PDA

View Full Version : Chip or Tuner ?s

BOOMER23
09-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Hey guys, this question is especially directed toward Rick and Linn at Amazon because Im pretty much decided when I do the whole pulley deal that Im going down there to get my tune, and I guess Im asking what Ricks preference is, Id like to be simple about it and cheap I guess and I have found a Diablosport chip for like 279 (I think Id like to go this route) and Im not knowledgable enough to bother with handheld tuners and stuff cause I want no part of me messin with any of that tuning stuff Ill leave that to professionals. Does Rick like to work with anything in particular. If i sound stupid Im sorry I learn as much as I can but tuning and computers I have not F**ked with at all. Help me out guys dont wanna mess up something that is that important when it comes time for it, oh yeah also i have no use for multiple tunes or any fancy stuff. Thanks again guys!

Ashton

InfamousSVT
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I currently have the 4 bank SCT chip and Rick tunes my car also. But I'm going to upgrade to the SCT Xcalibrator 2.

The chip is nice if you are going to be switching between tunes a bunch, but since you are only going to run one tune. I recommend going with the hand held tuner.

The hand held tuner is great because you get to datalog with it and read read trouble codes (ex. check engine light)

I don't know if Rick really has a preference, but for your application I'd use the flasher, this way you just flash the car with the program and don't have to worry about a chip or switch.

Good luck, I'm sure Rick will pop in here and better address your question.;)

RF Cobra
09-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Ashton, before you buy anything check with Linn first. It varies from product to product, but they do give SCMC members discounts on items they sell.

InfamousSVT
09-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Ashton, before you buy anything check with Linn first. It varies from product to product, but they do give SCMC members discounts on items they sell.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BOOMER23
09-29-2005, 03:19 AM
werd! lol im always up for a cut deal If any of yall have noticed most of my posts are on where to get something for an absolute steal Oh well im in college thats an excuse to be cheap I think