PDA

View Full Version : best thing about the 03/04 Cobra's

ausie
09-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Ever get asked what kind of car you have. Is that just a GT with aftermarket parts on it? I get asked alot of questions about my car by others who think it is just a decal job or cosmetic difference. I have been asked the same questions from other mustang owners as well. "what year is that, I have never seen a rear deck spoiler like that before, what is a cobra exactly? "

I have had some ask me what is a BBS Mustang? I guess some people do not realize that it is not the wheels that defines the model of the vehicle. :drool:

InfamousSVT
09-30-2005, 07:07 AM
That's hilarious :rotf:

dewone
09-30-2005, 07:47 AM
I just like when people ask is that new. I know I'm a 97..

nelsontc
10-01-2005, 02:32 PM
I have a 03 silver 10 year anniverssary vert. I once had a person come over to me after I parked an asked waht kind of car it was. When I told them it was a Mustang Cobra they couldn't believe it. They told me they first thought it was foreign. I was proud of Ford, they definelty made the 03/04 look good.

I think this person was pro foreign cars and they were very surprised to find out that they actually liked a doemstic car.

Stavesacre21
10-02-2005, 02:01 AM
I just like when people ask is that new. I know I'm a 97..
LoL...i can relate bud :eek: :thumbsup: I always just say "close...only off by 9 years" :p

And now i return the power back to these 03/04s...considering it's their board :rolleyes:

ausie
10-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Perhaps it is due to the limited numbers of all cobra's built, regardless of what year it is. I still find myself staring at the 97/98's since they have their own character. It has to be the hood vents that gets my attention.

A point well taken on the European styling. At times when I see an Audi TT heading towards me, my first thought is Mustang until the car gets much closer to find out it is just a turbo'ed VW with Audi badges. There is no mistake that the pre 05 mustangs are domestic but yet the slight wedge shape of the body lines sort of has a European image. I think my car looks like it is moving faster when sitting still than the 05 does with the forward sloping grill. Sure that brings back memories of the 69 but does not impress me as the 69 does. I am sure the 07 will be a kicker on the street but so far I am happy with my outdated 04 which to me looks more modern than the 05 re-style.

ausie
10-03-2005, 06:31 AM
I guess I should have made it more general and not just limited to 03-04's. I will re-post it under the lounge but more general in title.

Stavesacre21
10-03-2005, 07:53 AM
I guess some people do not realize that it is not the wheels that defines the model of the vehicle. :drool:
This statement is sadly very true of a lot of people now days...:rolleyes:

For instance, i know someone who put Cobra R rims on a V6 mustang, and rumor traveled through to me by word of mouth that this person had a 1995 Cobra R. I had to see this...so I met up to find out it didn't even have the hood/bumper/skirts......anything for that matter. Just a plain jane mustang with R rims....:eek:

Honestly, what's wrong with people now days?!

Cobra4me
10-03-2005, 12:37 PM
I post in another forum (unnamed) a you will be surprised that alot of gt guys love to put cobra R, bullits and 03/04 rims on their cars with cobra center caps. Also alot of bumper covers front and back as well as fender badges. I dunno I guess an upgrade for them. I guess the real cobras one of these days we will have to look under the hood

Big T
10-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I can't stand those who put a cobra emblem on the side of their car and ride around like they have a cobra. The worst is the big cobra sticker on the front or rear window :mad: . Most people on the street don't know how to recognize a real cobra. It's a shame :( . We need to do more community education on this.

ausie
10-05-2005, 06:46 AM
I was contemplating doing a step down conversion with the all the goodies, bumper cover, emblems, different hood, wheels and of course a mock up of a single pipe exhaust to make my cobra look like run of the mill v6 pony. That would have been very easy to do with the 01. :( nah, why go to that trouble to build a sleeper when others think all you have are cosmetic changes. I have already educated others what a cobra is on the highway (it usually takes one idiot driver on my rear bumper to do it, why oh why is it always a shivey pickup?).

dewone
10-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Noticed a number of cars embelmed up like cobras.
I like the fools with their heads high, their arm out the window and one tail pipe.
Most forget the SVT emblem though, if the one tail pipe and skinny tires didn't give them away.

Stavesacre21
10-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Noticed a number of cars embelmed up like cobras.
I like the fools with their heads high, their arm out the window and one tail pipe.
Most forget the SVT emblem though, if the one tail pipe and skinny tires didn't give them away.
Yea, the tells of a true Cobra are numerous to those of us who are around them daily...but the sad part is that the average joe wouldn't know the difference between the real and fake if both had badges...grr :mad:

I always thought that badges should require a certain level of...proof...that you actaully own what you are "creating"...

Would that just make so much more sense?! ;)

FearTheSnake
10-05-2005, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=Stavesacre21]Yea, the tells of a true Cobra are numerous to those of us who are around them daily...but the sad part is that the average joe wouldn't know the difference between the real and fake if both had badges...grr :mad:

In a Cobra up'd emblem 4 bang'er ask me if my paint was real, then said I should put a set of Neon Lights underneath the car to match the color..... damn near puked when I heard that. All I could do was just bite my tongue and drive off.

Riversnake
10-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Ever get asked what kind of car you have. Is that just a GT with aftermarket parts on it? I get asked alot of questions about my car by others who think it is just a decal job or cosmetic difference. I have been asked the same questions from other mustang owners as well. "what year is that, I have never seen a rear deck spoiler like that before, what is a cobra exactly? "
I sold a '86 SVO when I bought my 03 Cobra....want to get offbeat questions? Get a SVO..."where did you get that hood or rear wing" "That thing got a 5.0 in it?" and my favorite: "is that a mustang?" I actually had a FORD salesman tell me "I'll eat that rear tire if this thing (my SVO) has a 4 cyl in it" just last year. Offered him salt and pepper as I popped the hood :D

Cobra questions havent come close to the level of sillyness that the SVO brought out--well other than the kid in the Miata "with a turbo" that wanted to race:retard:

casey99COBRA
10-05-2005, 12:40 PM
we've got some v6 mustangs rolling around here on import rims with cobra emblems, it's ridiculous...

ausie
10-06-2005, 06:40 AM
I saw one at a car show a few years back, V6 mustang with y2k Cobra wheels on it. What was under the hood was the V6 but modified with a roots blower and all of the hardware. It looked really good. The owner claimed he had 400hp at the rear wheels. One would hope he replaced the rear end and transmission since the V6 components will not handle that. It did not have any Cobra emblems on it though. At least the mods under the hood had merit :thumbsup:

Stavesacre21
10-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Once in awhile you'll find a legit claim, although I simply don't like Cobra posers...:mad:

Kinda reminds me of that commercial for some wireless phone company where this chinese guy wearing fubu and all these ghetto clothes comes up talkin about "Poser Mobil"....

:rotf:

For some reason, the false representation somehow spurred the thought of all the poser drivers out there...:rolleyes:

crunchit
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
People are always staring at the cobra emblem when they walk infront of my car. It never fails. Then they look at each other and ask "what type of car is that?"

It only says COBRA in big silver letters on the winshield...

Big T
10-07-2005, 09:40 PM
People are always staring at the cobra emblem when they walk infront of my car. It never fails. Then they look at each other and ask "what type of car is that?"

It only says COBRA in big silver letters on the winshield...

Nice ride! The cobra on the windshield is OK if the car is the real deal like yours. The v6's or the GT's with the sticker really annoy me. What size rims do you have? They look nice.

Stavesacre21
10-09-2005, 10:14 PM
People are always staring at the cobra emblem when they walk infront of my car.
I seriously cannot understand why Ford didn't make that Cobra emblem OEM stock from the factory. My guess is that almost 95% of the people that get Cobras buy one anyway...and for that very reason. It always grabs attention, no matter what the year of Cobra. :thumbsup:

Come on Ford...don't be gay :rolleyes:

svtmc-g
10-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Around here it's funny. I've seen the Cobra posers. They ARE funny. It really does tick me off as well. I even got next to a V6 WITH SNAKE BADGES AND R's! I sped up to him after he went by me just to remind him that his car is NOT a snake. I revved my engine nice and loud a couple times to bring him back to reality.

I also love the V6 guys who deck their stang out to look like a race car even. "Hey buddy...you should have spent all that extra cash on a V8!"

I've been thinking about keeping my car stock looking(except for lowering it) I've even considered having the factory rear rims widened. I love my 99' people think its a plain stang till I open it up a little. Then they tend to leave me alone(even though I'm not really fast)But when I'm done doing mechanical mods...they'll get a sweet surprise. Anyway, had to jump in...sorry Terminator owners...I just see these guys and it's annoying:)
Mc-G

Stavesacre21
10-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Then they tend to leave me alone(even though I'm not really fast)
On the contrary...yur faster then any other stock mustang to roll off the line before 99 ;)

Remember...

"Fast" is relative. 315HP is definite.

:thumbsup:

crunchit
10-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice ride! The cobra on the windshield is OK if the car is the real deal like yours. The v6's or the GT's with the sticker really annoy me. What size rims do you have? They look nice.
Thanks brother:thumbsup:. My rims are 19x10.5 in the rear and 19x9 in the front. They're Modena ROH's (3 piece) the rubber is Continental. I love these tires, great in the rain.