PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Hitch?

scottgib
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Want to pull a tire trailer, but am not finding a hitch for the 03-04 Cobra.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

tnturbo
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
I may be wrong here, but I have never seen one specifically for the 99+ Cobras. I'm not sure if the issue is related to the way the exhaust is routed, the IRS, or the rear fascia. I would test fit one for a regular Mustang to see how it fits. You may be able to have it modified. Alternatively you can have one made.

If you are the Scott Gibson that I know near Knoxville, TN check with Tony Bolton. I believe he has removed or will be removing the hitch from his GT. FWIW, a new hitch shouldn't be more than $80 or so.

flynfink
09-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I've got one on mine. I use it for a bicycle rack. Dennis McCreary used one for his tire trailer.

Go to a good hitch shop and do have them do some checking.

blk04cobra1
09-13-2005, 03:40 PM
i did a quick search...everyone seems to say "except Cobra"...:thumbsup:

tnturbo
09-13-2005, 04:04 PM
From when I used to sell hitches and truck accessories...Draw-Tite, Reese, Putnam, and Hidden Hitch all say except SVT Cobra in the catalog. This is just for the 99+ cars. The 94-98s didn't have that exclusion. I've seen other 99+s with hitches. I bet it fits

flynfink
09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
I know what the books say... I think mine is actually for a gt, the books said it wouldn't fit. it did. the hitch shop was suprised.

Besides, cobra/gt, only difference back there is ????

On my 99' only thing is exhaust

scottgib
09-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah Jeff, it's me. Stu is looking hard and I am just doing a little advance research. Driving your car totally ruined him!;) Going to the dark side.