drivers meeting) at 8:30. track goes hot at 9am, each run group has their time open, you don't wait for strgglers to line up, 45 minute lunch (parade laps and such), the track goes cold at 5:30. even with the occassional track closing, she still gets 6 sessions in. now why can't anyone else do this? just my 2 cents and you know what that is worth nowadays.

Cobra-R
09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Mark,
Your point is well taken. I will look at how 3 run groups would break down for instructors and see if there is a way to make it easier on instructors.

From just watching the registrations come in, we have a pretty experienced group, I think most students will be getting signed off pretty quick.

Kevin,
I nominate you to be "the women" at our event, you can still get out here if you load your car now and get driving. :thumbsup:

Brian

PS: Keep Voting

mwilson7
09-09-2005, 10:24 AM
I've tried the 20 minute sessions and I found that you actually get much less track time than you think. If you consider that the first and last laps are under yellow or cool down and you figure it takes about a minute to get the cars off and on the track you end up with 11-14 minutes of actual track time depending on the course.

I went back to 30 minute session and we do our best to get 4 of them in per day. This year the only event we had which wasn't run on time was due to the ambulance not showing up on time which threw off our whole schedule.

cobrabitn
09-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I hate to say this...but I think Mark has a point. :rotf: J/K Mark. What if we did the 4 run groups and SATCAR group, five total, and gave everyone 3 thirty minute sessions? That would be 7.5 hours and we'd have 30 minutes left at the end of the day for open running?

That would give the instructors more break time in between. The only fault I would see with this is that the cars may not be able to take 30 minute sessions??? Otherwise, you'd have to go back to 20 minute increments and eat the cool down and start up laps.

Cobra-R
09-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Ok, well the voting says 4 run groups, so thats what we will stay with. I am taking Mark and Tony's suggestion and switching to 30 minute sessions. Now we will get 3- 30 minute sessions for a total of 90 minutes of track time per day compared to the previous 4-20 for 80 minutes.

Like Tony mentioned, the time works out a little odd with 3 30 minute sessons. So, that last 30 minutes or so, I figured we would try having all the instructors come out and give rides to Friends, family, fellow participants, and students that are 18+ and have or can borrow a helmet.

Thanks for the input, Brian

redsnake99
09-10-2005, 08:15 AM
My car gets 4 MPG on the track, so I can't drive for 30 minutes without a pit crew standing by for a fuel stop. But, I'm OK with fewer , longer sessions and I'll pull off track when fuel gets down too low. I'm still running street tires, so I won't be as competitive on track as I'd like to be anyway. Passing everyone once is OK for me!

:eek:

Cobra-R
09-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Passing everyone once is OK for me! :eek:

I'm sorry dave, I hadn't heard about your head injury, hope you are ok by next weekend. :thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :p

Brian