PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 11 Cruise Sign up sheet


cobrabitn
09-27-2005, 08:44 PM
If you plan to attend the Hwy 11 cruise, please post here so we can get a head count and know who to look for, thanks. Please, just post if you are going. ;)

1. Tony & Jacque Sorrentino
2. Dave Stanfield and guest
3. Lisa & Clarence Milstead

redsnake99
09-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Dave Stanfield & guest (?), planning to go, but not 100% certain.

flynfink
09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Jeff and Chrisanne.

93Teal
09-28-2005, 08:28 AM
DeWayne and Sharon Brooks

FearTheSnake
09-28-2005, 12:16 PM
1. Tony & Jacque Sorrentino
2. Dave Stanfield and guest
3. David Spearman and guest

97whitevert
09-28-2005, 05:30 PM
If you plan to attend the Hwy 11 cruise, please post here so we can get a head count and know who to look for, thanks. Please, just post if you are going. ;)

1. Tony & Jacque Sorrentino
2. Dave Stanfield and guest
3. Lisa & Clarence Milstead
4. Jeff & Chrisanne
5. Dewayne & Sharon Brooks
6. David Spearman & guest

RR03Cobra
09-30-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll be there !!:cool:

2veloce
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
I am thinking about the cruise. Where is the meeting place and what time?

cobrabitn
10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
1. Tony & Jacque Sorrentino
2. Dave Stanfield and guest
3. Lisa & Clarence Milstead
4. Jeff & Chrisanne
5. Dewayne & Sharon Brooks
6. David Spearman & guest
7. Rocky Rowland
8. Al Cogossi

We will meet at the Cowpens Battlefield at 8:30 a.m. Exit 92 off of I85

poolman
10-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Dennis McCrary and guest :D

Big Daddy
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Dennis McCrary and guest :D

I'll believe it when I see it!! I have been debating whether of not to come. It will depend on the weather on Saturday, if it's sunny at 7:00 am, I'll do it. IF it's raining forget it! Plus this will be my 20th anniversary celebration weekend (actual date is 10/5/05) but I'll be traveling (sometimes I hate my job!). I'm going to try and convince Evelyn to come with me. So that's a big MAYBE.

Greg Oswell and GUEST??? ;) :D

cobrabitn
10-02-2005, 03:23 PM
1. Tony & Jacque Sorrentino - 1994 Indy Pace Car Convertible
2. Dave Stanfield and guest - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible
3. Lisa & Clarence Milstead - 1997 White Cobra Convertible
4. Jeff & Chrisanne - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible
5. Dewayne & Sharon Brooks - 1993 Teal Cobra
6. David Spearman & guest - 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe
7. Rocky Rowland - 2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Convertible
8. Al Cogossi - 2003 Black Cobra Convertible
9. Dennis McCrary and Guest - 1998 Black Cobra Convertible
10. Greg Oswell and guest - 2001 White Cobra Coupe :rotf:

poolman
10-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll believe it when I see it!!
Greg Oswell and GUEST??? ;) :D


Yep, found the keys and have gas money. Hope you can come Daddy-O.
Happy Anniversary :D

cobrabitn
10-04-2005, 10:25 PM
1. Tony & Jacque Sorrentino - 1994 Indy Pace Car Convertible
2. Dave Stanfield and guest - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible
3. Lisa & Clarence Milstead - 1997 White Cobra Convertible
4. Jeff & Chrisanne - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible
5. Dewayne & Sharon Brooks - 1993 Teal Cobra
6. David Spearman & guest - 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe
7. Rocky Rowland - 2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Convertible
8. Al Cogossi - 2003 Black Cobra Convertible
9. Dennis McCrary and Guest - 1998 Black Cobra Convertible
10. Greg Oswell and guest - 2001 White Cobra Coupe
11. Mike Hipskind - 1998 "Ocean Extreme" Cobra Convertible

cobrabitn
10-06-2005, 11:23 PM
The weather looks iffy for this weekend, what do y'all want to do??
:doubt:

redsnake99
10-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Go ahead with it. Our cars can go in the rain. Besides, the folks who have already winterized their cars and put them away would laugh at us. See ya at Cowpens.

FearTheSnake
10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
The weather looks iffy for this weekend, what do y'all want to do??
:doubt:
Not a whole lot of fun driving up the Mtn. in the rain. :(

Hoping this front gets a move on. Outta here overnite.

flynfink
10-07-2005, 11:41 AM
With the flood watch in effect today and rain all day today, there will be gravel everywhere on the road and lots of water. Tomorrow the weather guessers are predicting 70% chance in the AM and 30 % in the PM. Last year when we went up 276 in the AM with fog and drizzle, both Robbie and I almost lost it in the same corner.

I'm out, unless we move it to Sunday - 10% chance of rain.

Jeff

FearTheSnake
10-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Just an FYI if you want to reschedule Tony.

redsnake99
10-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Tony and I just had a conversation and said essentially the same thing as the post right above this one. Reschedule for this Sunday or for next Saturday. What do the rest of you think?

flynfink
10-07-2005, 02:08 PM
We're in if it's Sunday

Big Daddy
10-07-2005, 03:50 PM
We're in if it's Sunday

Sunday is fine, next Saturday is better! :thumbsup:

FearTheSnake
10-07-2005, 04:36 PM
tomorrow & let me know. I will not have e-mail until Monday.

# 864.245.8051

cobrabitn
10-07-2005, 08:09 PM
The Saturday cruise is cancelled!

I won't be able to go next Saturday or Sunday of this week. You all can still go together as a group and have fun. I'll let you decide of you want to go on Sunday or Saturday of next week.

That's twice we had to cancel this thing! :(

97whitevert
10-07-2005, 08:42 PM
As far as i know-- no go for us for sunday or next weekend.... if it cahnges to sunday- thats a maybe, but will have to try to remember what we have going on sunday.... sosmething jsut don't know what at this point. :rolleyes: i hate having the memoruy of an 89 year old.... :(

VenomSVT
10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
This Sunday is better for me than next weekend.

redsnake99
10-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Same here.....this Sunday is better. Next weekend is not for me.

flynfink
10-08-2005, 10:46 AM
So, Sunday AM 8:30 at Cowpens Battlefield? Who has the route sheets?

redsnake99
10-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Sorry, gotta bail on this one. Something else came up vying for my attention. Have a great time, Cobra drivers.

93Teal
10-08-2005, 12:17 PM
I can attend tomorrow. How many do we have coming?
DeWayne Brooks

The information below is the route we had planned in August. We can alter it when we meet in the morning

Highway 11 intersects with I-85 in Gaffney at Exit 92.

We will meet at the Cowpens National Battlefield at 8:30 AM. This is 10 miles west of Gaffney on Highway 11. There is a parking lot at the entrance to the park where we can meet.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Highway 11 is mostly rural with farms and mountain scenery the norm. There are many roadside stands for purchasing fruit, vegetables, etc.

<o:p> </o:p>

Approximate miles

from Cowpens. Side trips and/or places we will stop.

<o:p> </o:p>

48.8 1. Caesars Head State Park- via Rte. 276 – panorama of Blue

Ridge foothills. About 12 -15 miles round trip.

<o:p> </o:p>

51.2 2. Aunt Sue’s Corner- Sandwiches and ice cream for lunch.

<o:p> </o:p>

70.1 70.1 Another possible side trip- Rte. 107 Scenic Byway-
Turn right off Highway 11 onto Highway 130. Travel Highway 130 and take a left onto Highway 413 west (road is not marked. Sign says to Highway 107). then take Rte. 107 south through the mountains of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Sumter</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">National Forest</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>. You will see many kinds of trees, waterfalls, the Walhalla National Fish Hatchery, and the area around the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Chatooga</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">River</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>.

The fish hatchery hatches trout for the rivers and lakes of <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">South Carolina</st1:place></st1:State>. It is located 1.8 miles off the main road on a winding, narrow two lane side road. I don’t know if there is a charge. SC state parks charge $2.00 but this is a national park. Those who are interested can hike to the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Chattooga</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">River</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> which is 2.5 mile away.

Rejoin Highway 11 in Walhalla, SC. The total miles for this side trip is about 35 mi.

<o:p> </o:p>

Highway 11 ends at I-85 near the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Georgia</st1:place></st1:country-region> state line.

cobrabitn
10-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Updated Sunday October 9, 2005 List:

Jeff Finkelstein - 99 Cobra
Greg Oswell - 01 Cobra
Michael Hipskind - 98 Cobra
Dewayne Brooks - 93 Cobra
Lisa Milstead - 97 Cobra

That's all I know of ???

Tony

Big Daddy
10-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Updated Sunday October 9, 2005 List:

Jeff Finkelstein - 99 Cobra
Michael Hipskind - 98 Cobra
Dewayne Brooks - 93 Cobra
Lisa Milstead - 97 Cobra

That's all I know of ???

Tony

Sorry, but I won't be able to make tomorrow. I think we might want to try this again in the spring?? Of maybe a cold, CLEAR day in November or December?