PDA

View Full Version : How did Rita treat you and your family-property

93KingCobra
09-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Looks like I got off very easy!!! Thank God..... Power never went off and no damage to anything!!!!

I hope everyone comes out okay.....

Josh968
09-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I was outside with the neighbors about 8 last night. We saw all the lights on our cul-de-sac flicker. That was it.

We got some rain and a few small tree limbs down.

We got very lucky, considering.

Now I need to find out if the store is open tomorrow.

93KingCobra
09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Most of the Randells,HEB's and Krogers should be open tomorrow..Power permitting...

97CasperCobra
09-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Casper checking in....

Nothing but a lot of leaves, branches and some small limbs in my yard.....the lights were flickering last night at a friend's house, but we never lost power. :thumbsup:

Josh968
09-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Most of the Randells,HEB's and Krogers should be open tomorrow..Power permitting...

I'm not going grocery shopping. The gun store :D

kencobra
09-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Part of the fence went down and a big branch fell on another part of the fence. The power was off from 4am till about 7 am. All in all I do feel lucky just can't let the dog out back without watching him.

John Chingasos
09-24-2005, 04:33 PM
No issues here

just real sleepy from not sleeping all night. Hope everyone else made out OK

Mrs TwiceBitten
09-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Power off in Champions from 2 a.m. until about 6 p.m. today. Lots of pine needles and limbs down. Just now putting all plants etc. back in place and blowing everything off, fishing the patio furniture out of the pool (sunk there as a precaution), and waiting to hear when they will allow us on Tiki Island to assess the damage there. They had power lines down and asked us to wait a bit to go down...keep your fingers crossed for minimal damage.

Glad everyone else made it OK...we dodged that bullet. Had to laugh at the long lines at those few fast food places that were open today...it was as if people were willing to wait an hour for a taco or hamburger. You should see the TRASH (and cars!) left on the side of the road from the people fleeing out of town. Pitiful.

We touched base with Jimmy "Butcher" who had to flee Beaumont to his lake house, which turned out to also be in the path of the storm. He can't check out his house (or car) yet, but he is safe and sound so far.

Take care!

fordcobraman
09-24-2005, 07:34 PM
parents fence down....that was about it....ready to get out in the car again!

97CasperCobra
09-24-2005, 08:12 PM
waiting to hear when they will allow us on Tiki Island to assess the damage there.

You should see the TRASH (and cars!) left on the side of the road from the people fleeing out of town. Pitiful.

I do agree.....ABSOLUTELY pitiful about how people would trash the freeways. I know we're in a state of emergency, but is it too much to remember to "Don't Mess with Texas"??? :nope:

And let me know when you guys go to Tiki....if I can I'll go with ya to "assess" the damage. :thumbsup:

Andy M
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
We live near the Copperfield area and we made it through this thing with VERY little rain, and very minor winds. The power flickered a few times last night during the wind gusts, but we never lost power for more than a few seconds at a time.

I have about a million leaves from my neighbors trees all sitting on top of my leaf cover on my pool, but otherwise, no apparent damage of any sort to my home or property. It rained so little, I may have to turn the sprinklers back on come Monday to keep the grass from dying. I don't think we had any more than a few hundredths of an inch?!! We did not get a drop of rain until well after midnight.

I hope everyone else made it through ok? We certainly dodged a major bullet - at least on the west and northwest side of Houston!

97CasperCobra
09-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Here's what I took yesterday while driving around:

Looks like Wal-mart saw enough looting in LA:
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/walmartsm.jpg

And at a Shell gas station:
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/shellsm.jpg

:eek: the trash... :(
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0514sm.jpg

Out of gas or car trouble:
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_0513sm.jpg

Josh968
09-24-2005, 10:51 PM
The littering is pathetic. Makes me :mad:

97CasperCobra
09-24-2005, 10:55 PM
The littering is pathetic. Makes me :mad:

I feel the same way and expressed it over on Fordpower and was actually laughed and people were giving excuses why people littered. I guess some of us just take more pride in our state than others. :(

http://www.fordpower.net/forums/images/smilies/texaspatriot.gif

spitfire
09-25-2005, 11:04 AM
everything well here. Went to Austin, but came back friday evening when I seen that Houston was safe. Good thing too, because I would still be stuck there if I had not left. House ok, and family well!

JBoden
09-25-2005, 04:08 PM
We faired pretty well - only had to clean up the yard. We're really lucky. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Sat out on the deck smoking a cigar(or three)and enjoyed a few adult beverages(Shiner Bock! GOD I LOVE TEXAS!!!)as the winds picked up and the storm drew nearer. It was actually a very pleasant evening... the cool breeze was wonderful... for a while.

It really got going around 1:00 AM Sat. I saw(and heard) a few transformer explosions and heard a few power pole fuses blowing.

Then around 2:30 AM the branches and debris started flying over the house... Gail had endured enough of that and we ducked into the house. Within 5 minutes or so "out go the lights".

And out stayed the lights until about 1:00 AM Sunday... at least we were able to get a little A/C enhanced sleep finally!

No house damage, several limbs down, section of wood fence blown down, no Navi damage, no wagon damage, Cobra was safe and sound "tucked in" the garage with all the "loft-ables" from the yard.

Minor vine and plant damage in the yard...

Thank you GOD!!! :hail: and thanks to all the guardian Angels!! :angel: :grinangel

No question that a VERY LARGE bullet was dodged!!!
If that thing had stayed even cat 4 and came in further South West than it did.... it would have been horrific for a huge number of people!!!

Hopefully it will be a little wake up call for our government officials and highway planners.... Although I must say I think they did an outstanding job!!!

I am also proud to be Texan!!! Even though I'm a transplant.. it was really great to see people helping each other and pitching in to get people to safety!!!

My boss called me a few minutes ago... and we will be open tomorrow morning... almost back to normal!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AirForce1
09-26-2005, 04:31 AM
every thing fine here. is anyone still going to dinner on tues? had a friend stay at the house, we put all the cars in my dads warehouse. the walls are 8 in thick with cement and it is about 6 feet of the groung so it was a safe place to put some cars.:thumbsup: when we were done it looked like a used car lot :eek: we had my dads bends,my sisters audi, my x girlfriends mustang and her dads harley, my beater,and of corse the cobra,and my friends black cobra.:D

cobrapace94
09-26-2005, 10:49 AM
No damage here, just some limbs blown down. Just NO electricity till this AM.... 2.5 days with out power sux. Lost everything in my freezer & refrigerator. Had to throw out everything.

Firme
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Had some wind, about an inch or 2 of rain. I really enjoyed the cooler wind outside and kinda just walked the dog and stuff till it started getting dark and signs of rained showed. My sister (She lives 3 miles down the road) lost power from 8 p.m. friday till about 1 a.m. Saturday, but our house had power the whole time. No trees or branches down, but down the street from me, there were about 4 houses being built that just had their landscape put in last week, and some of those trees that were just planted were leaning over bad.

Spent the rest of the weekend getting all the systems back up at work, and have been getting all the different locations situated this morning :(

03 cobra toy
09-26-2005, 11:12 AM
All ok...No power for 14 Hours.... but we had a generator :D

I have some Hurricane Window Clips on the way for the next one :(

www.plylox.com

Mephisto
09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Evryone is fine, the monkeys are fine.

Starting today they are rolling blackouts in the woodlands. Different parts of town are loosing power for about 2 hours.

Kelley missed desperate housewives, was pissed, that did not make my night go well.

99CobraCrazy
09-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Wish I could report a better story then the rest of you guys. But I live in Sour Lake, which is about 10-15 miles north of Beaumont. Try 2 trees fell on the house, busted glass in my 2 vehicles that were outside, not to mention they are predicting that the water will not be running for another week, and the power is looking like its going to be out for approx. 3weeks :( However, I can say that my lovely wife, beautiful daughter and myself are all ok and are staying in a motel in Kileen. Guess i'll be getting a vacation after-all...needed or not!

03 cobra toy
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Wish I could report a better story then the rest of you guys. But I live in Sour Lake, which is about 10-15 miles north of Beaumont. Try 2 trees fell on the house, busted glass in my 2 vehicles that were outside, not to mention they are predicting that the water will not be running for another week, and the power is looking like its going to be out for approx. 3weeks :( However, I can say that my lovely wife, beautiful daughter and myself are all ok and are staying in a motel in Kileen. Guess i'll be getting a vacation after-all...needed or not!

Sorry about your loss...

Bartman01
09-26-2005, 06:35 PM
Kelley missed desperate housewives, was pissed, that did not make my night go well.

I am scrounging a copy of that for Karen (power was back on in time, but no cable). Need a hook up?

ORANGE CRUSH
09-26-2005, 08:03 PM

Sorry dude.:(

ORANGE CRUSH
09-26-2005, 08:11 PM
every thing fine here. is anyone still going to dinner on tues? had a friend stay at the house, we put all the cars in my dads warehouse. the walls are 8 in thick with cement and it is about 6 feet of the groung so it was a safe place to put some cars.:thumbsup: when we were done it looked like a used car lot :eek: we had my dads bends,my sisters audi, my x girlfriends mustang and her dads harley, my beater,and of corse the cobra,and my friends black cobra.:D

Yeah me to. I know this guy who let me put The Crush in his old WWII buncker. The walls are 8 feet thick of cement and 16 feet OFF the GROUND. He also has a boat and Sherman Tank down there with a Ford GT and a Viper and a Rolls Royce and my friends F-16.:D

93KingCobra
09-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah me to. I know this guy who let me put The Crush in his old WWII buncker. The walls are 8 feet thick of cement and 16 feet OFF the GROUND. He also has a boat and Sherman Tank down there with a Ford GT and a Viper and a Rolls Royce and my friends F-16.:D

:rotf:

InfamousSVT
09-27-2005, 03:29 AM
Good to hear everyone is save!

That's what is important, hope everything is fixed up and back to normal for you guys/gals soon :thumbsup:

cobltng
09-27-2005, 10:56 AM
No damage to House/Roof/ Etc. Lots of pine needles and small limbs. Clean up filled nine large(42gal) trash bags. Some wind on Sunday,no rain to speak of. Power was out 3:00A.M.Sunday to 7:30 P.M.We dodged a BIG Bullet. Had a small Rita(margarita) party early Saturday evening. I had not heard anything about the Freeway Trashing........That is pathetic. In Houston the Cowboy Mind set will never change. Look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday.

Mrs TwiceBitten
09-27-2005, 12:55 PM
We do have blessings to count...we just won't be able to stand on the dock at the bay and count them for a while...(anyone know how to resize this picture?)

***Edited your pic and put up some of mine...was easier this way. :thumbsup:*** -Mike

msmap
09-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Got home yesterday. Yard was trashed and lots of tree in the pool, but all else was good. I just can't believe what I-45 looked like when I left and when I came home. Trash all over, no excuse for that :(

Sorry to hear about your house, Andrew. That sux big time but as you said, you, Diana and daughter are ok :)

LadyCobra01'
09-28-2005, 10:40 AM
House is fine and family is fine. We went to New Braunsfels on Wed. took 12 hours to get there. Floated the river Friday and Saturday and came back home on Sunday. Pray for the people who are without running water or electricity. It will be 4-6 weeks before Beaumont has electricity!!! :eek:

Topless In Tex
10-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Well, thank GOD that Paul thought to turn off my water before we bailed out of here.. My gutter to my second story blew off and came down on top of my pipe/faucet in the backyard. Sliced it in half. We got home bout 7pm on Monday, turned the water on, and when I walked out in the backyard about 15 min. later, i had water gushing out my pipe on the back wall. My main valve in the house would not shut it off complelty. he was at Home Depot at about 8:30 getting parts, but could not do a thing cuz he could not glue anything cuz it would not shut off completely. The City had to come out on Tuesday to turn off the main water. Cant do it yourself. He was here ALL DAY LONG on Tuesday! Fixed my pipe, and replaced my main valve in the house. The gutter on the bottom story is hanging by a thread. Had he not turned off the water, Id had about a $3000 water bill.... and a lake in my backyard.

I have a good friend of mine in Sour Lake also from Mustang Works. I have been thinking of her all week. I need to call her. Things are just so chaotic here, I have not even paid my bills from last month. Glad ya'll did okay. Sorry about your loss in Sour Lake. I hope that ya'll are okay. This has just been a real wierd expierience.
:banana:TNT:banana: