PDA

View Full Version : Work of art in Progress

spitfire
09-29-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought everyone would like to see how Spitfire is coming along. Should be finished tomorrow I hope. Looking for a car show for Saturday and Sunday. Someone once told me they did not like my large Cobra on the back window, so I am now adding two more on the hood! I guess I can't get enough of the Snakes! :D (Update, three new pictures added on page 2)

spitfire
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Two more

03 cobra toy
09-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Very nice :thumbsup:

spitfire
09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Very nice :thumbsup: Thanks, can't wait to post the final pictures!

97CasperCobra
09-29-2005, 02:47 PM
VERY nice Chuck.....looks like the guys know what they're doing. :thumbsup:

Firme
09-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Dang Chuck, looks nice.... great artwork.

93KingCobra
09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
That thing is going to look sick man....!!!! :thumbsup:

msmap
09-29-2005, 07:27 PM
:thumbsup: Looking mighty good, Chuck! Can't wait to see it in person. :bounce:

http://www.houstonperformancedriving.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52569#post52569

Carl G
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Looks really nice Chuck, Will you be ready for AutoRama, that will make a fine entry. :thumbsup:

AirForce1
09-29-2005, 09:44 PM
looks beautiful chuck now you will just get more attention then before. and i thought that you got a lot of attention with the cog. :eek: :love: :drool:

cobrapace94
09-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Attention whore.... :thumbsup: :)
Looking good. :eek:

spitfire
09-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Well here is the surprise, I was going to wait till it was installed, but I have a big mouth! :o I just bought a power reverse hood lift kit! :D So at the car shows the snakes will be standing up and staring at you! :cool: ThAts why it's going back to the custom shop, I was going to install it myself, but going Offshore again in Brazil next week, and I wanted it finished before the Autorama. I will have the car at the mustang unlimited car show this Sunday if it stil going to happen.

Levi
09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
You will need to get a full time security guard to accompany the car where ever you go just to keep the leg humpers off the car. :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
10-01-2005, 12:40 AM
:jawdrop: ...

spitfire
10-01-2005, 11:52 AM
As much as I hate it, the car was not finished this weekend! :( So I never got to drive it with the new graphics. I am leaving for Brazil Monday so its staying at the custom shop till I get back. Maybe by then the paint and the reverse hood lift will be complete. :rolleyes:

spitfire
10-03-2005, 04:17 PM
OK three new pictures, taken today, before i left for brazil. Getting more graphics done to the underside of the hood, so will be in the shop even longer.

cobrapace94
10-03-2005, 11:32 PM
You definatly have a show stopper Chuck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
10-03-2005, 11:46 PM
You definatly have a show stopper Chuck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He HAD a show stopper....now he's got a heart stopper..... :D :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see it in person Chuck. I'm usually not one for flames on a car, but I think I've found my exception :drool:

spitfire
10-05-2005, 09:51 AM
OK, question! whats does everyone think about for under the hood? I was thinking about doing an artist rendition of a picture of my wife, just a portrate type thing, with flames on the bottom! the hood is going to reversed now, so the snbakes will be standing up correctly in the front, and I am thinking of something for the inside. Either ghost flames and a portrate of my wife, or should I just keep it simple and just use flames to match the out side.

97CasperCobra
10-05-2005, 11:58 AM
OK, question! whats does everyone think about for under the hood? I was thinking about doing an artist rendition of a picture of my wife, just a portrate type thing, with flames on the bottom!

if it's gonna be the wife it should be a cartoonish style rendition and she MUST be in the bikini....kinda like those trucker mudflaps. :thumbsup:

I'll be more than happy to shoot some pics of her and send them over to the shop.... ;) ....please don't kill me

John Chingasos
10-05-2005, 01:34 PM
OK, question! whats does everyone think about for under the hood? I was thinking about doing an artist rendition of a picture of my wife, just a portrate type thing, with flames on the bottom! the hood is going to reversed now, so the snbakes will be standing up correctly in the front, and I am thinking of something for the inside. Either ghost flames and a portrate of my wife, or should I just keep it simple and just use flames to match the out side.

Honest opinion- anymore than what you have already done would be overkill. How can do too much sometimes........ thats my .02 cents

Casper- I would kill you

spitfire
10-05-2005, 02:25 PM
if it's gonna be the wife it should be a cartoonish style rendition and she MUST be in the bikini....kinda like those trucker mudflaps. :thumbsup:

I'll be more than happy to shoot some pics of her and send them over to the shop.... ;) ....please don't kill meNo worries! :D I already have lots of Pics on my computer! I was thinking of having an artist rendition with flames on the bottom, just a shot from the waist up, kinda like the old pictures from the renasance days? Anyway, havenīt talked the artest yet to see what he thinks! I do think that maybe it would be too much, but the wife really liked the idea, and if it gets me brownie points, thats a good incentive! :D

msmap
10-05-2005, 09:33 PM
my honest opinion, no to the wife on the underside :doubt: how about the backside of the snakes??

spitfire
10-06-2005, 07:36 AM
my honest opinion, no to the wife on the underside :doubt: how about the backside of the snakes??OK sheri, will through that in the mix! :D

jimmysidecarr
10-06-2005, 11:25 PM
HOLY CRAP CHUCK!!!

THOSE FREAKING FLAMES!!!!

Those are unbelievable!!!

They turned out sooooo freaking cool!!!!

I would think long and hard about "babe" pics on the car.... even "Wifey" pics...

I'm sure you can get your "points count" going other ways... I'm just thinking that you are going to hear comments at shows that may be beyond inappropriate... and it will be a problem for you both.... when you should be enjoying the moment...

Just a thought...

;)

spitfire
10-07-2005, 07:42 AM
OK here is the idea the artist had, tell me what yall think.

He said he will put a large snake, from an old commircial or something, that had a large snake with wheels and an engine, that has a large supercharger on it. Anyone ever heard of this before? probrably before my time. :rolleyes:

spitfire
10-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I'm sure you can get your "points count" going other ways... I'm just thinking that you are going to hear comments at shows that may be beyond inappropriate... and it will be a problem for you both.... when you should be enjoying the moment...

Just a thought...

;)[/QUOTE]Yea you are probrably right, never thought about it that way! I think I will dump the portrate thing! Thanks Jimmy, hey I still have those cigars from Colombia at home for you, probrably a dried up by now!

msmap
10-07-2005, 04:17 PM
OK here is the idea the artist had, tell me what yall think.

He said he will put a large snake, from an old commircial or something, that had a large snake with wheels and an engine, that has a large supercharger on it. Anyone ever heard of this before? probrably before my time. :rolleyes:

yea, I think you are talking about the old Shelby snake from the 60's. It is the patch on my vintage Ford Racing jacket.

Levi
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
http://www.brothersperformance.com/shop/_images/cjred.jpg

Firme
10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
here is a better pic

spitfire
10-07-2005, 06:25 PM
here is a better pic
So I guess this is whats going under the hood, except he was talking about showing an engine with a big blower on top! I guess he talking about adding it between the wheel. |Thanks firme I will forward to him as soon as I get his e-mail working. Not having any luck.:thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
10-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks Jimmy, hey I still have those cigars from Colombia at home for you, probrably a dried up by now!

ZIP LOCK BAGGIES!!! :thumbsup:

They'll save ya in a pinch when there is no humidor available

spitfire
10-08-2005, 08:11 AM

Still in the orignal package sealed, so hopefully OK! :baby:

John Chingasos
10-10-2005, 11:05 AM

You should put them in a zip lock bag with a wet napkin that has had all of the water squeezed out of it.