PDA

View Full Version : what's a 99 worth ?

doble-steam
09-20-2005, 10:25 PM
I have found a 99 cobra locally ... 95,000 miles.. interior and exterior good overall condition .. Runs real strong .. doesn't look abused .. the only thing I can find wrong is the ABS light is on .. although I could'nt tell from driving it .. It is being offered for 11,500 but I got the guy down to 10,000 .. Is this a good deal or not .. I currently have a 95 GT and am ready to step up.
Thanks
Kyle

Lights of speed
09-21-2005, 11:03 AM
id say about 15 at the most depending what it looks like b/c these cars are high. i looked for one before i got my truck and they were to much so i couldent get one!

casey99COBRA
09-22-2005, 04:33 AM
That is a good price. Mine had 68k miles on it and 5k in upgrades, paint prestine, interior prestine. got $14,500 for it. I'd take a really good look at it before buying. Make sure it hasn't been wrecked(run a carfax report), listen for ticks in the motor, leaks, and so on. the brake light may be on because the brake fluid may be low. If that isn't it pull the code from the information center and find out for sure. May be an abs sender(sensor).

Stavesacre21
09-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I agree with the carfax. It'll be worth the $20-30 for the secure state of mind.

The price sounds very nice for the condition, the only thing, like casey said, is reassure it hasn't been wrecked. From personal experience, i've learned that a stuck or fluttering ABS light usually has to do with an airbag that has been deployed, and either not reinstalled correctly, or simply (believe it or not) not reinstalled at all. (yea, that sucked).

Otherwise, i'd say you're lookin at a pretty tasty deal! :bounce: :D

casey99COBRA
09-22-2005, 06:32 PM
yeah come to think of it that abs light can mean alot of things. definately run a carfax report on it.

svtmc-g
09-23-2005, 09:10 AM
I also agree...do the Carfax. I almost bought a GT(before the Cobra) and it had a salvage title. I checked on it 1 hour before picking up the car!!! It's worth it. Spend the extra 7 dollars and get unlimited for a month. It's worth LOTS of money=piece of mind!!! I bought my 99 for $13,500 with 32k miles in near mint shape! can we say DEAL! 10k sounds pretty good!! Good luck!
Matt