PDA

View Full Version : 4-piston 00R Brembo kit upgrade on 03/04 Cobra

olchakla
09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone install the Brembo 4 piston calipers on their 03/04 Cobra's? I had them and very dissapointed, only have a few thousand miles and the right front is causing problems. Considering taking the Brembos off and going back to the stock calipers with Hawk pads.

What pads are you running on your Brembo's and how long do they last you?

beerkat
09-17-2005, 09:43 AM
I am getting ready to put them on my car. I know a few others that have them and they have know real complains. What is the right front doing?

olchakla
09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Right Front is squaling when I come to a slow stop. When I ran a Panoz Fast Laps event, the right front started to squal loud in the beginning and then it started grabbing to where the right front wasn't functioning. On the drive home from TMS the right front was almost functionless. When I pulled the pads out they had half the pad left but the face looked like there were microfractures and glazed on the face.

I am getting ready to put them on my car. I know a few others that have them and they have know real complains. What is the right front doing?

beerkat
09-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I know that certain pads need to be "Bedded In" after you install them. Beding the pads is a series of stops from certain speeds. If the pads are not bedded properly then they can make lots of nosie and wear out faster. Track pads in general make more nosie than a street pad does also. Are you running the Brembro pads that came with the kit?

olchakla
09-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I followed the instructions from Brembo and bedded the pads as instructed, stopping for 3 seconds from 60 mph then waiting a half mile before the next stop, doing this up to 30 times. The pads provided with the Gran Turismo kit for the 00R was what I was using. I got 2 sets of pads and I replaced the first set after the track event and the second set was squealing on the right side again within a day. Wondering if I change sides on the rotors to see if the noise then goes to the left side?

I know that certain pads need to be "Bedded In" after you install them. Beding the pads is a series of stops from certain speeds. If the pads are not bedded properly then they can make lots of nosie and wear out faster. Track pads in general make more nosie than a street pad does also. Are you running the Brembro pads that came with the kit?