PDA

View Full Version : Recomended gauge

BlueOvalPower
09-24-2005, 09:10 AM
I have a wide band coming and so I figure I am either going with a piller or a bezel cover for the exttra gauge, what would be a recomended 2nd gauge for the other opening, I was thinking of trying to fit a shift light anyone recomend anything else? thanks.

smashedheadcat
09-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Fuel pressure or coolant temp.

InfamousSVT
09-27-2005, 09:27 PM
I second the fuel pressure gauge :D

Dave B.
09-27-2005, 11:57 PM
which brand wideband are you getting?
I have an AEM and I must admit, I was disapointed in what I thought I could do with it, if your planning on trying to tune the car with the wideband, you will have to plug into a laptop and run a graph onto the computer then see what it was doing that way, I thought I could just watch the gauge and get close but it all happens too fast.

BlueOvalPower
09-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I purchased a Dynojet WB I have a laptop that will be in the car most of the time to datalog as well, I am not sure what brand of Fuel Pressure gauge, that sounds like a good choice I know with the pulleys and such I will getting close to the moniter the FP, thanks for the replys.

Robert

Kelvinator
09-29-2005, 04:26 AM
As far as a shift light, raptors are nice.

www.raptorperformance.com (http://www.raptorperformance.com/)

Pro-Dyno
10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Fuel gage would be a very good idea i will show you how to set your factory shift light to come on where ever you want :thumbsup:

spitfire
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Remimber if you get a fuel pressure, it has to be electric, and they are very expensive. I purchased the ford racing one, and have already replaced it twice, still if my battery runs dead and I try to start my engine, it triggers something in the gauge and it stops working. But for some reason this last one resets itself after a week or so and starts working again.

So I would not recomend Ford racing for gauges. I also installed a clock, so far, itīs the most usefull of all my gauges, except the extr boost pressure gauge, since I am pushing about 16psi! Good luck on your desicion. :thumbsup:

BlueOvalPower
10-08-2005, 11:26 PM
I also installed a clock, so far, itīs the most usefull of all my gauges,
You got a good laugh out of that one :rotf: ,

Thanks I have been debating about a boost guage as well becuase I think I should be near 14 with the 2.75 upper and 2lb lower, I think having the fuel will be needed as this gets tuned and sorted thanks.