PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone running an EMS?

BlueOvalPower
09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
I have a chance to get an Engine Managment controller by AEM pretty reasonable, I was wondering if anyone is using one and if it is really worth it? thanks.

smashedheadcat
09-11-2005, 07:43 PM
The best tuning out there is arguably the Superchips Custom Pro Racer package. It gives you full control of the ECU. Nice software and you choice of either a chip (with your own chip burner) or an Xcalibrator 2 computer flasher with built in datalogger. It's awesome stuff and it costs about $810 to your door with a mail order tune to get you started.

blk04cobra1
09-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I checked AEM's website last night and didnt see any EMS for our cars...smashed is right, the sct racer package is a good deal for it's capabilities.

BlueOvalPower
09-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks the guy offering it bought it for his 03 Cobra and decided to go another direction, maybe the SCT set up described I have the Predator but if that set up is a better way I may go that route, the EMS was $900 so $800 sounds better, have do some planning and get these pulleys on and dyno'd, I have do some reading on the SCT package learn about that, I like experinece instead of trial and error LOL. thanks

Robert

Pro-Dyno
09-12-2005, 04:55 PM
SCT is the way to go if the ems works for your vehicle first it is a pain to set up second it tricks all the parameters the car runs off of these cars run best off the stock pcm with remapped parameters this way you do not loose the adaptive learning this adjusts for different conditions so the vehicle runs its best regardless of out side conditions SCT ALL THE WAY if ford's program can make it run safely with as much hp as it has now and perfect drivability that would be the way I would go with sct your just modifying the factory program to get the commanded fuel and timing you need for your modifications not reinventing the wheel:)

blk04cobra1
09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Holy run-on sentence Batman....j/k...very informative

Pro-Dyno
09-12-2005, 06:52 PM
I get carried away some time's but I mean well

:thumbsup:

blk04cobra1
09-12-2005, 10:06 PM
i know what you mean...just breaking you in....newbie ;)

BlueOvalPower
09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Well I think I really am in luck, I contacted Summit Racing about the Diablo and I am pretty sure they are going to take it back, I was going to purchase the Superchips/SCT package anyways I can do it a little fast now :thumbsup: , Where is a good place with support for the Superchips/SCT to purchase thanks.

Robert