PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point AI weekend

johnbasf
09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Congrats to Beau for 2 wins this weekend. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FCorkran
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
And to Jimmy on his first race. The Mystic looks pretty good with the red stripes and 'R' on the back. I wondered if Beau got back around Brian on Sunday. Christian Shriver also got his first AI podium (3rd) in the '66 on Saturday.

johnbasf
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Jimmy Bost??????? Awesome!!!! Congrats Jimmy. :bounce:

johnbasf
09-26-2005, 08:17 PM
I see that Scott Whitson won the SE races. :thumbsup:

FCorkran
09-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Come on Jimmy, let's hear an account of your first race. How did you and your car do? Or are you too busy adding MM suspension parts for October's race? From what I saw it looked like you spent most of the race running in tight traffic.

johnbasf
09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Come on Jimmy, let's hear an account of your first race. How did you and your car do? Or are you too busy adding MM suspension parts for October's race? From what I saw it looked like you spent most of the race running in tight traffic.

Yea Jimmy............. :D

etm63
09-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Whitson won Sat and Sun but he was DQ'd on Sun for overly aggressive driving giving the win to Mark Danderand. I don't know any details cause I wasn't there - just passing on the results. :D

Peace out,
Ed

johnbasf
09-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Whitson won Sat and Sun but he was DQ'd on Sun for overly aggressive driving giving the win to Mark Danderand. I don't know any details cause I wasn't there - just passing on the results. :D

Peace out,
Ed

:bounce: Mark gets his first win???? Thanks Ed. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
09-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Frank, did Jimmy have a transponder? I don't see his times?

FCorkran
09-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I guess he didn't. I know Jimmy wasn't eligible for AI points since the race was part of his comp eval (he did get signed off after the race), but his car should have been listed if he had a transponder. At least, that's how it worked when Christian did his eval at the SC event. The results still show 75 points for "Car #70" from that race since he never told T&S his name/xponder#. I believe if you ran the race, then you ran the race and you should get the points, but that's not my call. Jimmy will have to start at the back again in the next race - his first "official" race.

Christian forgot to turn on his transponder before Saturday's race but T&S scored him manually. They said there was no way they weren't going to score the loud red '66 Mustang. Somebody must really like the car, judging by some of the low lap times listed from Saturday's race. :) I'm sure the rabbit effect and drafting had something to do with it, but there's no way he did a 1:25 lap. Especially since we finally figured out that fuel slosh uncovers the jets in the Ebok carb in nearly every corner when driven hard. Exit speed from T9 & T10 are slower than entry unless driven easy! I just wish I'd have driven the car sooner, all this time we've been trying to tune out a tip-in issue that wasn't tuning at all. Guess there's a communication problem between the driver and crew chief. Time for an F1 style Friday test driver? :D

johnbasf
09-30-2005, 07:42 PM
I just got an e-mail from Jimmy, no transponder. He had a ball. :thumbsup: